Re: [podcasters] Podcasterswiki.com is a go!!

  • Matt Kane's Brain
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
      You may want to keep an eye on this:
      http://www.podcasterswiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges

      On Thu, December 1, 2005 12:09, Paul Puri said:
      > --- Matt Kane's Brain <mkb@...> wrote:
      >> I have already messed around with my user page and
      >> created an article.
      >> It's probably good to let people play willy-nilly
      >> for a while and then
      >> figure out where the problems are and put in some
      >> content policies or
      >> procedures where necessary. With a diligent
      >> community it's typically not a
      >> problem.
      >
      > I have the same feeling. I don't think any of us would
      > want to pee in our own sandbox. There are no set plans
      > as of yet, but I am depending on the community to find
      > a direction. In both content and design. But we can
      > focus on getting a feel for where we want to go.

      /* Halley */ (Halley's comment.)
      matt kane's brain
      podcast | http://www.hydrogenproject.com | netradio | on-the-air
      mkb@... || AIM: mkbatwerk
    • Paul Puri
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
        --- Matt Kane's Brain <mkb@...> wrote:
        > I have already messed around with my user page and
        > created an article.
        > It's probably good to let people play willy-nilly
        > for a while and then
        > figure out where the problems are and put in some
        > content policies or
        > procedures where necessary. With a diligent
        > community it's typically not a
        > problem.

        I have the same feeling. I don't think any of us would
        want to pee in our own sandbox. There are no set plans
        as of yet, but I am depending on the community to find
        a direction. In both content and design. But we can
        focus on getting a feel for where we want to go.
      • Michael Ridley
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
          Awesome, Paul!

          -m
          On 12/1/05, Paul Puri <prp6040@...> wrote:
          > I repeat, we have wiki. We have wiki.
          >
          > http://www.podcasterswiki.com/
          >
          > Obviously a work in progress, but ready for posting. I
          > am new to the whole wiki world, so I appreciate all
          > the offers to help.
          >
          > I'd like to really, really thank Stephen Eley for
          > hosting the wiki.
          >
          > Now start posting, and let me know what ideas you have
          > for improving and making it pretty. Any questions, ask
          > myself or Stephen, if that is ok with you Stephen? ;)

          -m
          http://www.secretelite.com/michael
        • Paul Puri
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
            --- Matt Kane's Brain <mkb@...> wrote:
            > You may want to keep an eye on this:
            http://www.podcasterswiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges

            Will do. Thanks.

            Paul Puri
            Unsigned Podcast Network

            Skype:unsignedpodcast
            The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
            The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
            The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
            The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

            Promotion without shame.
            Podcasting Announcements
          • Matthew Wayne Selznick
            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
              Woo hoo!!!!

              Now what? :-)

              --
              Matthew Wayne Selznick
              MWS Media
              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                Great Job

                On 12/1/05, Paul Puri <prp6040@...> wrote:

                > --- Matt Kane's Brain <mkb@...> wrote:
                > > You may want to keep an eye on this:
                > http://www.podcasterswiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges
                >
                > Will do. Thanks.
                >

                > Paul Puri
                > Unsigned Podcast Network
                >
                > Skype:unsignedpodcast
                > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
                >
                > Promotion without shame.
                > Podcasting Announcements

                Gary Leland

                http://www.podcastpickle.com

                http://www.sportpodcasts.com

              • Paul Puri
                Message 7 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                  --- Matthew Wayne Selznick <mws@...> wrote:
                  > Woo hoo!!!!
                  > Now what? :-)

                  Start posting!!

                  There is a spot to ad web hosts, please put yours
                  there. Special events section, you can put an
                  announcement of the 2nd installment of an interview
                  you did with a certain sexy voiced podcast peronality.
                  It will be up next wednesday.

                  Also, i will be hosting my personal blog on MWS
                  hosting. I will announce when it is up.

                  Message 8 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                    I'm doing a section on the wiki for new podcasters so
                    we can send them there first now. What sites are good
                    resources for new ones.

                    I already put podcast411 and podcastrigs forum.

