ten podcasts for national (womens') magazine, quick!

  • Lisa Williams
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
      Hi, all,

      I'm going to NYC on Thursday to talk to the editors of a nationally
      known (US) womens' magazine about blogging. Last minute email says,
      "Show us some podcasts, too!" I love podcasts, but I think R.U. Sirius
      and the Engadget Podcast, while I love them, are not gonna float their
      boat.

      Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
      them -- give me some suggestions!

      Lisa

      --
      Lisa Williams
      lisa@...

      Places I blog:
      Lisa Williams' Blog:
      http://www.cadence90.com/wp/

      H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
      http://h2otown.info

      OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
      http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/
    • isaac@dailysonic.com
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
        Lisa,

        Over at Dailysonic.com, about half (three) of our regular contributors
        are women, and they are all brilliant when it comes to writing and
        producing engaging content. If you're interested in getting touch with
        any of them, shoot me an email and I can send you their contact info.

        -Isaac
        Dailysonic.com

        On 4/25/06, Lisa Williams <lisa@...> wrote:
        > Hi, all,
        >
        > I'm going to NYC on Thursday to talk to the editors of a nationally
        > known (US) womens' magazine about blogging. Last minute email says,
        > "Show us some podcasts, too!" I love podcasts, but I think R.U. Sirius
        > and the Engadget Podcast, while I love them, are not gonna float their
        > boat.
        >
        > Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
        > them -- give me some suggestions!
        >
        > Lisa
        >
        > --
        > Lisa Williams
        > lisa@...
        > Google Talk: lisatmh
        >
        > Places I blog:
        > Lisa Williams' Blog:
        > http://www.cadence90.com/wp/
        >
        > H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
        > http://h2otown.info
        >
        > OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
        > http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paula Berinstein
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
          Lisa Williams wrote:

          > Hi, all,
          >
          > I'm going to NYC on Thursday to talk to the editors of a nationally
          > known (US) womens' magazine about blogging. Last minute email says,
          > "Show us some podcasts, too!" I love podcasts, but I think R.U. Sirius
          > and the Engadget Podcast, while I love them, are not gonna float their
          > boat.
          >
          > Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
          > them -- give me some suggestions!
          >
          > Lisa
          >
          > --
          > Lisa Williams
          > lisa@...
          > Google Talk: lisatmh
          >
          > Places I blog:
          > Lisa Williams' Blog:
          > http://www.cadence90.com/wp/
          >
          > H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
          > http://h2otown.info
          >
          > OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
          > http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/

          Might I humbly suggest The Writing Show, which provides information and
          inspiration for writers in an interview format?

          Paula Berinstein
          Producer and host
          The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
          http://www.writingshow.com
        • MissPeter
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
            http://womengrow.org/main/

            On 4/25/06, Lisa Williams <lisa@...> wrote:
            > Hi, all,
            >
            > I'm going to NYC on Thursday to talk to the editors of a nationally
            > known (US) womens' magazine about blogging. Last minute email says,
            > "Show us some podcasts, too!" I love podcasts, but I think R.U. Sirius
            > and the Engadget Podcast, while I love them, are not gonna float their
            > boat.
            >
            > Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
            > them -- give me some suggestions!
            >
            > Lisa
            >
            > --
            > Lisa Williams
            > lisa@...
            > Google Talk: lisatmh
            >
            > Places I blog:
            > Lisa Williams' Blog:
            > http://www.cadence90.com/wp/
            >
            > H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
            > http://h2otown.info
            >
            > OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
            > http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/

            http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people
          • dave_r_riley
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Paula Berinstein <pberinstein@...>
              wrote:

              > Might I humbly suggest The Writing Show, which provides information and
              > inspiration for writers in an interview format?

              You betcha can, Paula. Your show rocks! You are one on the great
              interviewers in the pod extra terrestrial thingy.

