Re: [podcasters] Podcast guest releases

  • Dennis De Jarnette
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
      Paul Puri wrote:

      > --- Paula Berinstein <pberinstein@...>
      > wrote:
      > > Does anyone know anything about podcast guest
      > > releases? I have been
      > > looking around on the Internet and have found a
      > > couple of radio guest
      > > releases, but there is surprisingly little as far as
      > > I can see.
      > > I'm looking for two things:
      > > 1) A way to insure that I can republish interviews
      > > on CD or in some
      > > other medium
      > > 2) A way to get the guest to waive his or her right
      > > to privacy and
      > > publicity (see this document I found that mentions
      > > this:
      >
      > This may prove to be an interesting legal twist for
      > podcasters in the future. If anyone has a link or
      > resource, let me know and I will put it on the Wiki.
      >

      > Paul Puri

      Paul and Paula I believe the Podcast bros. have such a document that
      they discussed in a recent podcast. They could not get some of their
      speakers to sing a release and now they plan to have the speakers sign
      for next years expo before they will agree to speak. I have no need for
      this at this time so I did not look at their site for it.

      Positive dennis

      > Unsigned Podcast Network
      > Skype:unsignedpodcast
      > unsignedpodcast@...
      >
      > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
      > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
      > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
      >
      > Podsafe Gear-Gear for Podcasters!
      > http://podsafegear.com
      >
      > http://paulpurionline.com
      >
      > Promotion without shame.
      > Podcasting Announcements
      >
      > The Official Podcasters Wiki: http://podcasterswiki.com

    • Tim Bourquin
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        We have an Interview Release and Authorization Form we use for
        EnduranceRadio.com and also SmallBusinessPodcast.com.

        It was pieced to together from various sources with permission
        (including Doug Kaye's Podcast Academy release) and then had it
        reviewed/edited/changed up a bit by our attorney, however you may wish
        to have your own attorney review it as well.

        Here's the link:
        http://www.portablemediaexpo.com/podcastbros/interviewrelease.doc

        Feel free to use it word for word if you like but I suggest
        customizing it a bit to suit your own needs.

        Tim
        PodcastBrothers.com

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Dennis De Jarnette
        <positivedennis@c...> wrote:

        > Paul Puri wrote:
        >
        > > --- Paula Berinstein <pberinstein@p...>
        > > wrote:
        > > > Does anyone know anything about podcast guest
        > > > releases? I have been
        > > > looking around on the Internet and have found a
        > > > couple of radio guest
        > > > releases, but there is surprisingly little as far as
        > > > I can see.
        > > > I'm looking for two things:
        > > > 1) A way to insure that I can republish interviews
        > > > on CD or in some
        > > > other medium
        > > > 2) A way to get the guest to waive his or her right
        > > > to privacy and
        > > > publicity (see this document I found that mentions
        > > > this:
        > >
        > > This may prove to be an interesting legal twist for
        > > podcasters in the future. If anyone has a link or
        > > resource, let me know and I will put it on the Wiki.
        > >

        > > Paul Puri
        >
        > Paul and Paula I believe the Podcast bros. have such a document that
        > they discussed in a recent podcast. They could not get some of their
        > speakers to sing a release and now they plan to have the speakers sign
        > for next years expo before they will agree to speak. I have no need for
        > this at this time so I did not look at their site for it.
        >
        > Positive dennis
        >

        > > Unsigned Podcast Network
        > > Skype:unsignedpodcast
        > > unsignedpodcast@g...
        > >
        > > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
        > > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
        > > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
        > > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
        > >
        > > Podsafe Gear-Gear for Podcasters!
        > > http://podsafegear.com
        > >
        > > http://paulpurionline.com
        > >
        > > Promotion without shame.
        > > Podcasting Announcements
        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcastingannouncements/
        > >
        > > The Official Podcasters Wiki: http://podcasterswiki.com

      • h.hardinge sharp
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
          The podcast brothers have poseted .doc and .pdf versions of an interview
          release form which they went through on show #42 at
          http://www.portablemediaexpo.com/audio.htm

          I haven't used it yet though. They also have a sponsorship agreement form
          which you can download.

          Hugo
          The Oz Wine Show
          www.OzWineShow.com
        • Paula Berinstein
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2006
            Matt, Dennis, Hugo, Tim, and all who answered me on the podcast release
            question, thank you! You have helped immensely!

            Paula

            Paula Berinstein
            The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
            http://www.writingshow.com

            > The podcast brothers have poseted .doc and .pdf versions of an interview
            > release form which they went through on show #42 at
            > http://www.portablemediaexpo.com/audio.htm
            >
            > I haven't used it yet though. They also have a sponsorship agreement
            > form
            > which you can download.
            >
            > Hugo
            > The Oz Wine Show
            > www.OzWineShow.com

            > Communication and networking
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=A8JypvKmrStpN6fDh9U3Og>
            > Computer security
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=1rOpipQ2G5JuUh4FQdtUjw>
            > Computer training
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=DoYkI4Rqe_5Hu64wdfCpSQ>

          • onthedotsoftware
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 8, 2006
              I've been working through the same problem myself, and the problem is
              trying to record just one side of the conversation seperate of the
              other. Wouldn't Skype still record both sides?

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Joe Burgess <reeseslover531@g...>
              wrote:

              > The easiest way to do this is to open two recording applications.
              > One records the line in (or w/e your mic is) and the other records
              > skype.
              >
              > On Jan 2, 2006, at 4:47 PM, James Merante wrote:
              >
              > > I would like to record my side of a phone
              > > conversation separately and record the guest side
              > > separately.
              > >
              > > I am finding that when I use the record function in
              > > Gizmoproject, the caller is always faint, and I am
              > > always loud, no matter how low I set the recording volume.
              > >
              > > I think that if I have a separate file for each side
              > > of the conversation, I can normalize and adjust each
              > > side of the conversation separately.
              > >
              > > I would like to do this without a mixer, if possible.
              > >
              > > Can I set audacity to record the microphone and
              > > windows recorder record the other side of the
              > > conversation using VAC (Virtual Audio Cables)?
              > >
              > > Any advice is appreciated,
              > >
              > > Jim
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Joe Burgess
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 8, 2006
                No, I have audacity and audition running on my computer. I set
                audition to record the audio from my line in. My Audacity is the set
                to record the audio from the stereo out. IT could be called
                WhatIHear if you have a creative card.