Re: [podcasters] Re: http://www.escapepod.org

  • Mur Lafferty
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 20, 2006
      <delurk>

      On 2/18/06, Dave Shepherd <shepdave@...> wrote:

      > hotwebideas wrote:
      > > North Carolina. It doesn't occur to me that a southern accent would do
      > > anything for your type of podcast. Stick with the btiish woman.
      >
      > ??? As a fluent speaker of English, a podcaster and former New York
      > actor who grew up and learned to speak in North Carolina, I must say
      > that I find that judgment a bit bizarre.

      Yeah, I wasn't too sure what to make of it either. Especially since I've
      been told numerous times that I don't have my home state's typical accent -
      until I get angry.

      And hey, speculative fiction that takes place in the south needs a southern
      accent. (Check out "Aliens Love Oranges" from Escape Pod)

      Mur Lafferty's rendition of "Ambient Sleaze" was, to my ear, nearly a
      > definitive performance of a speculative fiction story.
      >
      > Keep up the good work, Mur (and Steve)!

      Thanks very much for the high praise, Dave!

      --
      Mur Lafferty
      ~

      I Should Be Writing
      http://www.ishouldbewriting.com

      "The secret is to never stop writing, through times of feast or times of
      famine."
      ~Eric Burns