              So stop this humility, you hear!

              dave riley
            • dave_r_riley
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                Yeah...and another great show, the very tops in its field is Marina's
                Exercise Podcast which won the Peoples Choice Award last year.

                Marina has an amazing voice not only because of its vocal range, but
                imbedded in her patter is a sharp feminist message which pulls no
                punches when it comes to reminding her listeners what a lot of what
                you do is all about.

                http://www.marinaspodcast.com/

                And of course there's Mur Lafferty...You can't not include Mur

                http://www.geekfuactiongrip.com/

                dave riley
              • Matt Kane's Brain
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                  On Apr 25, 2006, at 21:13, dave_r_riley wrote:
                  > Yeah...and another great show, the very tops in its field is Marina's
                  > Exercise Podcast which won the Peoples Choice Award last year.

                  she invented podcasting?

                  --
                  matt kane's brain
                  http://hydrogenproject.com
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                    On 4/25/06, Matt Kane's Brain <mkb@...> wrote:
                    > she invented podcasting?

                    Dave and Curry are gonna be super-pissed when this gets out... It may
                    even get them back together!

                    --
                    Matthew Wayne Selznick
                    ++++++++++++++++++

                    "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era:
                    http://www.bravemenrun.com

                    MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
                    http://www.mwsmedia.com
                  • Judefan
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                      Mental Health Missives with Dr. Fran on the Podcaster News Network (
                      podcasternews.com) - Also, Heather Vale's Sucess Minute (as well as her long
                      format show).

                      And ManicMommies

                      Just a few off the top of my head.

                      --
                      P.D. Love
                      The LoveHouse Radio Podcast - http://lovehouseradio.com

                      Entertainment As I See It - on Podcaster News
                      Have you heard the news? - www.podcasternews.com

                    • Wyldceltic1
                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                        Possibly my pet diabetes podcast? I'm female and a 'Mommy" to 5
                        doggedies <G> and it is published in iTunes under Audio Blogs.

                        Jenny
                        <http://web.mac.com/wyldceltic1/>

                        On Apr 25, 2006, at 5:05 PM, Lisa Williams wrote:

                        Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
                        them -- give me some suggestions!

                        Lisa

                      • Matthew Holden
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                          Hi Lisa,

                          For a slightly different angle, you could also refer to PodAsia.

                          PodAsia is an international travel podcast for the business and leisure
                          traveller of whom a number are women. Hints, tips and information to help
                          business travellers get in and out of countries quickly and efficiently.

                          Hope this helps you - good luck with your interview.

                          Regards

                          Matthew Holden

                          For further information - www.podasia.net

                          _____

[...]

                          Communication
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi
                          cation+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.si
                          g=A8JypvKmrStpN6fDh9U3Og> and networking Computer
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Communication+and+
                          networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=1rOpipQ2G
                          5JuUh4FQdtUjw> security Computer
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Communication+and+
                          networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=DoYkI4Rqe
                          _5Hu64wdfCpSQ> training

                          _____

                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                          * Visit your group "podcasters
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

                          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                          _____

                        • Michael Butler
                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                            Emo Girl Talk is hosted by a 15 year old girl. She was the first teen
                            podcaster with a major sponsor.

                            http://www.emogirltalk.com

                            --
                            The Rock and Roll Geek Show

                            This is the real school of Rock!
                            Interviews, Music and Talk From a
                            Rock and Roll Geek

                            http://www.rockandrollgeek.com
                          • Rob Usdin
                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                              Hey! Don't forget Lynette Young's Scrapcast - all about Scrapbooking
                              - Top 20 in Family section in iTunes!

                              http://www.scrapcast.com

                              Sounds like something the ladies would really be interested in!

