Horsecrap List

  • Clinton Meyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2005
      This has degraded into a horse-crap list with tons of junk... and all the
      mindless banter has overshadowed any useful podcast nuggets... so the good
      stuff gets buried in a pile of dung.

      I hope somebody starts a new list and can keep personality discussions
      private rather than broadcasting this crap to everybody.

      Let me know if somebody does start a new podcasting list that has useful
      info and not all this spam.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 28, 2005
        --- Clinton Meyer <sunworks@...> wrote:
        > This has degraded into a horse-crap list with tons
        > of junk... and all the
        > mindless banter has overshadowed any useful podcast
        > nuggets... so the good
        > stuff gets buried in a pile of dung.
        > I hope somebody starts a new list and can keep
        > personality discussions
        > private rather than broadcasting this crap to
        > everybody.
        > Let me know if somebody does start a new podcasting
        > list that has useful
        > info and not all this spam.

        This is actually an excellant list. It contains a
        diverse demographics and is a great example of who the
        podcasting population is composed of.

        Don't let a couple of days of people with too much
        time on their hands(myself included) ruin it for you.
        The history of this list will show that every once in
        awhile, for a few days it will get out of hand, but
        will return to normal. In fact, the last time this
        happened, someone just like you got fed up and sent an
        email about how bad the list was getting. That person
        is still here.

        I hope you will stay because we are much stronger
        because you are here.

        Much love,

        Paul Puri

        Unsigned Podcast Network
        Skype:unsignedpodcast
        unsignedpodcast@...

        The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
        The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
        The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
        The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

        Podsafe Gear-Gear for Podcasters!
        http://podsafegear.com

        http://paulpurionline.com

        Promotion without shame.
        Podcasting Announcements

      • Dennis De Jarnette
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 28, 2005
          I have not read most of this stuff yet, as much as I like the Banter
          back and forth there just is not enough time to read a list when it
          becomes this unmanageable. It would seem to me to be prudent and ask a
          question:

          DO I really want 1000 + people to get this in their mailbox? Is it spam?

          Positive Dennis

        • Tony Marino
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 28, 2005
            Hello Clinton!

            You are certainly welcome over at the PodCast Marketing Group.
            We do NOT tolerate anything but true and positive posts promoting
            the healthy growth of our emerging industry.

            Here we ALL value each other!

            It's all about building processes and solutions that progressively
            reflect thoughts, opinions and results through the implementation of
            audio as well as video podcast disciplines and technology.

            Please do come and bring your enthusiasm with you!

            You are always welcome!

            All the very best,

            Tony

            CEO, Founder
            America Web Works, LLC.
            http://www.AmeticaWebWorks.com

            Host, PodCast Radio Show
            http://radio.weblogs.com/0144135/

            --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Clinton Meyer" <sunworks@s...>
            wrote:

            > This has degraded into a horse-crap list with tons of junk... and
            all the
            > mindless banter has overshadowed any useful podcast nuggets... so
            the good
            > stuff gets buried in a pile of dung.
            >
            > I hope somebody starts a new list and can keep personality
            discussions
            > private rather than broadcasting this crap to everybody.
            >
            > Let me know if somebody does start a new podcasting list that has
            useful
            > info and not all this spam.

          • Andy Armstrong
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 28, 2005
              On 28 Dec 2005, at 19:58, Clinton Meyer wrote:
              > Let me know if somebody does start a new podcasting list that has
              > useful
              > info and not all this spam.

              Why not contribute some useful info and help the signal to noise
              ratio? A mailing list, like life, is what you make of it.

              --
              Andy Armstrong, hexten.net