                    What else is there. We can divide into sections such
                    as RSS, etc need be.

                    Give some ideas or add some of your own in the "New
                    Podcasters Start Here" section.

                    By the way, You guys are doing a fantastic job. I
                    cannot believe what has happened in the span of
                    several hours. My hats off to the community, and I
                    can't wait to see what happens in the next few weeks.

                    Much love,

                    Message 9 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                      I also just added a new Table of Contents heading:
                      "Networking"

                      And under that, a concept I've been dying to try in real life. Check
                      out "Maneki Neko"

                      Paul Puri wrote:
                      > By the way, You guys are doing a fantastic job. I
                      > cannot believe what has happened in the span of
                      > several hours. My hats off to the community, and I
                      > can't wait to see what happens in the next few weeks.

                      --
                      Matthew Wayne Selznick
                      MWS Media
                      http://www.mwsmedia.com
                      760-964-8044
                      SKYPE / GIZMO: mwsmedia
                      "Because doing it yourself
                      should never mean going it alone."
                    • Geek
                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                        Did you all talk to Doug Kaye? Seems like a lot of duplication of work going
                        on, it sure would be nice to try and focus these efforts under one
                        initative.

                        Todd.

                        _____

[...]

                        Communication
                        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi
                        cation+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&c=2&s=77&.sig
                        =ozdeqSR9iHuNl4GM8mtT5w> and networking Wireless
                        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w
                        1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&c=2&
                        s=77&.sig=C2VMYm3EZ13VjeE5NNaKDg> communication and networking

                        _____

                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        * Visit your group "podcasters
                        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

                        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                        _____

                      • Paul Puri
                        Message 11 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                          --- Matthew Wayne Selznick <mws@...> wrote:
                          > I also just added a new Table of Contents heading:
                          > "Networking"
                          > And under that, a concept I've been dying to try in
                          > real life. Check
                          > out "Maneki Neko"

                          What a freaking great idea!!

                          Message 12 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                            I've added my personal "user" page, and I added AMP and Dying Giraffe
                            Recordings to the Music section.

                            Bravo, Paul!

                            Message 13 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                              --- Geek <geek@...> wrote:
                              > Did you all talk to Doug Kaye? Seems like a lot of
                              > duplication of work going
                              > on, it sure would be nice to try and focus these
                              > efforts under one
                              > initative.

                              He's doing a wiki? Actually, I did talk a little with
                              him, but he is a very busy guy. point me in the
                              direction of the similiar things he is doing, and I
                              will see what is overlapping, and maybe just point
                              links to them.

                              Message 14 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                                --- Matthew Wayne Selznick <mws@...> wrote:
                                > I've added my personal "user" page, and I added AMP
                                > and Dying Giraffe
                                > Recordings to the Music section.
                                > Bravo, Paul!

                                Thanks Matt,

                                I just looked at the user page and I am obviously
                                listed as the sysop. But why am I a bureaucrat?

                                ;)

                                Message 15 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                                  Well I don't think we need to duplicate efforts - we can just link to
                                  Doug's work on the wiki...

                                  Mainly what I want is for people to post their podcasting setups - cuz
                                  there is so much key information that goes out on this list and is
                                  promptly forgotten (by me) as far as what people are using for
                                  production. That's the main resource that I don't see out there in a
                                  centralized place...

                                  -m

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                                    Just added "Hardware" and "Software" under "New Podcasters Start Here."

                                    Recommend using each page to list links to actual detail pages of
                                    equipment and programs.

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                                      On 12/1/05, Geek <geek@...> wrote:
                                      > Did you all talk to Doug Kaye? Seems like a lot of duplication of work going
                                      > on, it sure would be nice to try and focus these efforts under one
                                      > initative.

                                      The short answer is "Yes." Both Paul and I have been in contact with Doug Kaye.