                              --*Rob

                              > On 4/25/06, Lisa Williams <lisa@...> wrote:
                              > > Hi, all,
                              > >
                              > > I'm going to NYC on Thursday to talk to the editors of a nationally
                              > > known (US) womens' magazine about blogging. Last minute email says,
                              > > "Show us some podcasts, too!" I love podcasts, but I think R.U.
                              Sirius
                              > > and the Engadget Podcast, while I love them, are not gonna float
                              their
                              > > boat.
                              > >
                              > > Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people
                              who love
                              > > them -- give me some suggestions!
                              > >
                              > > Lisa
                              > >
                              > > --
                              > > Lisa Williams
                              > > lisa@...
                              > > Google Talk: lisatmh
                              > >
                              > > Places I blog:
                              > > Lisa Williams' Blog:
                              > > http://www.cadence90.com/wp/
                              > >
                              > > H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
                              > > http://h2otown.info
                              > >
                              > > OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
                              > > http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/

                              > > Communication and networking Computer security Computer training

                              > > ________________________________
                              > >

                              > --
                              > The Rock and Roll Geek Show
                              >
                              > This is the real school of Rock!
                              > Interviews, Music and Talk From a
                              > Rock and Roll Geek
                              >
                              > http://www.rockandrollgeek.com

                            • The Rev. Brenda Monroe
                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                                I've got a very specialized audience, but I've had a number of listeners say
                                that I have a soothing voice.
                                Episcopal Morning Prayer: http://morningprayer.libsyn.com

                                --
                                The Rev. Brenda Monroe
                                http://revbrenda.com

                                "When you stop seeing beauty you start growing old."
                                U2 "Summer Rain"

                                Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
                                (The designated hitter rule has got to go.)

                              • Lisa Williams
                                Message 15 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                                  Wonderful (and super fast!) suggestions from everyone. Thank you so much.
                                  After a brief email conversation with them they've asked me to set up a
                                  subscription list for a few of their editors. Please feel free to
                                  suggest more or tell me about your own show, and I'll get in as many as
                                  I can!

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                                    Love Dr. Fran! Thanks for reminding me. So many good suggestions from
                                    everyone!

                                  • chris2x
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                                      In the line of podcasts good for the whole family (yeah I know you think I am going to
                                      suggest my own) I would recommend the Radio Adventures of Dr Floyd.

                                      Chris Christensen
                                      Amateur Traveler podcast
                                      http://AmateurTraveler.com

                                      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Williams <lisa@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi, all,
                                      >
                                      > I'm going to NYC on Thursday to talk to the editors of a nationally
                                      > known (US) womens' magazine about blogging. Last minute email says,
                                      > "Show us some podcasts, too!" I love podcasts, but I think R.U. Sirius
                                      > and the Engadget Podcast, while I love them, are not gonna float their
                                      > boat.
                                    • Evo Terra
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 25, 2006
                                        Lisa Williams wrote:
                                        > Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
                                        > them -- give me some suggestions!

                                        * Mur Lafferty's Geek Fu Action Grip - http://geekfuactinogrip.com

                                        * Mur Lafferty's I Should be Writing - http://shouldwrite.blogspot.com

                                        * Sheila and Lorrie's Dragon Page With Class - http://dragonpage.com/class

                                        * Summer Brook's leads the discussion at Kick Ass Mystic Ninjas -
                                        http://kickassmysticninjas.com

                                        E.

                                        --
                                        Evo Terra | DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com
                                      • C.C. Chapman
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Apr 26, 2006
                                          www.mommycast.com
                                          www.manicmommies.com
                                          www.patriotworld.com

                                          Those are the ones that come to mind.

                                          C.C. Chapman

                                          http://www.accidenthash.com <http://www.accidenthash.com/>

                                          http://www.uturncafe.com <http://www.uturncafe.com/>

                                          _____

                                          > Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
                                          > them -- give me some suggestions!

                                          * Mur Lafferty's Geek Fu Action Grip - http://geekfuactinogrip.com

                                          * Mur Lafferty's I Should be Writing - http://shouldwrite.blogspot.com

                                          * Sheila and Lorrie's Dragon Page With Class - http://dragonpage.com/class

                                          * Summer Brook's leads the discussion at Kick Ass Mystic Ninjas -
                                          http://kickassmysticninjas.com

                                          E.

