Re: [podcasters] Podcasting Mile High Club

  • robert
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hi Sean,

      I did some recording on a plane back in January of last year when I
      was flying to and from India and then again in Feb when I went to China.

      I used a Noise Canceling USB head set. It actually sounded pretty
      good all things considered.

      My headset was the one that comes with IBM's via voice. Andrea Anti-
      Noise USB NC-7100

      Good luck and please say hi at the podcasterCon.

      Rob W
      podCast411

      On Jan 2, 2006, at 12:07 AM, Sean Reiser wrote:

      > Folks-
      >
      > I'm going to be spending a lot of time in airplanes this week (some
      > work
      > things, and podcastercon). I was thinking of doing some recording in
      > the plane but am worried about the background noise. Does anyone have
      > advice on dos and don'ts for airplane 'casting?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > --
      > Sean Reiser
      > The Interocitorcast, http://www.interocitorcast.com
      > because podcasting is thinking small
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Paul Puri
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hey Sean,

        You might want to tell the passengers in the seats
        around you what you are doing. Spread the word about
        podcasting. In fact, if they have interesting stories
        to tell, you might want to include them.

        If you have any problems with noise, let me know. I
        have really good noise reduction software and I would
        be more than happy to run it through.

        Paul Puri

        Unsigned Podcast Network
        Skype:unsignedpodcast
        unsignedpodcast@...

        The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
        The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
        The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
        The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

        Podsafe Gear-Gear for Podcasters!
        http://podsafegear.com

        http://paulpurionline.com

        Promotion without shame.
        Podcasting Announcements

      • Joe Burgess
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
          I would definitely tell the people around you what you are doing.
          They might think that you are talking on your cell through some sort
          of headset and get angry. Tell at least the people sitting next you
          and if someone else asks, they can probably defend you.

          On Jan 2, 2006, at 3:43 AM, Paul Puri wrote:

          > Hey Sean,
          >
          > You might want to tell the passengers in the seats
          > around you what you are doing. Spread the word about
          > podcasting. In fact, if they have interesting stories
          > to tell, you might want to include them.
          >
          > If you have any problems with noise, let me know. I
          > have really good noise reduction software and I would
          > be more than happy to run it through.
          >

          > Paul Puri
          >
          > Unsigned Podcast Network
          > Skype:unsignedpodcast
          > unsignedpodcast@...
          >
          > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
          > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
          > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
          > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
          >
          > Podsafe Gear-Gear for Podcasters!
          > http://podsafegear.com
          >
          > http://paulpurionline.com
          >
          > Promotion without shame.
          > Podcasting Announcements
          >
          > The Official Podcasters Wiki: http://podcasterswiki.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Dave Shepherd
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
            Sean Reiser wrote:

            > I'm going to be spending a lot of time in airplanes this week (some
            > work
            > things, and podcastercon). I was thinking of doing some recording in
            > the plane but am worried about the background noise. Does anyone have
            > advice on dos and don'ts for airplane 'casting?

            FWIW, the most interesting Morning Coffee Notes podcast I have every
            heard, far and away, was when Dave Winer was on a plane to New Orleans
            and interviewed the woman sitting next to him about returning to NO to
            check on her destroyed house.

            IIRC, he just used his little Archos thingy to record. It sounded fine.
            They paused whenever the crew came on the PA, and otherwise spoke to
            each other over the Archos.

            This would have been cn05Dec13.mp3, posted on December 14.

            I get annoyed with Dave sometimes, but this MCN was a stroke of genius.

            Dave

          • Dennis De Jarnette
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
              I was just wondering exactly what you are recording to be a part of the
              mile high club? Can we trade audio files?

              Positive Dennis