Re: [podcasters] Looking for information about user agent: Microsoft BITS/6.6

  • Joshua Kinberg
    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 31, 2005
      what software are you referring to?
      Microsoft BITS is not an aggregator -- it is a technology that can be
      built into an aggregator though.

      -Josh

      On 12/31/05, George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:
      > --- Nicole Simon <nisi@...> wrote:
      >
      > > George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:
      > > >Well, the software definitely has some "issues." I downloaded it to try it
      > > out
      > > >and it started download all shows of the podcast I initially selected (well
      > > >over 100),
      > >
      > > Well, let me guess. The RSS feed contained all of them ...
      >
      > Nicole -
      >
      > Right. Perhaps my wording was not as good as it might have been.
      >
      > Every podcatcher I've ever tried looks to download the most recent show as the
      > default. This gave no choice as to which shows in the podcast were to be
      > downloaded and started downloading all 100 shows available. No way for me to
      > tell it to download only the most recent.
      >
      > Cheers -
      >
      > george
      >
      > -------------------------------------
      > Eclectic Mix - http://EclecticMix.com
      > DRiP Investing - http://DRiPInvesting.org
      > Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com
      > Podcaster News - http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=21

      > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      > dsl.yahoo.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Andy Armstrong
      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 5, 2006
        On 4 Mar 2006, at 22:55, Liberated Syndication Support wrote:
        > Hey Guys,
        > Just catching up on the thread. I believe Blunt over here is talking
        > with Andre right now to come up with a resolution. We want what's
        > best for the podcasters, so we will get fixes in for this and make
        > sure that we have functionality for IE and Vista. We are not always
        > sure what is friendly/unfriendly as far as all the variations of
        > traffic that we get, it can be confusing at times. In the end we are
        > just trying to build the best system we can. Any Microsoft eyes out
        > there? We'd love to have your shop talk ear for a minute.

        I'll keep this brief - I'm already in trouble for my vaguely
        obsessive response to this issue :)

        1) You know that this isn't a Microsoft specific issue, right? I'm
        seeing a lot of 206 response
        codes for PSPRssChannel-agent/1.0.0 libhttp/1.0.0 too.

        2) So we can keep some of the more impenetrable geekery off this list
        I've started a mailing list
        for hardcore podcasting tech:

        It's a place where we can talk about servers, clients, protocols,
        XML, RSS in a robust way
        without polluting this list.

        --
        Andy Armstrong, hexten.net