question

  • ovande
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2006
      how do charge for a podcast?
      thanks
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 23, 2006
        On 1/23/06, ovande <ovande@...> wrote:
        > how do charge for a podcast?

        Do not.

        > thanks

        Welcome.

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Judefan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2006
          On 1/23/06, ovande <ovande@...> wrote:

          > how do charge for a podcast?
          > thanks

          --
          Tell your listeners to pay up or stop listening. Then, when you are down to
          family, settle for good Christmas gifts. If you are in if for the money and
          are just starting out (which I will assume based on the question) you may
          want to set yourself up for some disappointment. But then again, some beat
          the odds- have you ever watched Brian's Song?

          P.D. Love
          The LoveHouse Radio Podcast
          It's where The Love is

          http://lovehouseradio.com

          Have you heard the news? - www.podcasternews.com

        • Musician's Cooler
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2006
            I use Premiumpodcasting.com ( http://www.premiumpodcasting.com/?afID=204 and yeah that's an affiliate link..)
            for my "Students Only" podcast. You upload your mp3 files to a folder, point the system at the folder, and then create different users (you can import them if you have a list). Each user gets their own RSS feed. If someone cancels their account, you go in and delete that user.

            There are other options (if you want to sell each podcast for example)....

            Dave Jackson
            www.schoolofpodcasting.com
            Plan, Produce, and Promote your Podcast
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 25, 2006
              It's part of my site you can sign up just for the pdocast, or you can sign up for the pdocast and the tutorials. It's $2/month for just the podcast or $4.99/month for access to everything. The subscription is built into the membership software I am running (which ends up using paypal).

              Dave Jackson
              www.schoolofpodcasting.com
              Plan, Produce, Promote Your Podcast

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 26, 2013
                I am thinking about maybe starting a fancast in honor of Henry Cavill,
                from Man of Steel. The problem is, I'm blocked as to what to say and
                all that.

                Does anyone have any ideas on how to get started?

                Thanks.