                                          --
                                          Evo Terra | DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com

                                          _____

                                          * Visit your group "podcasters
                                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

                                          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                                          _____

                                        • I Print Stickers
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Apr 26, 2006
                                            Heidi Miller from Diary of a Shameless Self Promoter
                                            heidimillerpresents.com

                                            Jasper
                                            http://plannineprint.com

                                            > www.mommycast.com
                                            > www.manicmommies.com
                                            > www.patriotworld.com
                                            >
                                            > Those are the ones that come to mind.
                                            >

                                            > C.C. Chapman
                                            >
                                            > http://www.accidenthash.com <http://www.accidenthash.com/>
                                            >
                                            > http://www.uturncafe.com <http://www.uturncafe.com/>
                                            >

                                            > _____

                                          • trailerboy2k
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Apr 26, 2006
                                              Bible Stories My Kids Love by Elizabeth Linder
                                              www.biblestoriesmykidslove.com
                                            • podfeednet
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Apr 26, 2006
                                                Check out all of our parenting podcasts:
                                                http://www.podfeed.net/tags/parenting

                                                --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Williams <lisa@...> wrote:

                                                > Wonderful (and super fast!) suggestions from everyone. Thank you so
                                                much.
                                                > After a brief email conversation with them they've asked me to set up a
                                                > subscription list for a few of their editors. Please feel free to
                                                > suggest more or tell me about your own show, and I'll get in as many as
                                                > I can!
                                                >
                                                > The Rev. Brenda Monroe wrote:
                                                > > I've got a very specialized audience, but I've had a number of
                                                listeners say
                                                > > that I have a soothing voice.
                                                > > Episcopal Morning Prayer: http://morningprayer.libsyn.com
                                                > >

                                                > > On 4/25/06, Rob Usdin <rob@...> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > >> Hey! Don't forget Lynette Young's Scrapcast - all about Scrapbooking
                                                > >> - Top 20 in Family section in iTunes!
                                                > >>
                                                > >> http://www.scrapcast.com
                                                > >>
                                                > >> Sounds like something the ladies would really be interested in!
                                                > >>
                                                > >> --*Rob

                                                > >> Sirius

                                                > >> their

                                                > >> who love

                                                Community

                                                Service.

                                                > >> Communication and
                                                networking<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=A8JypvKmrStpN6fDh9U3Og>
                                                Computer

                                                Computer

                                                > >> - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                                                > >> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
                                                > >>

                                                > >> ------------------------------
                                                > >>

                                                > > --
                                                > > The Rev. Brenda Monroe
                                                > > http://revbrenda.com
                                                > > http://morningprayer.libsyn.com [Morning Prayer Podcast]
                                                > >

                                                > > "When you stop seeing beauty you start growing old."
                                                > > U2 "Summer Rain"
                                                > >
                                                > > Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
                                                > > (The designated hitter rule has got to go.)

                                                > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                                > >

                                                > --
                                                > Lisa Williams
                                                > lisa@...
                                                > Google Talk: lisatmh
                                                >
                                                > Places I blog:
                                                > Lisa Williams' Blog:
                                                > http://www.cadence90.com/wp/
                                                >
                                                > H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
                                                > http://h2otown.info
                                                >
                                                > OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
                                                > http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/

                                              • Throwing Toasters
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Apr 26, 2006
                                                  On Apr 26, 2006, at 4:38 PM, podcasters@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                                  > In the line of podcasts good for the whole family (yeah I know you
                                                  > think I am going to
                                                  > suggest my own) I would recommend the Radio Adventures of Dr Floyd.

