Live show?

  • floridapodcaster
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2006
      Hi, I was thinking about doing a live show (if it works I may do one a
      month) but all the the streaming solutions I have found seem aimed
      towards something like a station not a one time thing?

      Any suggestions? I have 6/512 ADSL. The upload is to slow for me to
      host it myself.

      So we will have live chat, with a live audio stream type of thing?

      John
      A View from the Couch!
    • George L Smyth
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2006
        You might want to check with Jason at Insomnia Radio. I know that he was
        planning on doing this with a concert but plans fell through when they lost
        access to the DSL connection. I'm sure that he's done the background work on
        this, so you may wish to ask him about it.

        Cheers -

        george

        --- floridapodcaster <jbennie@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I was thinking about doing a live show (if it works I may do one a
        > month) but all the the streaming solutions I have found seem aimed
        > towards something like a station not a one time thing?
        >
        > Any suggestions? I have 6/512 ADSL. The upload is to slow for me to
        > host it myself.
        >
        > So we will have live chat, with a live audio stream type of thing?
        >
        > John
        > A View from the Couch!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        -------------------------------------

        Eclectic Mix - http://EclecticMix.com
        DRiP Investing - http://DRiPInvesting.org
        Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com
        The Prudent Investor - http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=21

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Rob Usdin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2006
          The Rock and Roll Geek show is streamed each week - you might check with
          Michael Butler for more info on how he does it.

          _____

          -------------------------------------

          Eclectic Mix - http://EclecticMix.com
          DRiP Investing - http://DRiPInvesting.org
          Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com
          The Prudent Investor - http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=21

          * Visit your group "podcasters
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          _____

        • Pat Cook (Pat's Podcast)
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 9, 2006
            Hi everyone:

            On 3/9/06, floridapodcaster <jbennie@...> wrote:
            > Hi, I was thinking about doing a live show (if it works I may do one a
            > month) but all the the streaming solutions I have found seem aimed
            > towards something like a station not a one time thing?

            John....Have you checked out (or even heard of) Live365.com? If not,
            you may want to check them out. They offer options where you can
            broadcast your show LIVE (with them taking the bandwidth hit as they
            would be your host) PLUS you can have each show "looped" simply by
            uploading the archive to their servers using their software (Though I
            don't initially recommend this unless and/or until you have a few
            shows under your belt due to DMCA & TOS compliance issues EVEN IF your
            content is all original)

            This way, people can catch your show EVEN IF you aren't on live.

            Hope this helps :)

            Cheers everyone :)

            --
            Pat Cook
            patspodcast@... (FEEDBACK EMAIL)
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9, 2006
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Cook (Pat's Podcast)"
              <patspodcast@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone:
              >
              > On 3/9/06, floridapodcaster <jbennie@...> wrote:
              > > Hi, I was thinking about doing a live show (if it works I may do
              one a
              > > month) but all the the streaming solutions I have found seem aimed
              > > towards something like a station not a one time thing?
              >
              > John....Have you checked out (or even heard of) Live365.com? If
              not,
              > you may want to check them out. They offer options where you can
              > broadcast your show LIVE (with them taking the bandwidth hit as they
              > would be your host) PLUS you can have each show "looped" simply by
              > uploading the archive to their servers using their software (Though
              > don't initially recommend this unless and/or until you have a few
              > shows under your belt due to DMCA & TOS compliance issues EVEN IF
              your
              > content is all original)
              >
              > This way, people can catch your show EVEN IF you aren't on live.
              >
              > Hope this helps :)
              >
              > Cheers everyone :)
              >
              > --
              > Pat Cook
              > patspodcast@... (FEEDBACK EMAIL)
              > Denver, Colorado
              > PAT'S PODCAST PAGE - http://patspodcast.blogspot.com/
              > PAT'S PODCAST RSS FEED - http://feeds.feedburner.com/PatsPodcast
              (NEW URL!!!)
              > PAT'S PODCAST & VIDEO BLOG MESSAGE BOARD -
              http://patspodcast.proboards36.com/
              > SKYPE ME @ patspodcast

              Is that the same live365 I get on TIVO? We just finised our 31
              show. The run from 40 mins to 1:30. I do like keeping my archives
              up because so far this month I've had 40 new downloads of show #1.

              Thanks for the answers about the live broadcast. My wife and I think
              it will be fun every once in a while.

              John
              A View from the Couch!
              www.buddha-licious.net