Audio from Podcasting Conference 2005 Up

  • Tim Bourquin
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
      For anyone interested, the audio from most of the sessions at the
      Portable Media Expo and Podcasting Conference 2005 is up and running.

      Friday sessions:
      http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com/friday.htm

      Saturday sessions:
      http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com/saturday.htm

      The audio quality on some of the sessions is sub-standard, which is why
      we decided against selling the audio. We'll be looking for podcasters
      to monitor recording levels and to make sure speakers and audience
      questions are "on mic" at at the 2006 Expo (Sept. 29-30, 2006) to
      ensure better audio quality.

      Tim Bourquin
      http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com
      http://www.PodcastBrothers.com
    • Robyn Tippins
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
        I'm interested... I really wanted to go so this is almost as good.

        Robyn

        _____

        For anyone interested, the audio from most of the sessions at the
        Portable Media Expo and Podcasting Conference 2005 is up and running.

        Friday sessions:
        http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com/friday.htm

        Saturday sessions:
        http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com/saturday.htm

        The audio quality on some of the sessions is sub-standard, which is why
        we decided against selling the audio. We'll be looking for podcasters
        to monitor recording levels and to make sure speakers and audience
        questions are "on mic" at at the 2006 Expo (Sept. 29-30, 2006) to
        ensure better audio quality.

        Tim Bourquin
        http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com
        http://www.PodcastBrothers.com

        Communication
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi
        cation+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&c=2&s=77&.sig
        =ozdeqSR9iHuNl4GM8mtT5w> and networking

        Wireless
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w
        1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&c=2&
        s=77&.sig=C2VMYm3EZ13VjeE5NNaKDg> communication and networking

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "podcasters
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

        _____

      • Tony Comstock
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
          Hello everyone!

          My name is Tony Comstock, I'm a filmmaker (some will insist
          "pornographer") and we've just started using video podcasting to offer
          our films in serialized form. We're somewhere between a beta and a
          softlaunch, and my friend Cindy from Ken and Squipper suggested this
          would be a good place to tune into for tips and advice on how to do it
          right.

          Regards,

          TC
        • Martin McKeay
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
            Yay!!!

            I've already started downloading over half a dozen of the sessions,
            which will give me listening material for at least the next couple of
            days.

            I wish I coulda made it to the Conference, but this will have to do
            until next year.

            Martin

            --
            Martin McKeay, CISSP, CCNA
            http://www.mckeay.net/secure/

            "No walls can hold me!
            That's why we brought tasers."

            On 11/30/05, Tim Bourquin <tim@...> wrote:
            > For anyone interested, the audio from most of the sessions at the
            > Portable Media Expo and Podcasting Conference 2005 is up and running.
            >
            > Friday sessions:
            > http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com/friday.htm
            >
            > Saturday sessions:
            > http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com/saturday.htm
            >
            > The audio quality on some of the sessions is sub-standard, which is why
            > we decided against selling the audio. We'll be looking for podcasters
            > to monitor recording levels and to make sure speakers and audience
            > questions are "on mic" at at the 2006 Expo (Sept. 29-30, 2006) to
            > ensure better audio quality.
            >
            > Tim Bourquin
            > http://www.PortableMediaExpo.com
            > http://www.PodcastBrothers.com

          • C.C. Chapman
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
              Tim, thank you for everything you did with the conference and having these
              online now is great! Thank you.

              C.C. Chapman
              Host & Producer of http://www.accidenthash.com
              <http://www.accidenthash.com/> & http://www.uturncafe.com
              <http://www.uturncafe.com/>

              _____

[...]

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              _____

            • C.C. Chapman
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
                No URL?

                And what sort of questions do you have? Helpful and knowledgeable group
                around here, but very few of us can read minds. *grin*

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
                  Burning the midnight oil too CC, eh?

                  Mrs. B's Patriot World
                  http://www.patriotworld.com
                  Podcast Feed
                  http://patriotworld.com/podcasts/mrsbpodcast.xml
                  Frappr Map:
                  http://www.frappr.com/mrsbspatriotworld

                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
                    Is there any other kind?

                    On Dec 1, 2005, at 12:02 AM, Karen Cardoza wrote:

                    > Burning the midnight oil too CC, eh?
                    >

                    > Mrs. B's Patriot World
                    > http://www.patriotworld.com
                    > Podcast Feed
                    > http://patriotworld.com/podcasts/mrsbpodcast.xml
                    > Frappr Map:
                    > http://www.frappr.com/mrsbspatriotworld

                  • Geek
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
                      Tim

                      Did you had a photographer running around and if so do you have or plain on
                      releasing those pictures..

                      Todd..

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 30, 2005
                        On 12/1/05, Tony Comstock <tony@...> wrote:
                        > Is there any other kind?

                        Any other kind of oil? In your industry, I assumed you'd know of lots
                        of them! >8->

                        BTW, welcome. I heard your interview on Open Source Sex many months
                        back, and I really think you've got the right approach to the art. I
                        think you'll have fun vidcasting, and I hope it brings you great
                        success!

