Re: the best ways to record voice from Skype

  • ktofel
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Unsigned Podcast/Paul
      <prp6040@y...> wrote:

      > --- robert <news@p...> wrote:
      > > I like to take my voice from My mic and the Voice
      > > out of Skype -
      > > External to the Computer and put them into a Mixer
      > > and then record on
      > > an external Digital Recorder. There is a pre-amp in
      > > there also.
      >
      > I use Hot Recorder. It records both files individualy,
      > so that you can mix them seperately. And it's cheap.
      >
      > http://hotrecorder.com/
      >
      > Only 20 dollars. And you can download and try the
      > demo.
      >

      > Paul Puri
      > Unsigned Podcast Network
      >
      > Skype:unsignedpodcast
      > The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
      > The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      > The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
      > The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast
      >
      > Promotion without shame.
      > Podcasting Announcements

      I use two different methods because I have two different types of
      podcasts. One show is with two other hosts that are remote, that is
      all three of us are in different locations. We speak to each other on
      Skype, but we only record our own individual track with Audacity. I
      have the other hosts save their track as a WAV to keep the quality
      high. I then synch all three tracks and save one WAV with all three
      voices; again, no quality loss. I then add intro, outro, etc...and
      save the result as an .mp3. Quality is very good for folks thousands
      of miles apart. Check an episode and let me know if you agree:
      http://www.mobiletechroundup.com

      My other show is done with a co-host right next to me, but we're in a
      car. For that I still use Audacity, however I bought two Ars-Technica
      lapel mics (about $40 each) and a Rolls mini-mixer (about $50). The
      two mics go into the mixer (it can take up to 4) and that mixer
      outputs a single signal to my TabletPC running audacity. The mixer
      lets me adjust sound levels of each person on the fly. Example:
      http://www.commute-cast.com

      Good luck!
      Kevin C. Tofel