T-Shirt Vendor Recommendations wanted

  • Paul Fischer
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2006
      Hi All,

      I get my ADD Cast t-shirts through Cafe Press. I like the quality,
      but they're a little pricey and their search sucks. I was wondering
      if anyone else can recommend a good print-on-demand shirt maker or
      maybe a small batch printer.

      I had about 10 podcasters at Balticon 40 last weekend and we really
      had a ball. If the shirts had been a little cheaper I probably would
      have given them each a shirt. $15 each was a bit beyond my budget.
      But I'd like to think about it for next year.

      Paul Fischer "Paul-san, New Media Ninja Warrior", BSFS
      pfischer @ pfischer . com
      The Website - http://www.pfischer.com
      The Blog - http://www.livejournal.com/users/pafischer/
      The Podcasts - http://addcast.net http://balticonpodcast.org
    • Andy Armstrong
      Message 2 of 12 , May 31, 2006
        On 31 May 2006, at 21:47, Paul Fischer wrote:
        > I get my ADD Cast t-shirts through Cafe Press. I like the quality,
        > but they're a little pricey and their search sucks. I was wondering
        > if anyone else can recommend a good print-on-demand shirt maker or
        > maybe a small batch printer.

        Spreadshirt: http://www.spreadshirt.com/

        Like cafepress but a bit better in general.

        --
        Andy Armstrong, hexten.net
      • will gotshall-maxon
        Message 3 of 12 , May 31, 2006
          customink.com is reasonable. my AP Physics class bought class shirts
          from them...

          Will

          On 5/31/06, Andy Armstrong <andy@...> wrote:
          > On 31 May 2006, at 21:47, Paul Fischer wrote:
          > > I get my ADD Cast t-shirts through Cafe Press. I like the quality,
          > > but they're a little pricey and their search sucks. I was wondering
          > > if anyone else can recommend a good print-on-demand shirt maker or
          > > maybe a small batch printer.
          >
          > Spreadshirt: http://www.spreadshirt.com/
          >
          > Like cafepress but a bit better in general.
          >
          > --
          > Andy Armstrong, hexten.net

        • Wyldceltic1
          Message 4 of 12 , May 31, 2006
            This looks very cool... I may do mine through them. Cafepress is ~OK~
            BUT.....
            This looks cleaner, easier and I may like this.

            On May 31, 2006, at 2:44 PM, Andy Armstrong wrote:

            > On 31 May 2006, at 21:47, Paul Fischer wrote:
            > > I get my ADD Cast t-shirts through Cafe Press. I like the quality,
            > > but they're a little pricey and their search sucks. I was wondering
            > > if anyone else can recommend a good print-on-demand shirt maker or
            > > maybe a small batch printer.
            >
            > Spreadshirt: http://www.spreadshirt.com/
            >
            > Like cafepress but a bit better in general.
          • I Print Stickers
            Message 5 of 12 , May 31, 2006
              Hey Paul.
              Cafe Press sells shirts and garments with iron on transfers, which
              are tacky in my opinion and it's something that I wouldnt wear. They
              also charge the consumer waay too much.
              I'm a screenprinter. If you need shirts or other promo merch.
              Contact me off list for a quote.
              Thanks--Jasper
              http://plannineprint.com

              > Hi All,
              >
              > I get my ADD Cast t-shirts through Cafe Press. I like the quality,
              > but they're a little pricey and their search sucks. I was wondering
              > if anyone else can recommend a good print-on-demand shirt maker or
              > maybe a small batch printer.
              >
              > I had about 10 podcasters at Balticon 40 last weekend and we really
              > had a ball. If the shirts had been a little cheaper I probably would
              > have given them each a shirt. $15 each was a bit beyond my budget.
              > But I'd like to think about it for next year.

              > Paul Fischer "Paul-san, New Media Ninja Warrior", BSFS
              > pfischer @ pfischer . com
              > The Website - http://www.pfischer.com
              > The Blog - http://www.livejournal.com/users/pafischer/
              > The Podcasts - http://addcast.net http://balticonpodcast.org

              > Communication and networking Computer security Computer training
              >
              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >
              > Visit your group "podcasters" on the web.

