Re: [podcasters] .Mac transfer increases suggest...

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      On 1/1/06, Les Posen <lesposen@...> wrote:
      > [Possibilities...]
      >
      > 4. Who knows? Steve was feeling generous.

      5. It was a glitch, and they'll fix it tomorrow. >8->

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • Rishabh Kumar
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        I think its because apple is realizing that videos take lots of
        bandwidth, and for people to back up all those videos they've purchased
        from the iTMS, they need a lot of bandwidth
        -Shooby
      • Andy Armstrong
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
          On 1 Jan 2006, at 21:53, Rishabh Kumar wrote:
          > I think its because apple is realizing that videos take lots of
          > bandwidth, and for people to back up all those videos they've
          > purchased
          > from the iTMS, they need a lot of bandwidth

          Storage surely? The bandwidth limit has more to do with files that
          you make public - it'd be hard to exceed it doing backups.

          --
          Andy Armstrong, hexten.net
        • Joe Burgess
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
            plus, if he was worried about video, he would have upped the storage,
            not bandwidth
            On Jan 1, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Andy Armstrong wrote:

            > On 1 Jan 2006, at 21:53, Rishabh Kumar wrote:
            >> I think its because apple is realizing that videos take lots of
            >> bandwidth, and for people to back up all those videos they've
            >> purchased
            >> from the iTMS, they need a lot of bandwidth
            >
            > Storage surely? The bandwidth limit has more to do with files that
            > you make public - it'd be hard to exceed it doing backups.
            >
            > --
            > Andy Armstrong, hexten.net

          • Steve Garfield
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2006
              Where in your .Mac account would you see monthly transfer allowances?

              On Jan 1, 2006, at 4:08 PM, Les Posen wrote:

              > Various mac based users with dot-Mac accounts are reporting overnight
              > an increase in monthly transfer allowances in their account settings
              > up to 1TB.
              >
              > I believe this is up from 10GB for the standard account (1GB storage).

              --Steve
              --
              Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
              On the road: CES 1/7-1/8, Macworld 1/9-1/10