New Podcasts

  • thedobyshow
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 20, 2005
      Hello! My name is Doby. I am a girl living in Hollwood. I have two
      podcasts up with more to come at:

      http://www.thedobyshow.com/podcast
    • Phillip (MacPhilly) Zannini
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 20, 2005
        Hey Doby,

        Welcome to the podcast world :-) Where did you get those great controls for
        playing your podcast right on the site?

        Best,
        Phillip

        --
        ______\\\\////________
        Phillip J. Zannini
        Author: A Mac Eye for the Windows Guy (c)
        -----------------
        MacNation
        RSS: feeds.feedburner.com/MacPhilly
        http://macphilly.com/
      • Les Posen
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 20, 2005
          Agreed, nice layout! Good work!

          What do others think about the absence of info - I listened to part
          of 1, but I'm still figuring it out...

          Les

          On 21/12/2005, at 1:41 PM, Phillip (MacPhilly) Zannini wrote:

          > Hey Doby,
          >
          > Welcome to the podcast world :-) Where did you get those great
          > controls for
          > playing your podcast right on the site?
          >
          > Best,
          > Phillip
          >
          > On 12/20/05, thedobyshow <thedobyshow@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hello! My name is Doby. I am a girl living in Hollwood. I have two
          >> podcasts up with more to come at:
          >>
          >> http://www.thedobyshow.com/podcast
          >>

          > --
          > ______\\\\////________
          > Phillip J. Zannini
          > Host: MacNation and Metro Moment
          > Author: A Mac Eye for the Windows Guy (c)
          > -----------------
          > MacNation
          > RSS: feeds.feedburner.com/MacPhilly
          > http://macphilly.com/

          > ~-->
          > Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this
          > holiday season!
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

        • Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 20, 2005
            Phillip (MacPhilly) Zannini wrote:
            > Welcome to the podcast world :-) Where did you get those great controls for
            > playing your podcast right on the site?

            See his footer... that's your basic Loudblog installation, right there.
            Nice piece of software... Nicole, I think, suggests it all the time.

            --
            Matthew Wayne Selznick
            MWS Media
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 20, 2005
              Will look at footer.

              Yah, I was kinda confused as to the purpose of the podcast. Like, for
              instance, I'm sitting here with my wife wrapping presents and I had no idea
              what I was going to hear...

              Best,
              Phillip

              Author: A Mac Eye for the Windows Guy (c)
              -----------------
              MacNation
              RSS: feeds.feedburner.com/MacPhilly
              http://macphilly.com/
            • Nicole Simon
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 21, 2005
                Matthew Wayne Selznick <mws@...> wrote:
                > Nice piece of software... Nicole, I think, suggests it all the time.

                Well, I need to keep my titel of international marketing for that piece.
                ;)))

                Actually, it is easier than installint all of loudblog, although I of
                course encourage you to do so. ;)))

                Loudblog, a full podcast system (which comes with some blogging stuff as
                well) with feed and all, uses additionally / automatically for your entries
                a flash player on your podcast blog.

                This is the player:
                http://www.marcreichelt.de/spezial/musicplayer/

                and you can use it on your server as well, if you do a little bit of adding
                to your blog entry (you need to be able to insert html code).

                Loudblog not only uses it, but some of the skins have modified version of
                the player - and they look much nicer than the original ;))))
                http://loudblog.de/index.php?s=download

                You can use the emff.swf file from each of the templates and just install
                them. Be nice and make an entry linking back to both of loudblog and the
                flash player so they get some search engine love from you if you use them.

                Now, what if you want to have your own customized version?
                As far as I understood Gerrit you just need a bitmap picture and can adapt
                the player. I am no flash girl, but it sounded kind of doable once you know
                how this goes.

                If you can do flash, I would suggest you just open some of the customized
                players and look for differences / similarities. :))

                And now you know why I need to be nice to Gerrit - he knows how to do them
                and I need a more general one in just grey or so. ;)))
                hth
                Nicole

                --
                blog: http://crueltobekind.org

                podcast: http://useful-sounds.de
                Frappr me: http://www.frappr.com/usefulsounds
              • Pat Cook
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 16, 2010
                  Hi everyone:

                  Just wanted to let everyone know that I've been working on some new
                  podcasts over this past weekend. They are as follows.....

                  Pat's Old Time Radio Collection - http://patsotrcollection.mevio.com/
                  (Without soap operas though)
                  Pat's Old Time Radio Soap Opera Collection -
                  http://patsotrsoaps.mevio.com/ (Soap Operas ONLY)
                  Whatever Became Of..... - http://whateverbecameof.mevio.com/
                  Pat's Classic TV Soap Opera Collection -
                  http://patsclassictvsoaps.mevio.com/

                  "Whatever Became Of" is a collection of conversational interviews with
                  the stars of Old Time Radio which were recorded way back in the 1960s &
                  1970s by WEBO-FM (Now WBAI-FM) 99.5 in New York & hosted by Richard
                  Lamparsky. These shows are believed to be public domain.

                  In fact, ALL Old Time Radio shows prior to 1978 not owned by the Conde
                  Naste estate are public domain. Those owned by Conde Naste are
                  copyrighted regardless of year. As such, they are suitable for podcasting.

                  Feel free to check out all those podcasts & subscribe to their RSS Feeds.

                  Enjoy!

                  Cheers :D

                  --
                  Pat Cook
                  HOST - The Left Wing Conservative Talk Show