Re: Re: the most prolific podcaster

  • Tim Baker
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
      At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
      >A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
      >minutes of GOOD content.

      seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
      the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
      that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
      more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
      that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
      had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D

      So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
      well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
      of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
      and Bicyclemark (78 shows).

      Tim

      Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/
    • Chris Cochran
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
        The Overnightscape Podcast has been around for a VERY long time...Now
        up to episode 318. In fact Frank Edward Nora was doing his show back
        when there was no podcasting, he was simply doing an audio blog.

        It is a 30 minute show...that is 159 hours. Not the most time but
        definitely up there.

        On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Tim Baker wrote:

        > At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
        >> A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out
        >> the most
        >> minutes of GOOD content.
        >
        > seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
        > the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
        > that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
        > more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
        > that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
        > had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D
        >
        > So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
        > well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
        > of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
        > and Bicyclemark (78 shows).
        >
        > Tim
        >
        > Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/

        > ~-->
        > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
        > Sweet Life.
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

      • Doug Kaye
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
          I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
          show #819 is the latest in our production queue.

          And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)

          ...doug

          Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
          IT Conversations
          doug@...
          v: 415.453.1400
        • Les Posen
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
            Sorry, Doug, I've never thought to compare IT Conversations with what
            followed and became known as podcasts.

            For me, it was always you and Chris Lydon leading the parade, when
            both Adam C and Dave W were guests of Lydon, and you were already
            doing IT conversations.

            We're talking major and minor leagues here, and comparisons are odious.

            Les
            On 03/11/2005, at 3:33 AM, Doug Kaye wrote:

            > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
            > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
            >
            > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
            >
            > ...doug
            >
            > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
            > IT Conversations
            > doug@...
            > v: 415.453.1400

            > ~-->
            > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
            > Sweet Life.
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

          • Michael Ridley
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
              I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations rocks my socks. I
              subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much of it as I can (except
              for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio show or the podcast). All
              the great conference talks and interviews though...awesome! Thanks for the
              great service, and thanks so much to your content providers for allowing you
              to distribute it.

              -m

              On 11/2/05, Doug Kaye <doug@...> wrote:

              > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
              > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
              >
              > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
              >
              > ...doug
              >
              > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
              > IT Conversations
              > doug@...
              > v: 415.453.1400

              -m
              http://www.secretelite.com/michael

            • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                --- Michael Ridley <michaelridley@...> wrote:
                > I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations
                > rocks my socks. I
                > subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much
                > of it as I can (except
                > for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio
                > show or the podcast). All
                > the great conference talks and interviews
                > though...awesome! Thanks for the
                > great service, and thanks so much to your content
                > providers for allowing you
                > to distribute it.

                Ya, I have to second that. I subscribe to all shows as
                well and enjoy every one of them.

                Paul Puri
                Unsigned Podcast Network

                Skype:unsignedpodcast
                The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                Promotion without shame.
                Podcasting Announcements
              • Pat Cook
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 5, 2005
                  Hi everyone:

                  At 05:37 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
                  >All of my video is shot in MPEG4 and easily uploaded them to my
                  >video Ipod. Are you manually adding them to the iTunes library?
                  >Sometimes you need that step.

                  Both of you should check out the Video Bloggers group @
                  informative answers there than you can here (Not to say the info.
                  here is bad BUT...) :)

                  Hope this helps :)

                  Cheers for now :)

                  Pat Cook