Re: [podcasters] the most prolific podcaster

  • Rishabh Kumar
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
      Libsyn!
      -Shooby
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
        On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
        > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
        > minutes of GOOD content.

        By quantity? I have no idea.

        By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
        achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.

        http://www.escapepod.info
      • Rishabh Kumar
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
          Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only done
          about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school

          --
          -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
          A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)

          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
            Yeah you should probably drop out. Where are your priorities?

            -m

            On 11/2/05, Rishabh Kumar <mr.shooby@...> wrote:

            > Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only
            > done
            > about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school
            >
            > On 11/1/05, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
            > > > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the
            > most
            > > > minutes of GOOD content.
            > >
            > > By quantity? I have no idea.
            > >
            > > By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
            > > achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.
            > >

            > > --
            > > Have Fun,
            > > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
            > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
            > > http://www.escapepod.info

            > > ------------------------------
            > >

            > --
            > -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
            > A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)
            > Check out my podcast at http://theshoobyshow.com

            -m
            http://www.secretelite.com/michael

          • Tim Baker
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
              At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
              >A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
              >minutes of GOOD content.

              seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
              the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
              that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
              more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
              that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
              had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D

              So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
              well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
              of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
              and Bicyclemark (78 shows).

              Tim

              Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/
            • Chris Cochran
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                The Overnightscape Podcast has been around for a VERY long time...Now
                up to episode 318. In fact Frank Edward Nora was doing his show back
                when there was no podcasting, he was simply doing an audio blog.

                It is a 30 minute show...that is 159 hours. Not the most time but
                definitely up there.

                On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Tim Baker wrote:

                > At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
                >> A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out
                >> the most
                >> minutes of GOOD content.
                >
                > seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
                > the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
                > that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
                > more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
                > that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
                > had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D
                >
                > So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
                > well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
                > of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
                > and Bicyclemark (78 shows).
                >
                > Tim
                >
                > Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/

                > ~-->
                > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
                > Sweet Life.
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

              • Doug Kaye
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                  I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                  show #819 is the latest in our production queue.

                  And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)

                  ...doug

                  Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                  IT Conversations
                  doug@...
                  v: 415.453.1400
                • Les Posen
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                    Sorry, Doug, I've never thought to compare IT Conversations with what
                    followed and became known as podcasts.

                    For me, it was always you and Chris Lydon leading the parade, when
                    both Adam C and Dave W were guests of Lydon, and you were already
                    doing IT conversations.

                    We're talking major and minor leagues here, and comparisons are odious.

                    Les
                    On 03/11/2005, at 3:33 AM, Doug Kaye wrote:

                    > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                    > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                    >
                    > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                    >
                    > ...doug
                    >
                    > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                    > IT Conversations
                    > doug@...
                    > v: 415.453.1400

                    > ~-->
                    > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
                    > Sweet Life.
                    > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

                  • Michael Ridley
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                      I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations rocks my socks. I
                      subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much of it as I can (except
                      for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio show or the podcast). All
                      the great conference talks and interviews though...awesome! Thanks for the
                      great service, and thanks so much to your content providers for allowing you
                      to distribute it.

                      -m

                      On 11/2/05, Doug Kaye <doug@...> wrote:

                      > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                      > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                      >
                      > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                      >
                      > ...doug
                      >
                      > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                      > IT Conversations
                      > doug@...
                      > v: 415.453.1400

                      -m
                      http://www.secretelite.com/michael

                    • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                        --- Michael Ridley <michaelridley@...> wrote:
                        > I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations
                        > rocks my socks. I
                        > subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much
                        > of it as I can (except
                        > for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio
                        > show or the podcast). All
                        > the great conference talks and interviews
                        > though...awesome! Thanks for the
                        > great service, and thanks so much to your content
                        > providers for allowing you
                        > to distribute it.

                        Ya, I have to second that. I subscribe to all shows as
                        well and enjoy every one of them.

                        Paul Puri
                        Unsigned Podcast Network

                        Skype:unsignedpodcast
                        The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                        The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                        The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                        The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                        Promotion without shame.
                        Podcasting Announcements
                      • Pat Cook
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 5, 2005
                          Hi everyone:

                          At 05:37 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
                          >All of my video is shot in MPEG4 and easily uploaded them to my
                          >video Ipod. Are you manually adding them to the iTunes library?
                          >Sometimes you need that step.

                          Both of you should check out the Video Bloggers group @
                          informative answers there than you can here (Not to say the info.
                          here is bad BUT...) :)

                          Hope this helps :)

                          Cheers for now :)

                          Pat Cook