Hear Rana Mansour on WOTA Radio!

  • wotaradio
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 19, 2006
      Don't forget to tune into WOTA Radio this Sunday to hear the WOTA
      Radio myspace.com Artist of the Week Rana Mansour

      http://www.myspace.com/ranamansour

      Listen to WOTA Radio Live every Sunday afternoon at 3:00 pm EST
      (That's 12:00 PST, 2:00 CST) @ http://www.fcac.org/webr/ -
      http://Live365.wotaradio.com - if you missed a show, subscribe to our
      PodCast on iTunes. It's free!

      Thanks,

      WOTA Radio
      Will, Dennis and The Notorious V.I.G. ;)
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 19, 2006
        In Rana Mansour a podcasting expert who we shouldn't miss?

        On 3/19/06 8:49 AM, "wotaradio" <Wota@...> wrote:

        > Don't forget to tune into WOTA Radio this Sunday to hear the WOTA
        > Radio myspace.com Artist of the Week Rana Mansour
        >
        > http://www.myspace.com/ranamansour
        >
        > Listen to WOTA Radio Live every Sunday afternoon at 3:00 pm EST
        > (That's 12:00 PST, 2:00 CST) @ http://www.fcac.org/webr/ -
        > http://Live365.wotaradio.com - if you missed a show, subscribe to our
        > PodCast on iTunes. It's free!
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > WOTA Radio
        > Will, Dennis and The Notorious V.I.G. ;)
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"

        / / \ \ \ \
        / / / \ \ \ \ \
        / / \/ O O \ \
        / / / \/ O\ \ \/
        / / \/ \
        \/ \/ \
        \/ \
        __o \/ \
        `\<,_ \/ \
        (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
          I just searched on the Libsyn forum to try to find a simple tutorial for how
          to use your own damain and web page in conjunction with libsyn.

          Right now I have http://mysite.libsyn.com as the location for my libsyn
          feed. I would like http://www.mysite.com to be the location for my libsyn
          feed.

          I'm not only asking that here because I know one of you guys will have
          simple instructions for this but also because the libsyn forum is fairly
          disorganized (although presently it's a good place to look for links to porn
          -- there's lots of posts there about nice porn).

          Bill

          http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"

          / / \ \ \ \
          / / / \ \ \ \ \
          / / \/ O O \ \
          / / / \/ O\ \ \/
          / / \/ \
          \/ \/ \
          \/ \
          __o \/ \
          `\<,_ \/ \
          (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com
        • Joel Haasnoot
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
            Whoever you registered your domain name with should give you an option to do
            this. THere's two ways.
            1. http redirect
            2. nameserver moving
            I do believe though that libsyn officially charges $5 extra if you want to
            use their nameservers. The second option every domain name registrar should
            have. The first option sometimes isn't availible. For instance, I had to pay
            $5/year more for http redirects.

            Joel

            On 4/1/06, Bill <bill@...> wrote:

            > I just searched on the Libsyn forum to try to find a simple tutorial for
            > how
            > to use your own damain and web page in conjunction with libsyn.
            >
            > Right now I have http://mysite.libsyn.com as the location for my libsyn
            > feed. I would like http://www.mysite.com to be the location for my libsyn
            > feed.
            >
            > I'm not only asking that here because I know one of you guys will have
            > simple instructions for this but also because the libsyn forum is fairly
            > disorganized (although presently it's a good place to look for links to
            > porn
            > -- there's lots of posts there about nice porn).
            >
            > Bill
            >

            > http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"
            >
            > / / \ \ \ \
            > / / / \ \ \ \ \
            > / / \/ O O \ \
            > / / / \/ O\ \ \/
            > / / \/ \
            > \/ \/ \
            > \/ \
            > __o \/ \
            > `\<,_ \/ \
            > (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com

