New Member

  • Chris Paulus
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2005
      Great list! It's so nice to be able to exchange so many ideas
      concerning this new way of broadcasting.

      There's a site that is offering a professional sound (or audio image)
      for podcasters. You can choose the voice that best suits your needs,
      plus choose music and special effects.

      http://www.voyagebeyond.net

      Check out my podcast:

      http://www.maacp.com

      Chris Paulus
    • Jay Fleischman
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
        Hello all!

        I joined a few days ago and have been comfortably lurking until now. I
        still don't know how useful I'll be to the conversations, but I'm going to
        try my best.

        I am the host of the Debt Podcast (www.debtpodcast.com), a show about
        getting control of your wallet. We cover debt and credit matters, credit
        reporting issues, dealing with bill collectors, and tips on increasing your
        personal financial picture.

        My question is less technical and more marketing oriented. I'm curious as
        to how you are all driving listeners to your shows. Do any of you use
        grassroots marketing or offline media to drive subscribers? Cross-marketing
        with your blogs or other online ventures?

        We've gotten some good listener numbers, but it moves too slowly for me.
        I'm not monetizing the show at this point, and probably won't even think
        about that for quite some time. The thing is I'm looking for critical mass,
        and the faster the better.

        Thanks, and I look forward to being a part of the group.

      • George L Smyth
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
          --- Jay Fleischman <debtpodcast@...> wrote:

          > Hello all!
          >
          > I joined a few days ago and have been comfortably lurking until now. I
          > still don't know how useful I'll be to the conversations, but I'm going to
          > try my best.
          >
          > I am the host of the Debt Podcast (www.debtpodcast.com), a show about
          > getting control of your wallet. We cover debt and credit matters, credit
          > reporting issues, dealing with bill collectors, and tips on increasing your
          > personal financial picture.
          >
          > My question is less technical and more marketing oriented. I'm curious as
          > to how you are all driving listeners to your shows. Do any of you use
          > grassroots marketing or offline media to drive subscribers? Cross-marketing
          > with your blogs or other online ventures?
          >
          > We've gotten some good listener numbers, but it moves too slowly for me.
          > I'm not monetizing the show at this point, and probably won't even think
          > about that for quite some time. The thing is I'm looking for critical mass,
          > and the faster the better.
          >
          > Thanks, and I look forward to being a part of the group.

          Jay -

          I'm used to seeing the rise in listenership be slow, so perhaps it's not as
          much of an issue for me. One way to gain exposure would be to enter forums of
          interest (like this one) and participate. That way, if the people think you're
          talking sense then you've got a whole group who may subscribe.

          BTW, in addition to my Eclectic Mix podcast, I do a similar one called The
          Prudent Investor (http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=21).

          Cheers -

          george

          -------------------------------------

          Eclectic Mix - http://EclecticMix.com
          DRiP Investing - http://DRiPInvesting.org
          Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com
          The Prudent Investor - http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=21

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com
        • Tracie
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2007
            Hi everyone. My name is Tracie and I am a new podcaster.

            I hope everyone enjoys my podcast and I am sure I will enjoy listening to yours.

            A little about me: I live in New Orleans, LA with my husband.
            I am your typical 26 year old.
            A jack of all trades, master of none is the best way to describe me.

            My website is: www.morbidtracie.com

            My podcast is free to subscribe.
            Just go here:

            http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=29618&talkCastId=29618
            and click on your preffered program.

            Thanks,

            Tracie
          • Michael W. Dean
            Message 5 of 9 , May 3, 2007
              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Tracie" <dragula_zombie_grrrl@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi everyone. My name is Tracie and I am a new podcaster.
              >
              > I hope everyone enjoys my podcast and I am sure I will enjoy
              listening to yours.

              > A little about me: I live in New Orleans, LA with my husband.
              > I am your typical 26 year old.
              > A jack of all trades, master of none is the best way to describe me.
              >
              > My website is: www.morbidtracie.com
              >
              > My podcast is free to subscribe.
              > Just go here:

              http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=29618&talkCastId=29618

              =====

              Welcome Tracie!

              I checked out a little of your cast.

              While I'm actually willing to listen to a podcast that talks about the
              joy of used tampons, the sound quality of Talkshoe through a cell
              phone is unlistenable. Especially a music-heavy cast recorded for
              Talkshoe through a cell phone.

              I'd recommend investing 15 bucks in a Radio Shack headset microphone,
              downloading Audacity (free) to record on and at least hosting on
              Libsyn (almost free.)

              Your listeners will thank you.

              Also recommend redesigning your http://www.morbidtracie.com website a
              little. There's tons of underlined text that looks like links and none
              of it is a link. It's pretty damn confusing. And I couldn't find the
              podcast from the website, only from the link you posted on here. The
              Podcast link on your http://www.morbidtracie.com site seems to be the
              topics of the casts, but no links to them.

              MWD
              "SUBMISSION AND COFFEE WITH DOLLIE LLAMA" (free BDSM podcast. No iPod
              needed):
              http://www.askdollie.com
            • krabbykatie
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 5, 2012
                Hello everyone. I am new around here and just wanted to say hi. I have a fairly new podcast that is hosted here http://www.justafase.com/katiegetskrabby.cfm and on iTunes. It typically comes out on Tuesdays, but if you go to the site you will see this week's is late.

                I was wondering what forms you guys use to promote your shows?

                I have a facebook page that currently has around 1,000 fans (I can't say that all of them listen to each episode ;-( ) but beyond that I am not really sure where to go.

                Thanks!