New podcast guild forming--here's the press release

  • Paula Berinstein
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2006
      Dear fellow podcasters,

      You may remember some time back that Steve Eley mentioned he was working
      on a new podcast guild to help promote podcasting and establish an
      infrastructure within which we can thrive. Steve put out a call for
      participation. Now those of us who answered Steve's call have issued a
      press release, which follows. We are still in the founding stages and
      would love help and input!

      Paula Berinstein
      The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
      http://www.writingshow.com

      The Podcast Guild Forming -- Looking for Participants and Funding

      /A new podcast guild seeks founding members and startup funding./

      Newark, CA (PRWEB) February 25, 2006 -- In order to promote and support
      the art and business of podcasting, The Podcast Guild was recently
      founded by some of the medium's most active, prominent producers. The
      Guild is in the process of defining a legal structure and is seeking
      charter members and funding.

      Despite being declared the 2005 Word of the Year by the New Oxford
      American Dictionary, "podcast" still lacks "man on the street" recognition.

      The Podcast Guild planning committee chair Paul Puri, whose Unsigned
      Podcast Network spotlights independent artists, claims, "Podcasting has
      the potential to change the world. The Podcast Guild will help develop
      the medium for both podcast producers and listeners."

      The Guild's mission statement proclaims, "The Podcast Guild promotes
      podcasting worldwide; provides resources, information, and advocacy for
      podcasters; and works to build and maintain an effective technical,
      business, artistic, and legal environment for podcasting."

      The Guild is looking for $15,000 in startup grants to establish a
      non-profit corporation and seeks additional founding members for the
      committee (financial contribution optional). Interested parties should
      contact Paul Puri for more information.

      About Podcasts

      Podcasts are audio programs that automatically download to your portable
      media player or computer. You do not need to own or have access to an
      Apple iPod player to enjoy podcasts -- any modern computer will enable
      you to enjoy this vibrant new medium.

      About The Podcast Guild

      The Podcast Guild planning committee includes:

      Paul Puri, Unsigned Podcast Network
      Stephen Eley, Escape Pod
      Matthew Wayne Selznick, Spotlight DIY and Brave Men Run
      Andy Armstrong, Mojo Crash
      George Smyth, Eclectic Mix and The Prudent Investor
      Juliann Krute, It Won’t Kill You
      Dennis Hays, Secrets of Digital Imaging Audio Magazine
      Paula Berinstein, The Writing Show

      The fledgling guild has a Web site at http://www.podcastguild.org There
      is a contact form at the site.

      February 2006 is Podcast Month at PRWeb. This press release distributed
      by PRWeb, the Online Visibility Company.
    • P. Dilly
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2006
        how do you join, and get involved

        On 2/27/06, Paula Berinstein <pberinstein@...> wrote:

        > Dear fellow podcasters,
        >
        > You may remember some time back that Steve Eley mentioned he was working
        > on a new podcast guild to help promote podcasting and establish an
        > infrastructure within which we can thrive. Steve put out a call for
        > participation. Now those of us who answered Steve's call have issued a
        > press release, which follows. We are still in the founding stages and
        > would love help and input!
        >
        > Paula Berinstein
        > The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
        > http://www.writingshow.com
        >

        > The Podcast Guild Forming -- Looking for Participants and Funding
        >
        > /A new podcast guild seeks founding members and startup funding./
        >
        > Newark, CA (PRWEB) February 25, 2006 -- In order to promote and support
        > the art and business of podcasting, The Podcast Guild was recently
        > founded by some of the medium's most active, prominent producers. The
        > Guild is in the process of defining a legal structure and is seeking
        > charter members and funding.
        >
        > Despite being declared the 2005 Word of the Year by the New Oxford
        > American Dictionary, "podcast" still lacks "man on the street"
        > recognition.
        >
        > The Podcast Guild planning committee chair Paul Puri, whose Unsigned
        > Podcast Network spotlights independent artists, claims, "Podcasting has
        > the potential to change the world. The Podcast Guild will help develop
        > the medium for both podcast producers and listeners."
        >
        > The Guild's mission statement proclaims, "The Podcast Guild promotes
        > podcasting worldwide; provides resources, information, and advocacy for
        > podcasters; and works to build and maintain an effective technical,
        > business, artistic, and legal environment for podcasting."
        >
        > The Guild is looking for $15,000 in startup grants to establish a
        > non-profit corporation and seeks additional founding members for the
        > committee (financial contribution optional). Interested parties should
        > contact Paul Puri for more information.
        >
        > About Podcasts
        >
        > Podcasts are audio programs that automatically download to your portable
        > media player or computer. You do not need to own or have access to an
        > Apple iPod player to enjoy podcasts -- any modern computer will enable
        > you to enjoy this vibrant new medium.
        >
        > About The Podcast Guild
        >
        > The Podcast Guild planning committee includes:
        >
        > Paul Puri, Unsigned Podcast Network
        > Stephen Eley, Escape Pod
        > Matthew Wayne Selznick, Spotlight DIY and Brave Men Run
        > Andy Armstrong, Mojo Crash
        > George Smyth, Eclectic Mix and The Prudent Investor
        > Juliann Krute, It Won't Kill You
        > Dennis Hays, Secrets of Digital Imaging Audio Magazine
        > Paula Berinstein, The Writing Show
        >
        > The fledgling guild has a Web site at http://www.podcastguild.org There
        > is a contact form at the site.
        >
        > February 2006 is Podcast Month at PRWeb. This press release distributed
        > by PRWeb, the Online Visibility Company.

