Re: [podcasters] Re: PME II Conferences?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 29, 2006
      On 4/29/06, chris2x <chris2x@...> wrote:
      > Not only did I not hear the session content but I was less connected to announcements so
      > I missed many of the things I could attend. Also last year seeing the exhibit floor only took

      Heh! I attended the conferences last year, and still missed out on
      most of the "unofficial" events... but the last night was fantastic.

      > By the way MWS, I am enjoying the book

      Hey, thanks! Drop a comment on the forums at
      http://www.bravemenrun.com, if you'd like to share your opinion with
      the rest of the readers / listeners..!

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      ++++++++++++++++++

      "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era:
      http://www.bravemenrun.com

      MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
      http://www.mwsmedia.com
    • Nicole Simon
      Message 2 of 26 , May 1, 2006
        MissPeter <misspeter@...> wrote:
        >TRACK 1: Podcasting 101 - A to Z for Beginners - Getting Up To Speed
        >TRACK 2: Podcasting As A Business - Turning Content Into Profits
        >TRACK 3: Corporate Podcasting - Communications and PR Best Practices
        >TRACK 4: Podcasting As A Hobby - For Those Who Create Purely for
        >Enjoyment
        >TRACK 5: Portable Audio & Video - Moving Traditional Content Into a
        >Portable, On-Demand World

        I was thinking of sending in a proposal for speaking along the topic "your
        audience is bigger than just 52 states in Northern America" because oh so
        often it is forgotten that we (people not living in the US) are listeners
        too. Even better, possible customers, and we already do speak the language.

        I took a step back from that for two reasons - there are no really hard
        data on this topic (and I know many people just believe hard figures) and
        the audience seems still to be very US centric - and therefore mostly
        uninterested in at least learning about the outside.

        It starts with "no, you don't want to use the link you get from itunes
        which will make you counted for the Top100, because that only allows the
        people with an account in the US store to listen to your podcast" and goes
        to so many other little things. Perhaps the mindset is there in 2008?

        Yes, this will be a big happening; but as far as information and exchange
        goes I expect Podcastcon UK in November to be much more usable from an
        European perspective. :(

        Podcastday 2006 (see signature) will be different because it is held in
        German - also limited to a special kind of people (those who do understand
        German) but for the reason of expanding the knowledge in Germany.

        Interestingly the topic for "opening up" will have to be addressed in here
        as well - Germans need to learn more English to exchange thoughts in
        Europe. :)

        ciao
        Nicole

        --
        Come to the German Podcast event of the year!
        Podcastday 2006 - Cologne 24th May