            • John Federico
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                I¹ve used LowerTown Printing numerous times. Their minimum order is 6
                t-shirts, but I¹ve only ever ordered 200+ per order.

                http://www.lowertownprinting.com/

                Or 800-870-3959

                Ask for Erin Oberhauser.

                Regards,

                -jf.

                --
                John Federico
                Sr. Director, Podcasting

                On 5/31/06 4:47 PM, "Paul Fischer" <pfischer@...> wrote:

                > Hi All,
                >
                > I get my ADD Cast t-shirts through Cafe Press. I like the quality,
                > but they're a little pricey and their search sucks. I was wondering
                > if anyone else can recommend a good print-on-demand shirt maker or
                > maybe a small batch printer.
                >
                > I had about 10 podcasters at Balticon 40 last weekend and we really
                > had a ball. If the shirts had been a little cheaper I probably would
                > have given them each a shirt. $15 each was a bit beyond my budget.
                > But I'd like to think about it for next year.

                > Paul Fischer "Paul-san, New Media Ninja Warrior", BSFS
                > pfischer @ pfischer . com
                > The Website - http://www.pfischer.com
                > The Blog - http://www.livejournal.com/users/pafischer/
                > The Podcasts - http://addcast.net http://balticonpodcast.org

                > Communication and networking
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communica
                > tion+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=A8
                > JypvKmrStpN6fDh9U3Og> Computer security
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Communication+and+ne
                > tworking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=1rOpipQ2G5JuU
                > h4FQdtUjw> Computer training
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Communication+and+ne
                > tworking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=DoYkI4Rqe_5Hu
                > 64wdfCpSQ>
                >

                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                > on the web.
                > *
                > *
                > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • P. Dilly
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                  I do Tshirts for my day job, I own a sporting goods and uniform shop.

                  let me know what u need and I will give you a price.

                  On 6/1/06, John Federico <jaf@...> wrote:

                  > I¹ve used LowerTown Printing numerous times. Their minimum order is 6
                  > t-shirts, but I¹ve only ever ordered 200+ per order.
                  >
                  > http://www.lowertownprinting.com/
                  >
                  > Or 800-870-3959
                  >
                  > Ask for Erin Oberhauser.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > -jf.
                  >
                  > --
                  > John Federico
                  > Sr. Director, Podcasting
                  > Audible, Inc.
                  > jfederico@...
                  > AIM: jfgadgetboy
                  > Skype: jfgadgetboy
                  > Gizmo: jfgadgetboy
                  >

                  > On 5/31/06 4:47 PM, "Paul Fischer" <pfischer@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi All,
                  > >
                  > > I get my ADD Cast t-shirts through Cafe Press. I like the quality,
                  > > but they're a little pricey and their search sucks. I was wondering
                  > > if anyone else can recommend a good print-on-demand shirt maker or
                  > > maybe a small batch printer.
                  > >
                  > > I had about 10 podcasters at Balticon 40 last weekend and we really
                  > > had a ball. If the shirts had been a little cheaper I probably would
                  > > have given them each a shirt. $15 each was a bit beyond my budget.
                  > > But I'd like to think about it for next year.

                  > > Paul Fischer "Paul-san, New Media Ninja Warrior", BSFS
                  > > pfischer @ pfischer . com
                  > > The Website - http://www.pfischer.com
                  > > The Blog - http://www.livejournal.com/users/pafischer/
                  > > The Podcasts - http://addcast.net http://balticonpodcast.org

                  > > Communication and networking
                  > > <
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communica
                  > >
                  > tion+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=A8
                  > > JypvKmrStpN6fDh9U3Og> Computer security
                  > > <
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Communication+and+ne
                  > >
                  > tworking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=1rOpipQ2G5JuU
                  > > h4FQdtUjw> Computer training
                  > > <
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Communication+and+ne
                  > >
                  > tworking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=DoYkI4Rqe_5Hu
                  > > 64wdfCpSQ>
                  > >

                  > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  > >
                  > > * Visit your group "podcasters <
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> "
                  > > on the web.
                  > > *
                  > > *

                  Gary leland

                  www.podcastpickle.com

                • Wyldceltic1
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                    Cool! I'm going to post an invite for ideas from the diabetespet list
                    and see if there's any takers.

