Re: [podcasters] Re: From Geek News Central

    Message 1 of 121 , Mar 2, 2006
      On 3/2/06, Joel Haasnoot <joelhaasnoot@...> wrote:
      > But how can you apply a standard to something that is also largely
      > creative, isn't that undermining it?

      Good standards for methods and form
      Don't stifle; they just set a norm.
      It's not hard to connect
      Knowing what to expect--
      But if you're going to do your own thing, it helps to have some
      knowledge of standard practice first and make the decisions to depart
      from it *consciously*, or else you'll probably just confuse people.

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • Babolat Sebastien
      Message 121 of 121 , Mar 11, 2006
        > I think that they provide good information to the discussion,
        although some
        > don't agree their views on using podcasting to make money.
        >
        > Will

        Well - Podcasting started for people to share their hobby or
        intterest. If you start a podcast just for some money reason, it can
        work, but is the quality going to be good ?

        Someone passionate about his subject, with just the desire to share
        it, has, in my opinion, more intterest than a money based/driven podcast.

        But, I know getting sponsor is still a great thing, especially when
        you can upgrade the materials and share it back with the listeners.

        I am actually going to try that out = share what the listeners have
        given me.
        By tomorrow, or monday we'll see if they like it.
        i am more looking for an intteraction with the listeners (rather than
        just providing them something).

        Beside that, I still prefer to get a long term sponsor - more like a
        partner, to be safe and sure to have it for a bit, so you can start
        making investment (materials ...).

        Nop ?

        Sebastien
        www.frenchpodclass.com