Re: [podcasters] Re: Looking for information about user agent: Microsoft BITS/6.6

  • Andy Armstrong
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 4, 2006
      On 4 Mar 2006, at 13:49, Andy Armstrong wrote:
      > 1 HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
      > 2 Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 22:25:56 GMT
      > 3 Server: Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora)
      > 4 Last-Modified: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 22:25:56 GMT
      > 5 ETag: W/"a201cb-18cbf14-e972b580"
      > 6 Accept-Ranges: bytes
      > 7 Content-Length: 21340380
      > 8 Content-Range: bytes 4660792-26001171/26001172
      > 9 Connection: close
      > 10 Content-Type: video/quicktime
      >
      > Which is exactly the behaviour you describe with BITS. So it
      > definitely isn't anything specific to BITS that they have a problem
      > with.

      And to add insult to injury their server thinks it's Jan 1999 - maybe
      that's why they haven't properly implemented the June 1999 HTTP 1.1
      spec yet? :)

      --
      Andy Armstrong, hexten.net
    • Andy Armstrong
      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 5, 2006
        On 4 Mar 2006, at 22:55, Liberated Syndication Support wrote:
        > Hey Guys,
        > Just catching up on the thread. I believe Blunt over here is talking
        > with Andre right now to come up with a resolution. We want what's
        > best for the podcasters, so we will get fixes in for this and make
        > sure that we have functionality for IE and Vista. We are not always
        > sure what is friendly/unfriendly as far as all the variations of
        > traffic that we get, it can be confusing at times. In the end we are
        > just trying to build the best system we can. Any Microsoft eyes out
        > there? We'd love to have your shop talk ear for a minute.

        I'll keep this brief - I'm already in trouble for my vaguely
        obsessive response to this issue :)

        1) You know that this isn't a Microsoft specific issue, right? I'm
        seeing a lot of 206 response
        codes for PSPRssChannel-agent/1.0.0 libhttp/1.0.0 too.

        2) So we can keep some of the more impenetrable geekery off this list
        I've started a mailing list
        for hardcore podcasting tech:

        It's a place where we can talk about servers, clients, protocols,
        XML, RSS in a robust way
        without polluting this list.

        --
        Andy Armstrong, hexten.net