          • MissPeter
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
              from the top tabs - Settings --> Advanced --> public rss feed: Use
              *blank* as rss URL instead of default

              peter

              On 4/1/06, Bill <bill@...> wrote:
              > I just searched on the Libsyn forum to try to find a simple tutorial for how
              > to use your own damain and web page in conjunction with libsyn.
              >
              > Right now I have http://mysite.libsyn.com as the location for my libsyn
              > feed. I would like http://www.mysite.com to be the location for my libsyn
              > feed.
              >
              > I'm not only asking that here because I know one of you guys will have
              > simple instructions for this but also because the libsyn forum is fairly
              > disorganized (although presently it's a good place to look for links to porn
              > -- there's lots of posts there about nice porn).
              >
              > Bill
              >

              > http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"
              >
              > / / \ \ \ \
              > / / / \ \ \ \ \
              > / / \/ O O \ \
              > / / / \/ O\ \ \/
              > / / \/ \
              > \/ \/ \
              > \/ \
              > __o \/ \
              > `\<,_ \/ \
              > (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com

              http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people
            • Bill
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
                So if I register a new podcast with libsyn I can do it in such a way that my
                domain is used for everything instead of the libsyn one? And, when someone
                clicks on my domain name it will load the libsyn blog? That's what I want --
                so that when I publicize my domain name it will be just that.

                Thanks for telling me about that $5 a year extra option.

                Bill

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
                  Bill,
                  I just looked it up: you can redirect the 'name servers' from your old
                  registrar (like GoDaddy for instance) to libsyn, and your domain will be
                  equal to yourname.libsyn.com. Libsyn charges a $5 setup fee for this.

                  Joel

                  On 4/1/06, Bill <bill@...> wrote:

                  > So if I register a new podcast with libsyn I can do it in such a way that
                  > my
                  > domain is used for everything instead of the libsyn one? And, when someone
                  > clicks on my domain name it will load the libsyn blog? That's what I want
                  > --
                  > so that when I publicize my domain name it will be just that.
                  >
                  > Thanks for telling me about that $5 a year extra option.
                  >
                  > Bill
                  >

                  > On 4/1/06 10:33 AM, "Joel Haasnoot" <joelhaasnoot@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Whoever you registered your domain name with should give you an option
                  > to do
                  > > this. THere's two ways.
                  > > 1. http redirect
                  > > 2. nameserver moving
                  > > I do believe though that libsyn officially charges $5 extra if you want
                  > > use their nameservers. The second option every domain name registrar
                  > should
                  > > have. The first option sometimes isn't availible. For instance, I had to
                  > pay
                  > > $5/year more for http redirects.
                  > >
                  > > Joel
                  > >
                  > > On 4/1/06, Bill <bill@...> wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> I just searched on the Libsyn forum to try to find a simple tutorial
                  > for
                  > >> how
                  > >> to use your own damain and web page in conjunction with libsyn.
                  > >>
                  > >> Right now I have http://mysite.libsyn.com as the location for my libsyn
                  > >> feed. I would like http://www.mysite.com to be the location for my
                  > libsyn
                  > >> feed.
                  > >>
                  > >> I'm not only asking that here because I know one of you guys will have
                  > >> simple instructions for this but also because the libsyn forum is
                  > fairly
                  > >> disorganized (although presently it's a good place to look for links to
                  > >> porn
                  > >> -- there's lots of posts there about nice porn).
                  > >>
                  > >> Bill
                  > >>

                  > >> http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"
                  > >>
                  > >> / / \ \ \ \
                  > >> / / / \ \ \ \ \
                  > >> / / \/ O O \ \
                  > >> / / / \/ O\ \ \/
                  > >> / / \/ \
                  > >> \/ \/ \
                  > >> \/ \
                  > >> __o \/ \
                  > >> `\<,_ \/ \
                  > >> (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com
                  > >>

                  > >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >

                  > http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"
                  >
                  > / / \ \ \ \
                  > / / / \ \ \ \ \
                  > / / \/ O O \ \
                  > / / / \/ O\ \ \/
                  > / / \/ \
                  > \/ \/ \
                  > \/ \
                  > __o \/ \
                  > `\<,_ \/ \
                  > (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com

                • Bill
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
                    Thanks

                    Where did you look it up?

