The New Pickle Player Is Free And Improved

  • softballjunk
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
      Thats right, your friends at PodcastPickle.com have made a new Podcast
      Player. It is called the Pickle Player. We have 2 versions now. One
      version is a single episode player. The second is for your entire RSS
      feed. The best thing about the Pickle Player is that it is free for
      everyone to use. To check out the free Pickle Player go to
      http://www.podcastpickle.com/app/player/free.php

      We hope you enjoy it.
    • C.C. Chapman
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
        Pretty slick. Nice job and as always thanks for sharing with the community.

        Good stuff.

        C.C. Chapman

        http://www.accidenthash.com <http://www.accidenthash.com/>

        http://www.uturncafe.com <http://www.uturncafe.com/>

        _____

        Thats right, your friends at PodcastPickle.com have made a new Podcast
        Player. It is called the Pickle Player. We have 2 versions now. One
        version is a single episode player. The second is for your entire RSS
        feed. The best thing about the Pickle Player is that it is free for
        everyone to use. To check out the free Pickle Player go to
        http://www.podcastpickle.com/app/player/free.php

        We hope you enjoy it.

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "podcasters
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • Jason Thomas
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
          Dilly always got something new. I'm going to go check it out right now. Cooooool!

          "C.C. Chapman" <cc@...> wrote: Pretty slick. Nice job and as always thanks for sharing with the community.

[...]

          ---------------------------------

          Jason <----- the one without the cool sounding name

          The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason
          YOUR INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT SOURCE FOR NEW TALENT

          www.thehalfshow.libsyn.com
          www.thehalfshow.com

        • Evo Terra
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
            softballjunk wrote:
            > Thats right, your friends at PodcastPickle.com have made a new Podcast
            > Player. It is called the Pickle Player. We have 2 versions now. One
            > version is a single episode player. The second is for your entire RSS
            > feed. The best thing about the Pickle Player is that it is free for
            > everyone to use. To check out the free Pickle Player go to
            > http://www.podcastpickle.com/app/player/free.php

            Hrm. This requires me to put in a link to an actual media file, rather
            than my RSS feed, correct? I wonder how I could do this so that the most
            recent file is the one loaded? I don't have the media file as distinct
            element in my entries, using either MT or WP to handle the "enclosing"
            when I simply add the link in my show notes.

            I'm using the Pupu player right now, and it accepts an XML file to link
            to media. Those are easy to kick out, but links to individual media
            files... tougher.

            Note to all other folks looking at developing these "flash" players:
            make them fit in standard "sidebar" sizes. 120 is still very common (I
            use it), though the 160 pixels is becoming more the norm. The PuPu
            player is 100 px, btw. I have a funny feeling I'm giving Podtrac lots of
            info when folks click on it. Well, it must not be bothering me too much...

            E.

            --
            Evo Terra | DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com
          • P. Dilly
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
              there are 2 players. 1 is for single episodes. example if you had a site
              with 1 cast.

              Then there is the second style that you load your feed into. That one shows
              all feeds in the proper order

              On 4/25/06, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:

              > softballjunk wrote:
              > > Thats right, your friends at PodcastPickle.com have made a new Podcast
              > > Player. It is called the Pickle Player. We have 2 versions now. One
              > > version is a single episode player. The second is for your entire RSS
              > > feed. The best thing about the Pickle Player is that it is free for
              > > everyone to use. To check out the free Pickle Player go to
              > > http://www.podcastpickle.com/app/player/free.php
              >
              > Hrm. This requires me to put in a link to an actual media file, rather
              > than my RSS feed, correct? I wonder how I could do this so that the most
              > recent file is the one loaded? I don't have the media file as distinct
              > element in my entries, using either MT or WP to handle the "enclosing"
              > when I simply add the link in my show notes.
              >
              > I'm using the Pupu player right now, and it accepts an XML file to link
              > to media. Those are easy to kick out, but links to individual media
              > files... tougher.
              >
              > Note to all other folks looking at developing these "flash" players:
              > make them fit in standard "sidebar" sizes. 120 is still very common (I
              > use it), though the 160 pixels is becoming more the norm. The PuPu
              > player is 100 px, btw. I have a funny feeling I'm giving Podtrac lots of
              > info when folks click on it. Well, it must not be bothering me too much...
              >
              > E.
              >
              > --
              > Evo Terra | DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com

              Gary leland

              Vote for PodcastPickle.com in the Webby Awards.

              Go to

              http://www.podcastpickle.com/includes/pages/misc/webby.php for more info

            • P. Dilly
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
                Evo, most of the flash players are pop ups, using a play now button. At
                least PuPu Platter and the Pickle Player are. You can make the button any
                size you want. Just resize it to fit

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
                  Evo, I now understand what you are saying, and you are correct. We will make
                  different sizes available.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
                    P. Dilly wrote:
                    > there are 2 players. 1 is for single episodes. example if you had a site
                    > with 1 cast.
                    >
                    > Then there is the second style that you load your feed into. That one shows
                    > all feeds in the proper order

                    And now, looking again, I see that. Sorry. Think it's time for me to
                    step away from the laptop...

                    E.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006
                      I understand, I probably need to do the same thing