Re: [podcasters] From Geek News Central

  • Paula Berinstein
    Message 1 of 121 , Mar 2, 2006
      Ah, this is interesting. I am currently working on an article about
      error in information sources for my regular gig at Searcher magazine.
      I'm interviewing people on issues like how error should be corrected,
      when error matters and why, who's responsible for correcting mistakes,
      how much fact-checking should be done and by whom, who has what legal
      responsibility, what error does to society, etc. I have already spoken
      to a large database/reference source producer and am trying to get in
      touch with journalists, ethicists, publishers, authors' organizations,
      bloggers, and so on. Any referrals much appreciated.

      Thanks!

      Paula

      Paula Berinstein
      The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
      http://www.writingshow.com

      > > If a journalist wants to be taken seriously by me,
      > > IMO, they should just tell me the facts.
      >
      > I also hope you realize that "just telling the facts" is not so
      > cut-and-dry. You can never share *every* fact that might have the
      > slightest relevance to a story -- there's too many of them. So what
      > facts does a journalist choose to relate? What influences that
      > choice? Who decides what stories are important enough to produce?
      > What makes them important?
      >
      > We're human beings. Opinion and subjective experience are integral to
      > how we live. Claiming to have gotten away from them is a thin veil at
      > best, and a flat lie at worst.
      >

      > --
      > Have Fun,
      > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
      > http://www.escapepod.org

      > Communication and networking
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=A8JypvKmrStpN6fDh9U3Og>
      > Computer security
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=1rOpipQ2G5JuUh4FQdtUjw>
      > Computer training
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=DoYkI4Rqe_5Hu64wdfCpSQ>

    • Babolat Sebastien
      Message 121 of 121 , Mar 11, 2006
        > I think that they provide good information to the discussion,
        although some
        > don't agree their views on using podcasting to make money.
        >
        > Will

        Well - Podcasting started for people to share their hobby or
        intterest. If you start a podcast just for some money reason, it can
        work, but is the quality going to be good ?

        Someone passionate about his subject, with just the desire to share
        it, has, in my opinion, more intterest than a money based/driven podcast.

        But, I know getting sponsor is still a great thing, especially when
        you can upgrade the materials and share it back with the listeners.

        I am actually going to try that out = share what the listeners have
        given me.
        By tomorrow, or monday we'll see if they like it.
        i am more looking for an intteraction with the listeners (rather than
        just providing them something).

        Beside that, I still prefer to get a long term sponsor - more like a
        partner, to be safe and sure to have it for a bit, so you can start
        making investment (materials ...).

        Nop ?

        Sebastien
        www.frenchpodclass.com