Re: [podcasters] Podcasting Mile High Club

  • Paul Puri
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hey Sean,

      You might want to tell the passengers in the seats
      around you what you are doing. Spread the word about
      podcasting. In fact, if they have interesting stories
      to tell, you might want to include them.

      If you have any problems with noise, let me know. I
      have really good noise reduction software and I would
      be more than happy to run it through.

      Paul Puri

      Unsigned Podcast Network
      Skype:unsignedpodcast
      unsignedpodcast@...

      The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
      The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
      The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

      Podsafe Gear-Gear for Podcasters!
      http://podsafegear.com

      http://paulpurionline.com

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements

    • Joe Burgess
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
        I would definitely tell the people around you what you are doing.
        They might think that you are talking on your cell through some sort
        of headset and get angry. Tell at least the people sitting next you
        and if someone else asks, they can probably defend you.

        On Jan 2, 2006, at 3:43 AM, Paul Puri wrote:

        > Hey Sean,
        >
        > You might want to tell the passengers in the seats
        > around you what you are doing. Spread the word about
        > podcasting. In fact, if they have interesting stories
        > to tell, you might want to include them.
        >
        > If you have any problems with noise, let me know. I
        > have really good noise reduction software and I would
        > be more than happy to run it through.
        >

        > Paul Puri
        >
        > Unsigned Podcast Network
        > Skype:unsignedpodcast
        > unsignedpodcast@...
        >
        > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
        > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
        > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
        > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
        >
        > Podsafe Gear-Gear for Podcasters!
        > http://podsafegear.com
        >
        > http://paulpurionline.com
        >
        > Promotion without shame.
        > Podcasting Announcements
        >
        > The Official Podcasters Wiki: http://podcasterswiki.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Dave Shepherd
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
          Sean Reiser wrote:

          > I'm going to be spending a lot of time in airplanes this week (some
          > work
          > things, and podcastercon). I was thinking of doing some recording in
          > the plane but am worried about the background noise. Does anyone have
          > advice on dos and don'ts for airplane 'casting?

          FWIW, the most interesting Morning Coffee Notes podcast I have every
          heard, far and away, was when Dave Winer was on a plane to New Orleans
          and interviewed the woman sitting next to him about returning to NO to
          check on her destroyed house.

          IIRC, he just used his little Archos thingy to record. It sounded fine.
          They paused whenever the crew came on the PA, and otherwise spoke to
          each other over the Archos.

          This would have been cn05Dec13.mp3, posted on December 14.

          I get annoyed with Dave sometimes, but this MCN was a stroke of genius.

          Dave

        • Dennis De Jarnette
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
            I was just wondering exactly what you are recording to be a part of the
            mile high club? Can we trade audio files?

            Positive Dennis