Re: [podcasters] .Mac transfer increases suggest...

  • Andy Armstrong
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      On 1 Jan 2006, at 21:53, Rishabh Kumar wrote:
      > I think its because apple is realizing that videos take lots of
      > bandwidth, and for people to back up all those videos they've
      > purchased
      > from the iTMS, they need a lot of bandwidth

      Storage surely? The bandwidth limit has more to do with files that
      you make public - it'd be hard to exceed it doing backups.

      --
      Andy Armstrong, hexten.net
    • Joe Burgess
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        plus, if he was worried about video, he would have upped the storage,
        not bandwidth
        On Jan 1, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Andy Armstrong wrote:

        > On 1 Jan 2006, at 21:53, Rishabh Kumar wrote:
        >> I think its because apple is realizing that videos take lots of
        >> bandwidth, and for people to back up all those videos they've
        >> purchased
        >> from the iTMS, they need a lot of bandwidth
        >
        > Storage surely? The bandwidth limit has more to do with files that
        > you make public - it'd be hard to exceed it doing backups.
        >
        > --
        > Andy Armstrong, hexten.net

      • Steve Garfield
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
          Where in your .Mac account would you see monthly transfer allowances?

          On Jan 1, 2006, at 4:08 PM, Les Posen wrote:

          > Various mac based users with dot-Mac accounts are reporting overnight
          > an increase in monthly transfer allowances in their account settings
          > up to 1TB.
          >
          > I believe this is up from 10GB for the standard account (1GB storage).

          --Steve
          --
          Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
          On the road: CES 1/7-1/8, Macworld 1/9-1/10