Go Daddy Limiting Data Transfer?

  • Scott Parent
    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hey Everyone,

      I wanted to share an experience with you and see if anyone else has run into
      this with ANY other host.

      I recently signed up with GoDaddy to host my site and my mp3 files. Ever
      since I had been noticing that my site is down a lot and the feed is often
      erroring out in iTunes. I contacted them today and they told me that they
      have limits on their shared hosting on how many connections they allow per
      minute and how much data is transfered, even though I am under my allotted
      monthly bandwidth cap. I understand why they do this so other clients on a
      shared box don't suffer in performance, but obviosly as a podcaster, our
      goal is to transfer lots of data and this won't work as a hosting plan with
      this kind cap.

      Have any of you had this happen?

      Thanks for your feedback.

      -Scott

    • Andy Armstrong
      Message 47 of 47 , Dec 2, 2005
        On 2 Dec 2005, at 02:56, Scott Parent wrote:
        > the site just appears to be down...404...whatever...no message
        > stating why it's down...

        Just to be pedantic :)

        You won't get a 404 because a) that means 'File not found' and b) the
        server won't even let you connect - so you won't get any status code
        back from it.

        --
        Andy Armstrong, hexten.net