Re: [podcasters] Re: Insulation Advice

  • Michael R. Mennenga
    Message 1 of 65 , Mar 31, 2006
      On 3/31/06 1:33 PM, "Dave Shepherd" <shepdave@...> wrote:

      > All those suggestions were cool, but they're expensive and complicated.
      >
      > I take three indoor laundry-drying racks (available at your favorite
      > hardware store) and drape blankets over them-- if I were drying the
      > blankets. (If you always podcast after washing laundry, you're set.)
      >
      > Then you can hang your socks on them, put them away, never have to worry
      > about altering your room.
      So Dave,
      How do I subscribe to your laundry cast?
      Got any good suggestions for getting out mustard stains?

      > I think of it as the portable solution to recording inside your closet. All
      > of The Word Nerds' shows have been recorded while sitting inside one of
      > these little arrangements.

      Are they doing a coming out of the closet cast?
      Oh wait, we're already doing the Brokeback- Dragon Page

      Michael R. Mennenga

      Director of Technical Operations/Host

      The Dragon Page & Slice of Scifi
      ~Sci-fi Talk For A New Generation!~

      www.DragonPage.com
      www.sliceofscifi.com
      www.farpointmedia.net
    • Dan Kuykendall
      Message 65 of 65 , Mar 31, 2006
        My little sound box tends to work great.

        http://www.mightyseek.com/podcast_setup/

        Theres a sound test file on there you can play and hear the difference
        it makes

        onebadgungan wrote:
        > At least you have a desk! I have my mixer and preamp, laptop, and
        > mic all on different TV trays in the living room, surrounding the
        > end of the couch. I call it the Command Couch.
        >
        > Corby Kennard
        >
        > The Horror Show
        > http://thehorrorshow.libsyn.com/
        >

        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa Anelli" <melanelli@...>
        > wrote:
        >> My room is more a hallway; I have a studio apartment with no
        > doors - so
        >> there's a kitchen and bedroom across from a hallway, and at the
        > front of the
        >> hallway is an alcove with my desk - which is where I record. It
        > shouldn't be
        >> hard to block off the alcove, so long as I can remove stuff when
        > I'm not
        >> recording; it's 6' x 4' deep.
        >>
        >> :)

        >>> Michael is dead on with this suggestion. Auralex has
        >>> different packages for different sized rooms.
        >>>
        >>> Melissa, email me the size of your room and the
        >>> surrounding items in it(sofa, lamp, window, bookshelf,
        >>> etc).
        >>>
        >>> It is not that expensive to dampen a room, you don't
        >>> have to cover the whole thing, and you don't even have
        >>> to put the foam on the wall.
        >>>
        >>> And don't buy it online. You will have to pay
        >>> shipping. I can get a special deal from Guitar Center,
        >>> and can arrange for a pickup from a local store if
        >>> anyone is interested. Again, I make no money off of
        >>> stuff from Guitar Center, so this is out of the
        >>> kindness of my dark evil soul;)
        >>>

        >>> Paul Puri
        >>>
        >>> The Podcast Guild Planning Commitee.
        >>> http://podcastguild.com/
        >>>
        >>> Podsafe Gear...Gear for Podcasters
        >>> http://podsafegear.com
        >>>
        >>> Unsigned Podcast Network
        >>> The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
        >>> The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
        >>> Skype:unsignedpodcast
        >>> unsignedpodcast@...
        >>>

        >>> The Official Podcasters Wiki: http://podcasterswiki.com
        >>>
        >>> Promotion without shame.
        >>> Podcasting Announcements
        >>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcastingannouncements/
        >>>

        >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

        Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
        http://www.mightyseek.com

        In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
        Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.