Re: [podcasters] Podcasting and Playlists - for Jake

  • Julian Doncaster (Yahoo1)
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
      Jake

      Thanks for the comments. I mostly agree with you.

      >The streaming option would be for listeners who either:

      >a) Don't understand podcasting and don't want to
      >b) Want to listen to the show without downloading it
      >c) Want to hear you doing something more dynamic or live

      I'dd three more to that list:

      Listeners who:

      d) Want to dip into a lot of shows without having to subscribe to a lot of feeds or download a lot of MP3s.
      e) Don't have the bandwidth to download a lot of shows. I'd identify dialup listeners as in this category.
      f) Don't want to wait.

      Julian

    • Harold Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
        On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:21:48 -0800, Jake Ludington
        <jake@...> wrote:

        > I was among the first people with tutorials on how to get a
        > podcast using non-iPod players specifically because many people are under
        > the false impression that an iPod is required. Streaming is another
        > alternative way to get the information without needing to understand the
        > steps required to subscribe.

        Jake, what's the URL for that tutorial? I'd like to include a link to
        it on audioblogs.info.

        Harold Johnson
        http://audioblogs.info
      • Jake Ludington
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
          > Jake, what's the URL for that tutorial? I'd like to include a link to
          > it on audioblogs.info.

          http://www.jakeludington.com/how_to_help/20041008_podcasting_with_windows_me
          dia_player_podcasting_part_1.html

          Jake