Re: [podcasters] iTunes won't download all

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
      On 1/30/06, Paul Fischer <pfischer@...> wrote:
      > Someone please verify this for me.
      >
      > Go into the latest version of iTunes, 6.0.2 (23). Go to the podcast
      > section. Click the Settings button on the lower right. Choose
      > "download all" and "keep all". Then subscribe to a new podcast. You
      > probably want to choose something like inFIVE which is short and only
      > has a few episodes.
      >
      > As near as I can tell iTunes will not download all files in the feed.
      > It will only download the latest one.

      That's correct, and the expected behavior. What that "Download All"
      box is asking is what you want iTunes to do when somebody posts
      multiple items in one day (or however often you check for them). It
      doesn't apply to historical episodes that were already there when you
      subscribed.

      You can still grab those by expanding the feed on your own podcast
      screen and clicking the little "GET" button beside each episode title.

      http://www.escapepod.org