Re: [podcasters] Hello Everyone

  • Evo Terra
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2005
      Wilson,

      Can I get a little clarity? You said:
      > My last four pod cast on Libsyn have just stopped..short..way short
      > of the content time.
      >
      > I am sure some of it has to be I need to take care of editing and
      > watching the clock; I am pod casting with a freind who can talk, and
      > talk, and I need to learn to crack the whip: still that problem is
      > early days yet.
      >
      > What could be keeping me from uploading.

      So it sounds like you have two problems:

      1) Your entire media file is not uploading

      2) You tend to move off topic, and your show show doesn't go where you
      thought it should each episode.

      Your first problem sounds like an dropped connection when you're moving
      your files up to LibSyn. It could be a browser time-out issue, so try
      switching to an FTP client to handle your uploading. Try SmartFTP, at
      http://smartftp.com It's easy to use and free. There are directions on
      using a client on the LibSyn site.

      The second issues is more difficult to solve, because you may not have a
      problem at all. It all depend on what sort of show you want. Many of us
      use "show notes" in various forms to keep ourselves on track. They can
      be hastily jotted down on a napkin five minutes before recording time,
      or a fully-detailed script of exactly what you wish to say. You have to
      figure out what works best for you.

      I'd suggest picking three topics to cover on a show, and setting a five
      - seven minute time frame for each. Tell your co-host about it, and both
      of you keep your eye on the clock. Give that a shot to see if it works.
      If not, then try something else. I use a variety of "clock management"
      techniques for the various shows I do, but all of them require hitting a
      time mark. You get to pick how "close" you hit that mark!

      Hope this helps. Good luck!

      E.

      Evo Terra | DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com