Re: Podcasting Predictions

  • podbat
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 23, 2005
      Excellent post. And I have to say I agree with all of it.

      Though I will add that I think the tools, systems, platforms and
      devices available for people to listen to, or produce podcasts will
      improve and evolve dramatically.

      Also, I think that people will accept the 'podcasting' is a multimedia
      (ad)venture ;)

      audio podcasts. video podcasts. interactive podcasts. dictacasting.
      etc. whatever.

      I would also bet on there being the tools (and xml formats) available
      for time-based annotation (via opml or rss extensions) for notes,
      search, seek and synchronisation.

      Have a GREAT Christmas EVERYONE!! And let's look forward to next
      Christmas, when the 'pod-o-spere' will have evolved another year...

      anyone got any predictions on what next year's predictions will be?

      :))

      Cheers!!
      Kosso/Podbat/Blugg
      [split personality? moi?]

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "George Colombo"
      <ultimatepodcasting@y...> wrote:

      > In our lastest podcast, Curt Franklin (my co-author on "The Absolute
      Beginner's Guide to
      > Podcasting') and I make some predictions about what's ahead for the
      world of podcasting
      > in 2006 (a time-honored, end-of-the-year tradition for pundits of
      all types). You can
      > check out the entire podcast at http://ultimatepodcasting.com but,
      for the record, here's
      > what we predicted:
      >
      > Curt
      > 1. The world of podcasting will continue its exponential growth in 2006.
      > 2. Podcasting will become an important part of the overall media
      mix, finding its place
      > alongside more traditional print and broadcast media.
      > 3. Video podcasting will grow significantly.
      >
      > George
      > 1. The podcasting scene in 2006 will be dominated by repurposed
      content from other
      > media.
      > 2. Local and regional podcasts will begin to emerge, assuming many
      of the roles that radio
      > once played.
      > 3. Podcasting will begin to emerge as a business communications tool.
      >
      > So, with all the great podcasting minds that troll around this
      forum, I'm wondering about
      > everyone else's predictions for the year ahead. It would be
      interesting for all of us to go on