Re: [podcasters] Go Daddy Limiting Data Transfer?

  • Scott Parent
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 1, 2005
      HI Everyone,

      So I just got off the phone with John at Go Daddy. He is the advanced
      hosting support supervisor. He was very helpful actually.

      Here is the dealfor anyone that cares. There is a limit of 50 simultaneous
      connections to your website at any given time. So if you have a 51st person
      try to hit your site, your site will appear to be down. That means if you
      host your podcast on their servers and it takes 50 people 2-3 minutes to
      download your podcast, you site will be down until one or more of those
      people disconnects.

      So, my conclusion from this is that while Go Daddy may work to host your
      blog and possibly your RSS feed, it will NOT work to host your files. I
      mentioned to John that it would be helpful to explain this connection rule
      in their hosting package description.

      So, there it is from the horses mouth. At this point I cannot recommend Go
      Daddy for hosting your podcast files. It would also be a good question to
      pose to any other company that you are considering going with because they
      may have the same rules.

      Hope this is helpful.

      -Scott
      American Cliche

      On 12/1/05, Jeff Bishop <jeff.bishop@...> wrote:

      > Man, this is not good at all!
      >
      > Let's hope that Todd's contact will have more assistance <sad face>.
      >
      > If this continues to be the case, I will move my site and not recommend
      > their services.

    • Andy Armstrong
      Message 47 of 47 , Dec 2, 2005
        On 2 Dec 2005, at 02:56, Scott Parent wrote:
        > the site just appears to be down...404...whatever...no message
        > stating why it's down...

        Just to be pedantic :)

        You won't get a 404 because a) that means 'File not found' and b) the
        server won't even let you connect - so you won't get any status code
        back from it.

        --
        Andy Armstrong, hexten.net