Re: [podcasters] Charging for Podcasts

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 31, 2005
      Juliann <juliann@...> wrote:
      >I would feel uncomfortable about accepting advertising
      >unless it was a company I really believed in, but in any case the
      >audience is too small/niche for others to notice anyway ;)

      Juliann, I think it is very good of you to keep the podcast free of charge.
      But you might want to rethink the advertisement approach, especially on the
      niche factor.

      As you say 'unless you believe in them' is key. Try to monitor the next
      weeks, which products you are using and if you believe in them and think
      about approaching these companies for advertising.

      As for your book casts, I would assume that you should do all of your links
      with Amazon IDs so you can at least get some money from them. Be aware to
      choose the correct "deep" link to get the most out of them.

      Additional benefit joing the amazon program if I remember correctly: You
      are allowed to display the cover of books for which you otherwise would
      have to get permission on each one.

      Google Adsense and Amazon Ids can be mixed as long as you have 'fixed'
      advertisement from Amazon or other affiliates.

      hth
      NIcole
      --
      blog: http://crueltobekind.org