Re: [podcasters] help

    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2006
      On 5/1/06, Linda Donnelly <itsadebtorslife@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to do an audio podcast of guide I wrote to help people who are contacted by bill collectors. I understand I will need to install a software to get started. Can anyone tell me of the cheapest and decent software to use?

      I think your best place to start would be at your local bookstore --
      find a good book on podcasting and use it to plan a production and
      promotion strategy. Good books for beginners include:

      * Podcasting for Dummies
      * Podcast Solutions
      * Podcasting: The Do-It-Yourself Guide
      * The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Podcasting

      They vary widely in style and focus, but none of them will really
      steer you wrong. See what your bookstore has and flip through them to
      decide which one seems most readable to you. Then read it
      cover-to-cover, decide if producing your own podcast is something you
      want to do, and work out what you'll need to do it. You may decide
      that podcasting isn't worth it, or you may decide to hire someone else
      to produce it while you provide the content -- but first you should
      take the time to understand what's involved.

      Good luck!

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • George L Smyth
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2006
        --- Linda Donnelly <itsadebtorslife@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this.
        >
        > I am new. I have 2 questions to ask:
        >
        > I am trying to do an audio podcast of guide I wrote to help people who are
        > contacted by bill collectors. I understand I will need to install a software
        > to get started. Can anyone tell me of the cheapest and decent software to
        > use?
        >
        > I see a lot of people talking about shows. I would love to figure out a
        > way to do a show to help people who are in trouble with bill collectors.
        > Maybe just an interview. Anyone have any thought?

        My suggestion would be to download a copy of Audacity (free) and work with it.
        There are many alternatives, but the fact that it is free and that so many
        people use it and can be helpful makes it (IMO) the best starting point.

        Cheers -

        george

        Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
        One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131