Re: [podcasters] Re: the most prolific podcaster

  • Michael Ridley
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
      Yeah you should probably drop out. Where are your priorities?

      -m

      On 11/2/05, Rishabh Kumar <mr.shooby@...> wrote:

      > Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only
      > done
      > about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school
      >
      > On 11/1/05, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
      > > > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the
      > most
      > > > minutes of GOOD content.
      > >
      > > By quantity? I have no idea.
      > >
      > > By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
      > > achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.
      > >

      > > --
      > > Have Fun,
      > > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
      > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
      > > http://www.escapepod.info

      > > ------------------------------
      > >

      > --
      > -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
      > A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)
      > Check out my podcast at http://theshoobyshow.com

      -m
      http://www.secretelite.com/michael

    • Tim Baker
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
        At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
        >A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
        >minutes of GOOD content.

        seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
        the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
        that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
        more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
        that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
        had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D

        So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
        well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
        of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
        and Bicyclemark (78 shows).

        Tim

        Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/
      • Chris Cochran
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
          The Overnightscape Podcast has been around for a VERY long time...Now
          up to episode 318. In fact Frank Edward Nora was doing his show back
          when there was no podcasting, he was simply doing an audio blog.

          It is a 30 minute show...that is 159 hours. Not the most time but
          definitely up there.

          On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Tim Baker wrote:

          > At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
          >> A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out
          >> the most
          >> minutes of GOOD content.
          >
          > seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
          > the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
          > that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
          > more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
          > that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
          > had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D
          >
          > So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
          > well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
          > of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
          > and Bicyclemark (78 shows).
          >
          > Tim
          >
          > Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/

          > ~-->
          > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
          > Sweet Life.
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

        • Doug Kaye
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
            I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
            show #819 is the latest in our production queue.

            And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)

            ...doug

            Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
            IT Conversations
            doug@...
            v: 415.453.1400
          • Les Posen
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
              Sorry, Doug, I've never thought to compare IT Conversations with what
              followed and became known as podcasts.

              For me, it was always you and Chris Lydon leading the parade, when
              both Adam C and Dave W were guests of Lydon, and you were already
              doing IT conversations.

              We're talking major and minor leagues here, and comparisons are odious.

              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations rocks my socks. I
                subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much of it as I can (except
                for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio show or the podcast). All
                the great conference talks and interviews though...awesome! Thanks for the
                great service, and thanks so much to your content providers for allowing you
                to distribute it.

                -m

                On 11/2/05, Doug Kaye <doug@...> wrote:

                > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                >
                > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                >
                > ...doug
                >
                > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                > IT Conversations
                > doug@...
                > v: 415.453.1400

                -m
                http://www.secretelite.com/michael

              • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                  --- Michael Ridley <michaelridley@...> wrote:
                  > I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations
                  > rocks my socks. I
                  > subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much
                  > of it as I can (except
                  > for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio
                  > show or the podcast). All
                  > the great conference talks and interviews
                  > though...awesome! Thanks for the
                  > great service, and thanks so much to your content
                  > providers for allowing you
                  > to distribute it.

                  Ya, I have to second that. I subscribe to all shows as
                  well and enjoy every one of them.

                  Paul Puri
                  Unsigned Podcast Network

                  Skype:unsignedpodcast
                  The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                  The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                  The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                  The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                  Promotion without shame.
                  Podcasting Announcements
                • Pat Cook
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 5, 2005
                    Hi everyone:

                    At 05:37 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
                    >All of my video is shot in MPEG4 and easily uploaded them to my
                    >video Ipod. Are you manually adding them to the iTunes library?
                    >Sometimes you need that step.

                    Both of you should check out the Video Bloggers group @
                    informative answers there than you can here (Not to say the info.
                    here is bad BUT...) :)

                    Hope this helps :)

                    Cheers for now :)

                    Pat Cook