                    On 4/1/06 11:03 AM, "Joel Haasnoot" <joelhaasnoot@...> wrote:

                    > Bill,
                    > I just looked it up: you can redirect the 'name servers' from your old
                    > registrar (like GoDaddy for instance) to libsyn, and your domain will be
                    > equal to yourname.libsyn.com. Libsyn charges a $5 setup fee for this.
                    >
                    > Joel
                    >
                    > On 4/1/06, Bill <bill@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> So if I register a new podcast with libsyn I can do it in such a way that
                    >> my
                    >> domain is used for everything instead of the libsyn one? And, when someone
                    >> clicks on my domain name it will load the libsyn blog? That's what I want
                    >> --
                    >> so that when I publicize my domain name it will be just that.
                    >>
                    >> Thanks for telling me about that $5 a year extra option.
                    >>
                    >> Bill
                    >>

                    >> On 4/1/06 10:33 AM, "Joel Haasnoot" <joelhaasnoot@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> Whoever you registered your domain name with should give you an option
                    >> to do
                    >>> this. THere's two ways.
                    >>> 1. http redirect

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
                      If you go to to libysn.com and click on signup or:
                      https://www.libsyn.com/signup.php

                      Joel

                      On 4/1/06, Bill <bill@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks
                      >
                      > Where did you look it up?
                      >

                      > On 4/1/06 11:03 AM, "Joel Haasnoot" <joelhaasnoot@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Bill,
                      > > I just looked it up: you can redirect the 'name servers' from your old
                      > > registrar (like GoDaddy for instance) to libsyn, and your domain will be
                      > > equal to yourname.libsyn.com. Libsyn charges a $5 setup fee for this.
                      > >
                      > > Joel
                      > >
                      > > On 4/1/06, Bill <bill@...> wrote:
                      > >>
                      > >> So if I register a new podcast with libsyn I can do it in such a way
                      > that
                      > >> my
                      > >> domain is used for everything instead of the libsyn one? And, when
                      > someone
                      > >> clicks on my domain name it will load the libsyn blog? That's what I
                      > want
                      > >> --
                      > >> so that when I publicize my domain name it will be just that.
                      > >>
                      > >> Thanks for telling me about that $5 a year extra option.
                      > >>
                      > >> Bill

                      > >> to do
                      > want
                      > >> should
                      > >> pay

                      > >> for

                      > libsyn
                      > >> libsyn

                      > have
                      > >> fairly

                      > >> http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"
                      > >>
                      > >> / / \ \ \ \
                      > >> / / / \ \ \ \ \
                      > >> / / \/ O O \ \
                      > >> / / / \/ O\ \ \/
                      > >> / / \/ \
                      > >> \/ \/ \
                      > >> \/ \
                      > >> __o \/ \
                      > >> `\<,_ \/ \
                      > >> (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com
                      > >>

                      > >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      > >

                      > http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"
                      >
                      > / / \ \ \ \
                      > / / / \ \ \ \ \
                      > / / \/ O O \ \
                      > / / / \/ O\ \ \/
                      > / / \/ \
                      > \/ \/ \
                      > \/ \
                      > __o \/ \
                      > `\<,_ \/ \
                      > (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com

                    • Bill
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 1, 2006
                        Thanks -- I wonder I guess I'm the only one who didn't see that there...

                      • Dave Jackson
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 3, 2006
                          Bill,
                          You can forward a domain at godaddy.com (no charge). For example if you are going to http://www.podcastingshirts.com/ what you are REALLY doing is going to http://www.cafepress.com/podcastingshirt

                          Another example: When the type in www.thepodcastfreak.com Go Daddy says, "Hey you lookin for that web site? - its over there" and it provides the capability to mask the true website (so people don't see www.jammindave.com in this case) it also allows you to specify keywords.

