Java Earthquake Relief?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2006
      Heya, Podcasters.

      Many of us did a lot of good last year in the aftermath of Katrina...
      has anyone considered putting the mouths of podcasters behind
      generating relief for the victims of the earthquake in Indonesia?

      As you have no doubt heard by now, a 6.3 magnitude earthquake struck
      near Bantul, Java, Indonesia on Saturday, May 27th. So far, nearly
      five thousand are confirmed dead and twice that many injured, but
      sadly, those numbers continue to rise.

      I'm not doing a weekly podcast right now (my podcast novel is complete
      and in circulation at podiobooks.com) but I will be donating the
      profits of every print, e-book, and MP3 audio CD edition of my book
      "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era" ordered in the month of
      June to aid in the recovery effort.

      I`ll be donating to International Relief Teams, an organization rated
      four out of four stars by Charity Navigator. 98% of their funds go to
      active relief. They also have a distribution system that guarantees
      the funds donated are allocated to Java quake relief.

      If you'd like to help out in my efforts:

      To order the paperback edition of ``Brave Men Run``:
      http://www.lulu.com/content/170878

      To order the e-book edition of ``Brave Men Run``:
      http://www.bravemenrun.com/ebook.php

      To order the MP3 Audio CD edition of ``Brave Men Run``:
      http://www.lulu.com/content/229646

      Of course, soliciting your own audiences for donations may be more
      effective... or you can simply donate directly if you're not
      interested in a copy of "Brave Men Run":

      https://cyclone.he.net/%7Eirt/donate.htm

      Thanks for considering this.

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick

      "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era":
      http://www.bravemenrun.com

      Pre-order "Light of the Outsider:"
      http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com

      MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
      http://www.mwsmedia.com