Re: [podcasters] Re: the most prolific podcaster

    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
      On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
      > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
      > minutes of GOOD content.

      By quantity? I have no idea.

      By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
      achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.

      http://www.escapepod.info
    • Rishabh Kumar
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
        Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only done
        about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school

        --
        -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
        A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)

        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
          Yeah you should probably drop out. Where are your priorities?

          -m

          On 11/2/05, Rishabh Kumar <mr.shooby@...> wrote:

          > Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only
          > done
          > about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school
          >
          > On 11/1/05, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
          > > > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the
          > most
          > > > minutes of GOOD content.
          > >
          > > By quantity? I have no idea.
          > >
          > > By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
          > > achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.
          > >

          > > --
          > > Have Fun,
          > > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
          > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
          > > http://www.escapepod.info

          > > ------------------------------
          > >

          > --
          > -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
          > A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)
          > Check out my podcast at http://theshoobyshow.com

          -m
          http://www.secretelite.com/michael

        • Tim Baker
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
            At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
            >A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
            >minutes of GOOD content.

            seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
            the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
            that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
            more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
            that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
            had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D

            So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
            well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
            of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
            and Bicyclemark (78 shows).

            Tim

            Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/
          • Chris Cochran
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
              The Overnightscape Podcast has been around for a VERY long time...Now
              up to episode 318. In fact Frank Edward Nora was doing his show back
              when there was no podcasting, he was simply doing an audio blog.

              It is a 30 minute show...that is 159 hours. Not the most time but
              definitely up there.

              On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Tim Baker wrote:

              > At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
              >> A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out
              >> the most
              >> minutes of GOOD content.
              >
              > seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
              > the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
              > that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
              > more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
              > that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
              > had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D
              >
              > So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
              > well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
              > of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
              > and Bicyclemark (78 shows).
              >
              > Tim
              >
              > Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/

              > ~-->
              > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
              > Sweet Life.
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

            • Doug Kaye
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                show #819 is the latest in our production queue.

                And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)

                ...doug

                Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                IT Conversations
                doug@...
                v: 415.453.1400
              • Les Posen
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                  Sorry, Doug, I've never thought to compare IT Conversations with what
                  followed and became known as podcasts.

                  For me, it was always you and Chris Lydon leading the parade, when
                  both Adam C and Dave W were guests of Lydon, and you were already
                  doing IT conversations.

                  We're talking major and minor leagues here, and comparisons are odious.

                  Les
                  On 03/11/2005, at 3:33 AM, Doug Kaye wrote:

                  > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                  > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                  >
                  > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                  >
                  > ...doug
                  >
                  > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                  > IT Conversations
                  > doug@...
                  > v: 415.453.1400

                  > ~-->
                  > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
                  > Sweet Life.
                  > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

                • Michael Ridley
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                    I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations rocks my socks. I
                    subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much of it as I can (except
                    for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio show or the podcast). All
                    the great conference talks and interviews though...awesome! Thanks for the
                    great service, and thanks so much to your content providers for allowing you
                    to distribute it.

                    -m

                    On 11/2/05, Doug Kaye <doug@...> wrote:

                    > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                    > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                    >
                    > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                    >
                    > ...doug
                    >
                    > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                    > IT Conversations
                    > doug@...
                    > v: 415.453.1400

                    -m
                    http://www.secretelite.com/michael

                  • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                      --- Michael Ridley <michaelridley@...> wrote:
                      > I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations
                      > rocks my socks. I
                      > subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much
                      > of it as I can (except
                      > for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio
                      > show or the podcast). All
                      > the great conference talks and interviews
                      > though...awesome! Thanks for the
                      > great service, and thanks so much to your content
                      > providers for allowing you
                      > to distribute it.

                      Ya, I have to second that. I subscribe to all shows as
                      well and enjoy every one of them.

                      Paul Puri
                      Unsigned Podcast Network

                      Skype:unsignedpodcast
                      The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                      The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                      The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                      The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                      Promotion without shame.
                      Podcasting Announcements
                    • Pat Cook
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 5, 2005
                        Hi everyone:

                        At 05:37 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
                        >All of my video is shot in MPEG4 and easily uploaded them to my
                        >video Ipod. Are you manually adding them to the iTunes library?
                        >Sometimes you need that step.

                        Both of you should check out the Video Bloggers group @
                        informative answers there than you can here (Not to say the info.
                        here is bad BUT...) :)

                        Hope this helps :)

                        Cheers for now :)

                        Pat Cook