                                                  Muchas Gracias! ;-)

                                                  I would also suggest Lights Out Radio (soon to be back from Hiatus)

                                                  http://madpoet.typepad.com/lor/

                                                  Dr. Grant

                                                • ahwfour_1027
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Apr 27, 2006
                                                    Lisa -- If you get this in time, may I suggest SMtv:
                                                    http://smtv.libsyn.com/, starring the very talented Samantha Murphy in
                                                    interviews with indie musicians. She is a regular at the Podcast
                                                    Hotel. We think she's terrific. :-).

                                                    --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Williams <lisa@...> wrote:

                                                    > Hi, all,
                                                    >
                                                    > I'm going to NYC on Thursday to talk to the editors of a nationally
                                                    > known (US) womens' magazine about blogging. Last minute email says,
                                                    > "Show us some podcasts, too!" I love podcasts, but I think R.U. Sirius
                                                    > and the Engadget Podcast, while I love them, are not gonna float their
                                                    > boat.
                                                    >
                                                    > Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
                                                    > them -- give me some suggestions!
                                                    >
                                                    > Lisa
                                                    >
                                                    > --
                                                    > Lisa Williams
                                                    > lisa@...
                                                    > Google Talk: lisatmh
                                                    >
                                                    > Places I blog:
                                                    > Lisa Williams' Blog:
                                                    > http://www.cadence90.com/wp/
                                                    >
                                                    > H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
                                                    > http://h2otown.info
                                                    >
                                                    > OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
                                                    > http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/

                                                  • Linda Donnelly
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Apr 27, 2006
                                                      Lisa,

                                                      I would like to have a show via podcast to help people who have problems with debt collectors. Any ideas?

                                                      ahwfour_1027 <alex@...> wrote:
                                                      Lisa -- If you get this in time, may I suggest SMtv:
                                                      http://smtv.libsyn.com/, starring the very talented Samantha Murphy in
                                                      interviews with indie musicians. She is a regular at the Podcast
                                                      Hotel. We think she's terrific. :-).

                                                      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Williams <lisa@...> wrote:

                                                      > Hi, all,
                                                      >
                                                      > I'm going to NYC on Thursday to talk to the editors of a nationally
                                                      > known (US) womens' magazine about blogging. Last minute email says,
                                                      > "Show us some podcasts, too!" I love podcasts, but I think R.U. Sirius
                                                      > and the Engadget Podcast, while I love them, are not gonna float their
                                                      > boat.
                                                      >
                                                      > Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
                                                      > them -- give me some suggestions!
                                                      >
                                                      > Lisa
                                                      >
                                                      > --
                                                      > Lisa Williams
                                                      > lisa@...
                                                      > Google Talk: lisatmh
                                                      >
                                                      > Places I blog:
                                                      > Lisa Williams' Blog:
                                                      > http://www.cadence90.com/wp/
                                                      >
                                                      > H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
                                                      > http://h2otown.info
                                                      >
                                                      > OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
                                                      > http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/

                                                      ---------------------------------

                                                    • Linda Donnelly
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Apr 27, 2006
                                                        We would like to give it a try with a podcast helping US consumers with problems they face with debt collectors
                                                        www.itsadebtorslife.com

                                                      • Nicole Simon
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , May 1, 2006
                                                          Lisa Williams <lisa@...> wrote:
                                                          >Calling all women podcasters, mommy podcasters, and the people who love
                                                          >them -- give me some suggestions!

                                                          Well Amy Gahran has her great list of women podcasters, of course a way to
                                                          start!

                                                          http://contentious.com/archives/2004/12/22/women-in-podcasting-the-list

                                                          As for new media, I may suggest our new media-slaves podcast, done by Zadi
                                                          Diaz, Marianne Richmond, Debi Jones and myself.

                                                          Media Slaves - Life in permanent Beta.
                                                          http://media-slaves.blogspot.com/

                                                          :o)
                                                          Nicole

                                                          --
                                                          Come to the German Podcast event of the year!
                                                          Podcastday 2006 - Cologne 24th May