        Gary Leland

        http://www.podcastpickle.com

        http://www.sportpodcasts.com

      • Paula Berinstein
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2006
          You can contact our fearless leader, Paul Puri, at prp6040@....

          Paula

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Paula Berinstein <pberinstein@...>
            wrote:

            > Dear fellow podcasters,
            >
            > You may remember some time back that Steve Eley mentioned he was
            working
            > on a new podcast guild to help promote podcasting and establish an
            > infrastructure within which we can thrive. Steve put out a call for
            > participation. Now those of us who answered Steve's call have issued a
            > press release, which follows. We are still in the founding stages and
            > would love help and input!
            >
            > Paula Berinstein
            > The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
            > http://www.writingshow.com
            >
            > Paula:
            I just went to the site and tried signing up for the mailing list.
            Got a failure notice that said:
            <podcastguild@...>:
            Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
            Hope you get it fixed soon

            > The Podcast Guild Forming -- Looking for Participants and Funding
            >
            > /A new podcast guild seeks founding members and startup funding./
            >
            > Newark, CA (PRWEB) February 25, 2006 -- In order to promote and support
            > the art and business of podcasting, The Podcast Guild was recently
            > founded by some of the medium's most active, prominent producers. The
            > Guild is in the process of defining a legal structure and is seeking
            > charter members and funding.
            >
            > Despite being declared the 2005 Word of the Year by the New Oxford
            > American Dictionary, "podcast" still lacks "man on the street"
            recognition.

            > The Podcast Guild planning committee chair Paul Puri, whose Unsigned
            > Podcast Network spotlights independent artists, claims, "Podcasting has
            > the potential to change the world. The Podcast Guild will help develop
            > the medium for both podcast producers and listeners."
            >
            > The Guild's mission statement proclaims, "The Podcast Guild promotes
            > podcasting worldwide; provides resources, information, and advocacy for
            > podcasters; and works to build and maintain an effective technical,
            > business, artistic, and legal environment for podcasting."
            >
            > The Guild is looking for $15,000 in startup grants to establish a
            > non-profit corporation and seeks additional founding members for the
            > committee (financial contribution optional). Interested parties should
            > contact Paul Puri for more information.
            >
            > About Podcasts
            >
            > Podcasts are audio programs that automatically download to your
            portable
            > media player or computer. You do not need to own or have access to an
            > Apple iPod player to enjoy podcasts -- any modern computer will enable
            > you to enjoy this vibrant new medium.
            >
            > About The Podcast Guild
            >
            > The Podcast Guild planning committee includes:
            >
            > Paul Puri, Unsigned Podcast Network
            > Stephen Eley, Escape Pod
            > Matthew Wayne Selznick, Spotlight DIY and Brave Men Run
            > Andy Armstrong, Mojo Crash
            > George Smyth, Eclectic Mix and The Prudent Investor
            > Juliann Krute, It Won't Kill You
            > Dennis Hays, Secrets of Digital Imaging Audio Magazine
            > Paula Berinstein, The Writing Show
            >
            > The fledgling guild has a Web site at http://www.podcastguild.org
            There
            > is a contact form at the site.
            >
            > February 2006 is Podcast Month at PRWeb. This press release distributed
            > by PRWeb, the Online Visibility Company.

          • Paul Puri
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
              --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
              > I just went to the site and tried signing up for the
              > mailing list.
              > Got a failure notice that said:
              > <podcastguild@...>:
              > Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
              > Hope you get it fixed soon

              Hey Ron,

              I tried myself and it worked fine. You might want to
              give it another try. Might of been 'one of those
              things'.

              Thanks,

              Paul Puri

              The Podcast Guild Planning Commitee.
              http://podcastguild.com/

              Podsafe Gear...Gear for Podcasters
              http://podsafegear.com

              Unsigned Podcast Network
              Skype:unsignedpodcast
              unsignedpodcast@...

              The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
              The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
              The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
              The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

              Promotion without shame.
              Podcasting Announcements

            • Paul Puri
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
                --- Paul Puri <prp6040@...> wrote:
                > --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
                > > I just went to the site and tried signing up for
                > the
                > > mailing list.
                > > Got a failure notice that said:
                > > <podcastguild@...>:
                > > Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
                > > Hope you get it fixed soon
                >
                > Hey Ron,
                >
                > I tried myself and it worked fine. You might want to
                > give it another try. Might of been 'one of those
                > things'.

                Hey Ron, I spoke too soon. I see what you mean now. I
                will have this taken care of right away. Thanks for
                letting us know. Might have happened when we moved the
                site to another location.

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
                  On 2/28/06, Paul Puri <prp6040@...> wrote:
                  > --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
                  > > Got a failure notice that said:
                  > > <podcastguild@...>:
                  >
                  > I tried myself and it worked fine. You might want to
                  > give it another try. Might of been 'one of those
                  > things'.

                  Or a failure that Juliann or Andy fixed in the meantime. 'gmail.org'
                  is the wrong domain; Google's mail service is at 'gmail.com'.

                  http://www.escapepod.org
                • Andy Armstrong
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
                    On 28 Feb 2006, at 16:54, Paul Puri wrote:
                    > --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
                    >> I just went to the site and tried signing up for the
                    >> mailing list.
                    >> Got a failure notice that said:
                    >> <podcastguild@...>:
                    >> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.
                    >> Hope you get it fixed soon
                    >
                    > Hey Ron,
                    >
                    > I tried myself and it worked fine. You might want to
                    > give it another try. Might of been 'one of those
                    > things'.

                    Or it might be 'gmail.com' rather than 'gmail.org' :)

                    --
                    Andy Armstrong, hexten.net