Re: [podcasters] iTunes Auto-Moratorium

    Message 1 of 57 , May 1, 2006
      On 5/1/06, Andy Bilodeau <andycast@...> wrote:

      > Isn't this the phenomenon where iTunes figures you haven't been listening to
      > a subscribed podcast for some period of time and decides to no longer auto
      > update it?
      >
      > I hate that feature!

      Oh. That.

      I think that there ought to be something in the Preferences screen to
      control that behavior. But the intention strikes me as logical: if
      you never listen to a podcast, why waste people's bandwidth and
      produce deceptive download counts? There are probably lots of iTunes
      users who've tried podcasts once or twice, decided they didn't care
      for them, and forgot about them. They'd keep uselessly downloading
      your content forever if it weren't for this feature.

      Anyway, it doesn't hurt anything as far as I can see. You can always
      get the podcast again by either clicking on the icon or by (gasp!)
      listening to it.

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • André Cury
      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 21, 2006
        Ramble, I already had an email from you talking about your show, so I think
        this is working. If you still have a doubt, send it again.

        See you,
        André.