Re: Anyone using the Kiptronic audience survey?

  • Babolat Sebastien
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2006
      Bonjour Dave,

      Same boat! But I try to get decided in between Podtrac and Kiptronic!

      1/ As far as kiptronic, they were mostly down yesterday. I noticed
      that you can get the results the day after (from the surveys taken the
      day before). Also, and it is just a supposition, maybe out of those 13
      people, just 9 of them gave their zip code (which will not appear on
      the geographical untill you reach 10 ?).

      2/ I try to ask some questions to the folks (if they have some deal
      and stuff like that) - No answers yet.
      The CEO of Podtrac calls me evry now and then - even if they are hard
      to get in touch with, they are mostly scared of loosing a good media
      (that is just my opinion).

      Also, the issue with podtrac, is that their survey is really long!
      Besides that, and as you know, as Libsyners, we can not re edit the
      rss link.

      I guess both of them are in their first steps.

      What I come up with today, is that I will use the Kiptronic survey for
      a good month - and we'll see the results.

      If their data are not reliable, I will take my dispositions (I was
      thinking making my own survey, using the service of Perseus, and
      including more questions related to the podcast)

      Sorry for thatlong reply, I am trying to include more question in it :)

      Sebastien
      www.frenchpodclass.com

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Dave Shepherd <shepdave@...> wrote:

      > Are there any LibSynners here who have started using the Kiptronic
      audience
      > survey?
      >
      > This seems to be an important precursor to putting your podcast out for
      > sponsors to look at. Last week I set up our audience survey and put
      a link
      > on my website.
      >
      > To date, the statistics I see seem extremely unreliable. Of fourteen
      people
      > who I know have responded, only 13 responses show up in my Kiptronic
      stats.
      > And of those 13, there are no demographic data given other than
      geographic
      > location and gender. No age, income, or other interests.
      >
      > Kiptronic says they only report stats when they have at least 10
      > But I can't believe that 13 people responded without giving any
      significant
      > demographic information. And when a friend of mine submitted the
      survey this
      > morning, the number of total responses should have gone up to 14, I
      would
      > think. But it remains at 13. So I can't even be sure that every who
      answers
      > is showing up. Indeed, I can be sure that NOT everybody who answers
      shows
      > up.
      >
      > I'm eager to work this out, because we're eager to start using
      Kiptronic to