Re: [podcasters] Today's Daily Source Code (289)

  • Dave Jackson
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 1, 2005
      Amen!
      I had one sponsor interested in my podcast for Musicians (www.coolerpodcasts.com ) and the negotiation, the paperwork, and I have nowhere NEAR 1000 listeners. My advice would be pick a price, and if they try to haggle, tell them to go away. Yo're providing a niche, and like Tim said, it's not worth the gas money you get (at this point). One thing people might forget, we already where "producer" and "Promoter" hats as we upload and pimp our podcasts, but the "Sales" hat is not a fun or easy hat to where ( I was a copier salesmen for about 9 days). I'm hoping some of these networks, and podtracs of the world do well as we can leave the selling to them, and we can focus on the content.

      Dave Jackson
      www.schoolofpodcasting.com
      Message 47 of 47 , Dec 2, 2005
        On 2 Dec 2005, at 02:56, Scott Parent wrote:
        > the site just appears to be down...404...whatever...no message
        > stating why it's down...

        Just to be pedantic :)

        You won't get a 404 because a) that means 'File not found' and b) the
        server won't even let you connect - so you won't get any status code
        back from it.

        --
        Andy Armstrong, hexten.net