Podcast Promos

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
      All:

      I wanted to pass on to everyone that we have been getting some good feedback
      from the shows that have been listing their promos at podcastpromos.com, if
      you have not submitted your promo yet feel free to check it out. Since the
      re-launch we have averaging about 25% increase in traffic a week which were
      pretty happy about. In the next couple of days we are going to roll out one
      more RSS feed not that site doesn't have enough already but you will be able
      to get every promo that is submitted. The number of basic user accounts are
      exceeding podcaster account about 20 to 1 so it should result in some good
      exposure. www.podcastpromos.com

      Todd

      RawVoice.com

      Blubrry.com is coming

    • Tim S.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
        For me it seems like the promo black hole.

        I posted a couple of promos there when it first opened and have no idea if
        they are being played on your website for one, or more importantly in
        another Podcast.

        Is there anything in the works for some feedback or stats?

        -Tim

        www.theVAP.com <http://www.thevap.com/>

        I wanted to pass on to everyone that we have been getting some good feedback
        from the shows that have been listing their promos at podcastpromos.com, if
        you have not submitted your promo yet feel free to check it out. Since the
        re-launch we have averaging about 25% increase in traffic a week which were
        pretty happy about. In the next couple of days we are going to roll out one
        more RSS feed not that site doesn't have enough already but you will be able
        to get every promo that is submitted. The number of basic user accounts are
        exceeding podcaster account about 20 to 1 so it should result in some good
        exposure. www.podcastpromos.com

        Todd

        RawVoice.com

        Blubrry.com is coming

        _____

      • Todd Cochrane
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
          Tim

          Being the promo (mp3 file) is being hosted on your own server you should be
          able to determine number of play thru your own stats system, in the second
          version of the site we will have a full blown feedback and comment system.
          So if listeners or podcasters play your promo they can provide feedback.

          Typically podcasters will let other podcasters know when they have played
          the promo in lieu of getting some promo play love back.

          The additional site features will be added as we have time, we have several
          commercial customers and a new product roll blubrry.com that is the current
          priority.

          Being it is a Podcast community service site we have asked if anyone is a
          perl/php programmer and if they want to help us on some modules we would be
          happy for the help.

          We do know the stats of MyCast and RSS queries so maybe we can make some of
          that info public. But I think in the long run watching your stats on your
          own logs for the promo downloads will give you and indication.

          Todd..

          > For me it seems like the promo black hole.
          >

          > I posted a couple of promos there when it first opened and have no idea if
          > they are being played on your website for one, or more importantly in
          > another Podcast.
          >

          > Is there anything in the works for some feedback or stats?
          >

          > -Tim
          >
          > www.theVAP.com <http://www.thevap.com/>

        • Paul Parkinson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 20, 2008
            Hi there.

            I've been lurking here for a while so let me introduce myself. I am Paul
            Parkinson, host of the This Week In London Podcast (
            www.thisweekinlondon.co.uk) and Editor of Podcast User Magazine (
            www.podcastusermagazine.com).

            I saw the thread on Podcast Promos and thought you would be interested in a
            couple of sites I use for my podcast promos. They are:

            http://www.podcastpromos.com/
            Podcast Promo's

            http://www.podcastpickle.com/forums/index.php?showforum=33
            The forum page at Podcast Pickle for promo publication

            You should also take a look at Creative Commons for licensing of your
            productions. Here is a nice link which covers Podcasting at CC.
            http://creativecommons.org/podcasting

            Have a great day everyone

            Paul Parkinson