Re: New podcast guild forming--here's the press release

  • ronharpervoice
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Paula Berinstein <pberinstein@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear fellow podcasters,
      >
      > You may remember some time back that Steve Eley mentioned he was
      working
      > on a new podcast guild to help promote podcasting and establish an
      > infrastructure within which we can thrive. Steve put out a call for
      > participation. Now those of us who answered Steve's call have issued a
      > press release, which follows. We are still in the founding stages and
      > would love help and input!
      >
      > Paula Berinstein
      > The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
      > http://www.writingshow.com
      >
      > Paula:
      I just went to the site and tried signing up for the mailing list.
      Got a failure notice that said:
      <podcastguild@...>:
      Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
      Hope you get it fixed soon

      > The Podcast Guild Forming -- Looking for Participants and Funding
      >
      > /A new podcast guild seeks founding members and startup funding./
      >
      > Newark, CA (PRWEB) February 25, 2006 -- In order to promote and support
      > the art and business of podcasting, The Podcast Guild was recently
      > founded by some of the medium's most active, prominent producers. The
      > Guild is in the process of defining a legal structure and is seeking
      > charter members and funding.
      >
      > Despite being declared the 2005 Word of the Year by the New Oxford
      > American Dictionary, "podcast" still lacks "man on the street"
      recognition.

      > The Podcast Guild planning committee chair Paul Puri, whose Unsigned
      > Podcast Network spotlights independent artists, claims, "Podcasting has
      > the potential to change the world. The Podcast Guild will help develop
      > the medium for both podcast producers and listeners."
      >
      > The Guild's mission statement proclaims, "The Podcast Guild promotes
      > podcasting worldwide; provides resources, information, and advocacy for
      > podcasters; and works to build and maintain an effective technical,
      > business, artistic, and legal environment for podcasting."
      >
      > The Guild is looking for $15,000 in startup grants to establish a
      > non-profit corporation and seeks additional founding members for the
      > committee (financial contribution optional). Interested parties should
      > contact Paul Puri for more information.
      >
      > About Podcasts
      >
      > Podcasts are audio programs that automatically download to your
      portable
      > media player or computer. You do not need to own or have access to an
      > Apple iPod player to enjoy podcasts -- any modern computer will enable
      > you to enjoy this vibrant new medium.
      >
      > About The Podcast Guild
      >
      > The Podcast Guild planning committee includes:
      >
      > Paul Puri, Unsigned Podcast Network
      > Stephen Eley, Escape Pod
      > Matthew Wayne Selznick, Spotlight DIY and Brave Men Run
      > Andy Armstrong, Mojo Crash
      > George Smyth, Eclectic Mix and The Prudent Investor
      > Juliann Krute, It Won't Kill You
      > Dennis Hays, Secrets of Digital Imaging Audio Magazine
      > Paula Berinstein, The Writing Show
      >
      > The fledgling guild has a Web site at http://www.podcastguild.org
      There
      > is a contact form at the site.
      >
      > February 2006 is Podcast Month at PRWeb. This press release distributed
      > by PRWeb, the Online Visibility Company.

    • Paul Puri
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
        --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
        > I just went to the site and tried signing up for the
        > mailing list.
        > Got a failure notice that said:
        > <podcastguild@...>:
        > Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
        > Hope you get it fixed soon

        Hey Ron,

        I tried myself and it worked fine. You might want to
        give it another try. Might of been 'one of those
        things'.

        Thanks,

        Paul Puri

        The Podcast Guild Planning Commitee.
        http://podcastguild.com/

        Podsafe Gear...Gear for Podcasters
        http://podsafegear.com

        Unsigned Podcast Network
        Skype:unsignedpodcast
        unsignedpodcast@...

        The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
        The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
        The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
        The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

        Promotion without shame.
        Podcasting Announcements

      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
          --- Paul Puri <prp6040@...> wrote:
          > --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
          > > I just went to the site and tried signing up for
          > the
          > > mailing list.
          > > Got a failure notice that said:
          > > <podcastguild@...>:
          > > Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
          > > Hope you get it fixed soon
          >
          > Hey Ron,
          >
          > I tried myself and it worked fine. You might want to
          > give it another try. Might of been 'one of those
          > things'.

          Hey Ron, I spoke too soon. I see what you mean now. I
          will have this taken care of right away. Thanks for
          letting us know. Might have happened when we moved the
          site to another location.

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
            On 2/28/06, Paul Puri <prp6040@...> wrote:
            > --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
            > > Got a failure notice that said:
            > > <podcastguild@...>:
            >
            > I tried myself and it worked fine. You might want to
            > give it another try. Might of been 'one of those
            > things'.

            Or a failure that Juliann or Andy fixed in the meantime. 'gmail.org'
            is the wrong domain; Google's mail service is at 'gmail.com'.

            http://www.escapepod.org
          • Andy Armstrong
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
              On 28 Feb 2006, at 16:54, Paul Puri wrote:
              > --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
              >> I just went to the site and tried signing up for the
              >> mailing list.
              >> Got a failure notice that said:
              >> <podcastguild@...>:
              >> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
              >> Hope you get it fixed soon
              >
              > Hey Ron,
              >
              > I tried myself and it worked fine. You might want to
              > give it another try. Might of been 'one of those
              > things'.

              Or it might be 'gmail.com' rather than 'gmail.org' :)

              --
              Andy Armstrong, hexten.net