                        http://www.escapepod.info
                      • Tony Comstock
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
                          In the hopes of viral growth and bandwidth requirements that would make
                          our server smoke, we're hosting our vidcast at libsyn.

                          I swear there other day I saw that we could make feeds.ourdomain.com to
                          username.libsyn.com to keep the domain branding consistent between our
                          website and our vidcast. My recollection was the charge was modest;
                          something like $3/month for 2 feeds.

                          But yesterday I combed their site and could find no such thing. Was I
                          hallucinating?

                          TIA

                          -TC

                          On Dec 1, 2005, at 1:12 AM, Stephen Eley wrote:

                          > On 12/1/05, Tony Comstock <tony@...> wrote:
                          >> Is there any other kind?
                          >
                          > Any other kind of oil? In your industry, I assumed you'd know of lots
                          > of them! >8->
                          >
                          > BTW, welcome. I heard your interview on Open Source Sex many months
                          > back, and I really think you've got the right approach to the art. I
                          > think you'll have fun vidcasting, and I hope it brings you great
                          > success!
                          >

                          > --
                          > Have Fun,
                          > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
                          > http://www.escapepod.info
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Comstock Films
                          Real Life, Real People, Real Sex
                          http://www.comstockfilms.com
                          (212) 956-3226
                        • Steve Lubitz
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
                            If you've set up your libsyn account so that your domain points to
                            them, then it should be as easy as specifying www.yourdomain.com/rss
                            and it should be there. If you already have a web site and are just
                            using them for hosting, then you'd need to set up some sort of a
                            redirect on your web server to get feeds.yourdomain.com to point to
                            username.libsyn.com/rss...

                            -Steve
                            http://www.extra-points.com

                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
                              On 12/1/05, Tony Comstock <tony@...> wrote:

                              > I swear there other day I saw that we could make feeds.ourdomain.com to
                              > username.libsyn.com to keep the domain branding consistent between our
                              > website and our vidcast. My recollection was the charge was modest;
                              > something like $3/month for 2 feeds.

                              My advice would be to drop them a line, at support@.... I'm
                              not a LibSyn customer any more, but I've always had a high opinion of
                              the customer focus there and their willingness to work with individual
                              needs.

                              http://www.escapepod.info
                            • Tony Comstock
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
                                Hmmm. I'll have to take another look, or more accurately have my wife
                                take a look. She's the internet wiz of the operation.

                                And thanks to everyone for not jumping down my throat. Over the weekend
                                I took a beating on PJ Harvey list looking for some suggestions for
                                possible tracks for the gay film we're finishing. I'm still a little
                                sore.

                                Yours,
                                TC

                              • Dave Jackson
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
                                  I highly recommend Slusher and Leo. I didn't know what to expect from Dave Slusher, but he really made some great points. I hope it comes across in audio. I didn't care much for the odeo presentation IMHA.

                                  Dave Jackson
                                  www.schoolofpodcasting.com

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
                                    Thats the branding feature of feedburner. Not libsyn.

                                    Dave Jackson
                                    www.schoolofpodcasting.com
                                    In the hopes of viral growth and bandwidth requirements that would make
                                    our server smoke, we're hosting our vidcast at libsyn.

                                    I swear there other day I saw that we could make feeds.ourdomain.com to
                                    username.libsyn.com to keep the domain branding consistent between our
                                    website and our vidcast. My recollection was the charge was modest;
                                    something like $3/month for 2 feeds.

                                    But yesterday I combed their site and could find no such thing. Was I
                                    hallucinating?

                                    TIA

                                    -TC

                                    On Dec 1, 2005, at 1:12 AM, Stephen Eley wrote:

                                    > On 12/1/05, Tony Comstock <tony@...> wrote:
                                    >> Is there any other kind?
                                    >
                                    > Any other kind of oil? In your industry, I assumed you'd know of lots
                                    > of them! >8->
                                    >
                                    > BTW, welcome. I heard your interview on Open Source Sex many months
                                    > back, and I really think you've got the right approach to the art. I
                                    > think you'll have fun vidcasting, and I hope it brings you great
                                    > success!
                                    >

                                    > --
                                    > Have Fun,
                                    > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
                                    > http://www.escapepod.info
                                    >

                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    Comstock Films
                                    Real Life, Real People, Real Sex
                                    http://www.comstockfilms.com
                                    (212) 956-3226

                                  • Olivier Anh
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 2, 2005
                                      Hi,

                                      C.C. Chapman a écrit :
                                      > And what sort of questions do you have? Helpful and knowledgeable group
                                      > around here, but very few of us can read minds. *grin*

                                      Ahum.. hum... I've to close my mind in this group then.. Or you might
                                      get to much infos from me.. a rare poster :p

                                      Some people have NO SPAM, others can READ MINDS... Au secours !

                                      Olivier