                          I've got a tutorial showing how to do this at the school of podcasting (its really not that tough).

                          Dave Jackson
                          www.schoolofpodcasting.com

                          So if I register a new podcast with libsyn I can do it in such a way that my
                          domain is used for everything instead of the libsyn one? And, when someone
                          clicks on my domain name it will load the libsyn blog? That's what I want --
                          so that when I publicize my domain name it will be just that.

                          Thanks for telling me about that $5 a year extra option.

                          Bill

                          On 4/1/06 10:33 AM, "Joel Haasnoot" <joelhaasnoot@...> wrote:

                          > Whoever you registered your domain name with should give you an option to do
                          > this. THere's two ways.
                          > 1. http redirect
                          > 2. nameserver moving
                          > I do believe though that libsyn officially charges $5 extra if you want to
                          > use their nameservers. The second option every domain name registrar should
                          > have. The first option sometimes isn't availible. For instance, I had to pay
                          > $5/year more for http redirects.
                          >
                          > Joel
                          >
                          > On 4/1/06, Bill <bill@...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> I just searched on the Libsyn forum to try to find a simple tutorial for
                          >> how
                          >> to use your own damain and web page in conjunction with libsyn.
                          >>
                          >> Right now I have http://mysite.libsyn.com as the location for my libsyn
                          >> feed. I would like http://www.mysite.com to be the location for my libsyn
                          >> feed.
                          >>
                          >> I'm not only asking that here because I know one of you guys will have
                          >> simple instructions for this but also because the libsyn forum is fairly
                          >> disorganized (although presently it's a good place to look for links to
                          >> porn
                          >> -- there's lots of posts there about nice porn).
                          >>
                          >> Bill
                          >>

                          >> http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"
                          >>
                          >> / / \ \ \ \
                          >> / / / \ \ \ \ \
                          >> / / \/ O O \ \
                          >> / / / \/ O\ \ \/
                          >> / / \/ \
                          >> \/ \/ \
                          >> \/ \
                          >> __o \/ \
                          >> `\<,_ \/ \
                          >> (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com
                          >>

                          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                          http://rainforestinn.libsyn.com "The Sounds of the Rainforest"

                          / / \ \ \ \
                          / / / \ \ \ \ \
                          / / \/ O O \ \
                          / / / \/ O\ \ \/
                          / / \/ \
                          \/ \/ \
                          \/ \
                          __o \/ \
                          `\<,_ \/ \
                          (*)/ (*) \/ \ http://www.rainforestinn.com

                        • George L Smyth
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 3, 2006
                            --- Dave Jackson <jacksongei@...> wrote:

                            > Bill,
                            > You can forward a domain at godaddy.com (no charge). For example if you are
                            > going to http://www.podcastingshirts.com/ what you are REALLY doing is going
                            > to http://www.cafepress.com/podcastingshirt
                            >
                            > Another example: When the type in www.thepodcastfreak.com Go Daddy says, "Hey
                            > you lookin for that web site? - its over there" and it provides the
                            > capability to mask the true website (so people don't see www.jammindave.com
                            > in this case) it also allows you to specify keywords.
                            >
                            > I've got a tutorial showing how to do this at the school of podcasting (its
                            > really not that tough).

                            I just thought I'd mention that while some places charge you for forwarding,
                            you can have it done without charge. For instance, my photographic website
                            http://GLSmyth.com redirects to http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hmpi/ (someday I
                            really do need to get it off the Comcast server, but I digress).

                            I do this by going to http://ZoneEdit.com, which is free. It does a number of
                            other things, like redirecting any email to the domain to my real email address
                            - for instance, sending an email to ThisIsObviouslySpam@... will get to
                            my Yahoo email account.

                            Cheers -

                            george