Re: [podcasters] Podcasting Mile High Club

  • Joe Burgess
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
      I would definitely tell the people around you what you are doing.
      They might think that you are talking on your cell through some sort
      of headset and get angry. Tell at least the people sitting next you
      and if someone else asks, they can probably defend you.

      On Jan 2, 2006, at 3:43 AM, Paul Puri wrote:

      > Hey Sean,
      >
      > You might want to tell the passengers in the seats
      > around you what you are doing. Spread the word about
      > podcasting. In fact, if they have interesting stories
      > to tell, you might want to include them.
      >
      > If you have any problems with noise, let me know. I
      > have really good noise reduction software and I would
      > be more than happy to run it through.
      >

      > Paul Puri
      >
      > Unsigned Podcast Network
      > Skype:unsignedpodcast
      > unsignedpodcast@...
      >
      > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
      > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
      > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
      >
      > Podsafe Gear-Gear for Podcasters!
      > http://podsafegear.com
      >
      > http://paulpurionline.com
      >
      > Promotion without shame.
      > Podcasting Announcements
      >
      > The Official Podcasters Wiki: http://podcasterswiki.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dave Shepherd
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
        Sean Reiser wrote:

        > I'm going to be spending a lot of time in airplanes this week (some
        > work
        > things, and podcastercon). I was thinking of doing some recording in
        > the plane but am worried about the background noise. Does anyone have
        > advice on dos and don'ts for airplane 'casting?

        FWIW, the most interesting Morning Coffee Notes podcast I have every
        heard, far and away, was when Dave Winer was on a plane to New Orleans
        and interviewed the woman sitting next to him about returning to NO to
        check on her destroyed house.

        IIRC, he just used his little Archos thingy to record. It sounded fine.
        They paused whenever the crew came on the PA, and otherwise spoke to
        each other over the Archos.

        This would have been cn05Dec13.mp3, posted on December 14.

        I get annoyed with Dave sometimes, but this MCN was a stroke of genius.

        Dave

      • Dennis De Jarnette
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
          I was just wondering exactly what you are recording to be a part of the
          mile high club? Can we trade audio files?

          Positive Dennis