libsyn question

  • Tony Comstock
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
      In the hopes of viral growth and bandwidth requirements that would make
      our server smoke, we're hosting our vidcast at libsyn.

      I swear there other day I saw that we could make feeds.ourdomain.com to
      username.libsyn.com to keep the domain branding consistent between our
      website and our vidcast. My recollection was the charge was modest;
      something like $3/month for 2 feeds.

      But yesterday I combed their site and could find no such thing. Was I
      hallucinating?

      TIA

      -TC

      On Dec 1, 2005, at 1:12 AM, Stephen Eley wrote:

      > On 12/1/05, Tony Comstock <tony@...> wrote:
      >> Is there any other kind?
      >
      > Any other kind of oil? In your industry, I assumed you'd know of lots
      > of them! >8->
      >
      > BTW, welcome. I heard your interview on Open Source Sex many months
      > back, and I really think you've got the right approach to the art. I
      > think you'll have fun vidcasting, and I hope it brings you great
      > success!
      >

      > --
      > Have Fun,
      > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
      > http://www.escapepod.info
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Comstock Films
      Real Life, Real People, Real Sex
      http://www.comstockfilms.com
      (212) 956-3226
    • Steve Lubitz
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
        If you've set up your libsyn account so that your domain points to
        them, then it should be as easy as specifying www.yourdomain.com/rss
        and it should be there. If you already have a web site and are just
        using them for hosting, then you'd need to set up some sort of a
        redirect on your web server to get feeds.yourdomain.com to point to
        username.libsyn.com/rss...

        -Steve
        http://www.extra-points.com

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
          On 12/1/05, Tony Comstock <tony@...> wrote:

          > I swear there other day I saw that we could make feeds.ourdomain.com to
          > username.libsyn.com to keep the domain branding consistent between our
          > website and our vidcast. My recollection was the charge was modest;
          > something like $3/month for 2 feeds.

          My advice would be to drop them a line, at support@.... I'm
          not a LibSyn customer any more, but I've always had a high opinion of
          the customer focus there and their willingness to work with individual
          needs.

          http://www.escapepod.info
        • Tony Comstock
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
            Hmmm. I'll have to take another look, or more accurately have my wife
            take a look. She's the internet wiz of the operation.

            And thanks to everyone for not jumping down my throat. Over the weekend
            I took a beating on PJ Harvey list looking for some suggestions for
            possible tracks for the gay film we're finishing. I'm still a little
            sore.

            Yours,
            TC

          • Dave Jackson
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
              I highly recommend Slusher and Leo. I didn't know what to expect from Dave Slusher, but he really made some great points. I hope it comes across in audio. I didn't care much for the odeo presentation IMHA.

              Dave Jackson
              www.schoolofpodcasting.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
                Thats the branding feature of feedburner. Not libsyn.

                Dave Jackson
                www.schoolofpodcasting.com
                In the hopes of viral growth and bandwidth requirements that would make
                our server smoke, we're hosting our vidcast at libsyn.

                I swear there other day I saw that we could make feeds.ourdomain.com to
                username.libsyn.com to keep the domain branding consistent between our
                website and our vidcast. My recollection was the charge was modest;
                something like $3/month for 2 feeds.

                But yesterday I combed their site and could find no such thing. Was I
                hallucinating?

                TIA

                -TC

                On Dec 1, 2005, at 1:12 AM, Stephen Eley wrote:

                > On 12/1/05, Tony Comstock <tony@...> wrote:
                >> Is there any other kind?
                >
                > Any other kind of oil? In your industry, I assumed you'd know of lots
                > of them! >8->
                >
                > BTW, welcome. I heard your interview on Open Source Sex many months
                > back, and I really think you've got the right approach to the art. I
                > think you'll have fun vidcasting, and I hope it brings you great
                > success!
                >

                > --
                > Have Fun,
                > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
                > http://www.escapepod.info
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Comstock Films
                Real Life, Real People, Real Sex
                http://www.comstockfilms.com
                (212) 956-3226

              • Olivier Anh
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Hi,

                  C.C. Chapman a écrit :
                  > And what sort of questions do you have? Helpful and knowledgeable group
                  > around here, but very few of us can read minds. *grin*

                  Ahum.. hum... I've to close my mind in this group then.. Or you might
                  get to much infos from me.. a rare poster :p

                  Some people have NO SPAM, others can READ MINDS... Au secours !

                  Olivier