                    On Jun 1, 2006, at 8:00 AM, P. Dilly wrote:

                    I do Tshirts for my day job, I own a sporting goods and uniform shop.

                    let me know what u need and I will give you a price.

                  • David Jackson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                      I compared cafe press and spreadshirt a while back

                      http://www.musicianscooler.com/currentissue/blog/archives/2005/06/make_your_own_s.html

                      Dave Jackson
                      Musicians Cooler
                      www.musicianscooler.com

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                        Uh-oh!!

                        Battle of the T-Shirt printing podcasters!!

                        Your goin down Pickle-man!!
                        **kidding**

                        http://plannineprint.com

                      • Chris
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                          I might as well throw my hat in here too. I have a t-shirt printing
                          business as well (true screen printing) and already print shirts for
                          Rock and Roll Geek, the Daily Download, Audio Collective, the Reno
                          Lake Tahoe Report and more.

                          You can see them at http://shop.shirtsbymail.com

                          if you are interested, email info@... for more info.

                          Chris McIntyre

                          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, I Print Stickers <alrighta@...> wrote:

                          > Uh-oh!!
                          >
                          > Battle of the T-Shirt printing podcasters!!
                          >
                          > Your goin down Pickle-man!!
                          > **kidding**
                          >
                          > http://plannineprint.com
                          >

                          > > I do Tshirts for my day job, I own a sporting goods and uniform shop.
                          > >
                          > > let me know what u need and I will give you a price.
                          > >

                          > > On 6/1/06, John Federico <jaf@...> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I¹ve used LowerTown Printing numerous times. Their minimum order
                          > > is 6
                          > > > t-shirts, but I¹ve only ever ordered 200+ per order.
                          > > >
                          > > > http://www.lowertownprinting.com/
                          > > >
                          > > > Or 800-870-3959
                          > > >
                          > > > Ask for Erin Oberhauser.
                          > > >
                          > > > Regards,
                          > > >
                          > > > -jf.
                          > > >
                          > > > --
                          > > > John Federico
                          > > > Sr. Director, Podcasting
                          > > > Audible, Inc.
                          > > > jfederico@...
                          > > > AIM: jfgadgetboy
                          > > > Skype: jfgadgetboy
                          > > > Gizmo: jfgadgetboy

                          > > wondering

                          > > really
                          > > would

                          > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and
                          > > +networking&w1=Communica
                          > > > >
                          > > > tion+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer
                          > > +training&c=3&s=80&.sig=A8
                          > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer
                          > > +security&w1=Communication+and+ne
                          > > > >
                          > > > tworking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer
                          > > +training&c=3&s=80&.sig=1rOpipQ2G5JuU
                          > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer
                          > > +training&w1=Communication+and+ne
                          > > > >
                          > > > tworking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer
                          > > +training&c=3&s=80&.sig=DoYkI4Rqe_5Hu

                          > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> "
                          > > subject=Unsubscribe>
                          > > Service

                          > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                          > > >

                          > > --
                          > > Gary leland
                          > >
                          > > www.podcastpickle.com

                          > > Communication and networking Computer security Computer training
                          > >
                          > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                          > >
                          > > Visit your group "podcasters" on the web.

                        • Dan Kuykendall

                            Was wondering if you were going to mention your biz.
                            For anyone not paying attention, that is Chris McIntyre, the genius that
                            brought http://www.podcastalley.com to the world.

                            Since hes my good buddy, Im going to have to say that it would be nice
                            to be able to "keep it in the family" as it were, by supporting a
                            podcasting pioneer with your t-shirt printing needs.

                            - --
                            Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
                            http://www.mightyseek.com

                            In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
                            Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.