Re: [podcasters] Re: the most prolific podcaster

  • Rishabh Kumar
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
      Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only done
      about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school

      --
      -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
      A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)

      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
        Yeah you should probably drop out. Where are your priorities?

        -m

        On 11/2/05, Rishabh Kumar <mr.shooby@...> wrote:

        > Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only
        > done
        > about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school
        >
        > On 11/1/05, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
        > > > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the
        > most
        > > > minutes of GOOD content.
        > >
        > > By quantity? I have no idea.
        > >
        > > By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
        > > achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.
        > >

        > > --
        > > Have Fun,
        > > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
        > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
        > > http://www.escapepod.info

        > > ------------------------------
        > >

        > --
        > -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
        > A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)
        > Check out my podcast at http://theshoobyshow.com

        -m
        http://www.secretelite.com/michael

      • Tim Baker
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
          At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
          >A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
          >minutes of GOOD content.

          seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
          the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
          that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
          more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
          that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
          had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D

          So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
          well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
          of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
          and Bicyclemark (78 shows).

          Tim

          Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/
        • Chris Cochran
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
            The Overnightscape Podcast has been around for a VERY long time...Now
            up to episode 318. In fact Frank Edward Nora was doing his show back
            when there was no podcasting, he was simply doing an audio blog.

            It is a 30 minute show...that is 159 hours. Not the most time but
            definitely up there.

            On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Tim Baker wrote:

            > At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
            >> A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out
            >> the most
            >> minutes of GOOD content.
            >
            > seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
            > the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
            > that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
            > more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
            > that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
            > had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D
            >
            > So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
            > well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
            > of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
            > and Bicyclemark (78 shows).
            >
            > Tim
            >
            > Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/

            > ~-->
            > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
            > Sweet Life.
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

          • Doug Kaye
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
              I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
              show #819 is the latest in our production queue.

              And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)

              ...doug

              Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
              IT Conversations
              doug@...
              v: 415.453.1400
            • Les Posen
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                Sorry, Doug, I've never thought to compare IT Conversations with what
                followed and became known as podcasts.

                For me, it was always you and Chris Lydon leading the parade, when
                both Adam C and Dave W were guests of Lydon, and you were already
                doing IT conversations.

                We're talking major and minor leagues here, and comparisons are odious.

                Les
                On 03/11/2005, at 3:33 AM, Doug Kaye wrote:

                > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                >
                > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                >
                > ...doug
                >
                > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                > IT Conversations
                > doug@...
                > v: 415.453.1400

                > ~-->
                > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
                > Sweet Life.
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

              • Michael Ridley
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                  I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations rocks my socks. I
                  subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much of it as I can (except
                  for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio show or the podcast). All
                  the great conference talks and interviews though...awesome! Thanks for the
                  great service, and thanks so much to your content providers for allowing you
                  to distribute it.

                  -m

                  On 11/2/05, Doug Kaye <doug@...> wrote:

                  > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                  > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                  >
                  > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                  >
                  > ...doug
                  >
                  > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                  > IT Conversations
                  > doug@...
                  > v: 415.453.1400

                  -m
                  http://www.secretelite.com/michael

                • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                    --- Michael Ridley <michaelridley@...> wrote:
                    > I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations
                    > rocks my socks. I
                    > subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much
                    > of it as I can (except
                    > for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio
                    > show or the podcast). All
                    > the great conference talks and interviews
                    > though...awesome! Thanks for the
                    > great service, and thanks so much to your content
                    > providers for allowing you
                    > to distribute it.

                    Ya, I have to second that. I subscribe to all shows as
                    well and enjoy every one of them.

                    Paul Puri
                    Unsigned Podcast Network

                    Skype:unsignedpodcast
                    The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                    The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                    The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                    The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                    Promotion without shame.
                    Podcasting Announcements
                  • Pat Cook
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 5, 2005
                      Hi everyone:

                      At 05:37 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
                      >All of my video is shot in MPEG4 and easily uploaded them to my
                      >video Ipod. Are you manually adding them to the iTunes library?
                      >Sometimes you need that step.

                      Both of you should check out the Video Bloggers group @
                      informative answers there than you can here (Not to say the info.
                      here is bad BUT...) :)

                      Hope this helps :)

                      Cheers for now :)

                      Pat Cook