                                      http://www.escapepod.info
                                    • OLE NETSPC
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                                        Is there an archive of the mailing list? If not perhaps there's a way of
                                        archiving the e-mails and making them available, something like the
                                        media-motion mailing list.
                                        > Mainly what I want is for people to post their podcasting setups - cuz
                                        > there is so much key information that goes out on this list and is
                                        > promptly forgotten (by me) as far as what people are using for
                                        > production. That's the main resource that I don't see out there in a
                                        > centralized place...

                                      • Michael Ridley
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Dec 1, 2005
                                          Well it's a Yahoo! mailing list so they archive at least some of it.
                                          I'm not sure how far back they archive. But I still think the wiki is
                                          the way to go because it's hard to search through a mailing list
                                          archive for things like what gear people use. I mean, you can do it,
                                          but I don't think it's as efficient as just having a clearinghouse. I
                                          read this list on my gmail account (obviously) so I have all the past
                                          mail archived off in gmail and I could search it, but again...not
                                          efficient.

                                          I think there are two separate angles here - the mailing list is good
                                          for people to discuss their setups, get feedback, get help with
                                          technical problems, etc. - but then it would be nice if the outcome of
                                          the conversation were distilled down into an informational page on the
                                          wiki for later reference.

                                          Just my opinion, of course.

                                          -m

                                          On 12/1/05, OLE NETSPC <odsturm@...> wrote:
                                          > Is there an archive of the mailing list? If not perhaps there's a way of
                                          > archiving the e-mails and making them available, something like the
                                          > media-motion mailing list.
                                          > > Mainly what I want is for people to post their podcasting setups - cuz
                                          > > there is so much key information that goes out on this list and is
                                          > > promptly forgotten (by me) as far as what people are using for
                                          > > production. That's the main resource that I don't see out there in a
                                          > > centralized place...

                                          -m
                                          http://www.secretelite.com/michael
                                        • ronharpervoice
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Dec 2, 2005
                                            Just wanted to add my 2cents - Paul, Very nice, easy to navigate wiki.
                                            Kudos to you!
                                          • Paul Puri
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Dec 2, 2005
                                              --- ronharpervoice <ronharpervoice@...> wrote:
                                              > Just wanted to add my 2cents - Paul, Very nice, easy
                                              > to navigate wiki.
                                              > Kudos to you!

                                              It was actually Stephen Eleys choice as to which wiki
                                              to pick. And if not for him, it probably wouldn't have
                                              happened as quickly as it did. So everyone kiss the
                                              ground upon which Stephen walks and commit hari cari
                                              if you should insult his family or dojo. Or you could
                                              just give him a hug.

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Dec 2, 2005
                                                On 12/2/05, Paul Puri <prp6040@...> wrote:

                                                > It was actually Stephen Eleys choice as to which wiki
                                                > to pick. And if not for him, it probably wouldn't have
                                                > happened as quickly as it did.

                                                I appreciate Paul's kind words, but a necessary credit deflation: all
                                                I did was create some Web space for him inside my Dreamhost account,
                                                and use Dreamhost's "one-click install" for MediaWiki. It wasn't that
                                                big a deal. Took less than an hour.

                                                > [ ...] and commit hari cari
                                                > if you should insult his family or dojo.

                                                For the record, there are three people in my life whom one must never
                                                insult. I am not one of them. Nor are any of them on this list.

                                                It'd be kind of cool to have a dojo, though.

                                                > Or you could just give him a hug.

                                                I'll hug pretty much anyone. (And suddenly everyone's grateful that I
                                                wasn't at the Expo...) >8->

                                                http://www.escapepod.info
                                              • Ryan Ozawa
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Dec 2, 2005
                                                  Don't forget the Voxmedia wiki, which also has a podcasting section
                                                  (the most active resource being the page on AAC chapters) --
                                                  directories, software, hardware, events:

                                                  http://voxmedia.org/wiki/Audio

                                                  Anyway, as y'all passionately spread the word about other great
                                                  resources and information, feel free to add your information and
                                                  insights there as well! And a link to PodcastersWiki as well. <g>

                                                  --
                                                  Ryan
                                                  HawaiiUP - Podcasting in paradise. - http://www.hawaiiup.com/lost