Re: [podcasters] the most prolific podcaster

  • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
      --- Brian Noe <noebie@...> wrote:
      > it's that .004 that puts a cast over the top!

      ya, but how do they handle the bandwidth bill?

      ;)

      Paul Puri
      Unsigned Podcast Network

      Skype:unsignedpodcast
      The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
      The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
      The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
      The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

      Promotion without shame.
      Podcasting Announcements
    • Peter Mezensky
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
        I think it was after you reviewed me on vox monitor that I picked up the .004 :p

        --

        http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people
      • mr strauss
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
          bah-zing! zingah!

          Peter Mezensky wrote:

          >I think it was after you reviewed me on vox monitor that I picked up the .004 :p
          >

          >On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
          >

          >>I'm sure most of those 43 million subscribers heard about you on Vox
          >>Monitor.
          >>

          >--
          >
          >http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people

          >.

        • Rishabh Kumar
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
            Libsyn!
            -Shooby
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
              On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
              > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
              > minutes of GOOD content.

              By quantity? I have no idea.

              By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
              achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.

              http://www.escapepod.info
            • Rishabh Kumar
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only done
                about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school

                --
                -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
                A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)

                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                  Yeah you should probably drop out. Where are your priorities?

                  -m

                  On 11/2/05, Rishabh Kumar <mr.shooby@...> wrote:

                  > Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only
                  > done
                  > about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school
                  >
                  > On 11/1/05, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
                  > > > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the
                  > most
                  > > > minutes of GOOD content.
                  > >
                  > > By quantity? I have no idea.
                  > >
                  > > By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
                  > > achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.
                  > >

                  > > --
                  > > Have Fun,
                  > > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
                  > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
                  > > http://www.escapepod.info

                  > > ------------------------------
                  > >

                  > --
                  > -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
                  > A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)
                  > Check out my podcast at http://theshoobyshow.com

                  -m
                  http://www.secretelite.com/michael

                • Tim Baker
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                    At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
                    >A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
                    >minutes of GOOD content.

                    seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
                    the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
                    that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
                    more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
                    that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
                    had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D

                    So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
                    well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
                    of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
                    and Bicyclemark (78 shows).

                    Tim

                    Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/
                  • Chris Cochran
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                      The Overnightscape Podcast has been around for a VERY long time...Now
                      up to episode 318. In fact Frank Edward Nora was doing his show back
                      when there was no podcasting, he was simply doing an audio blog.

                      It is a 30 minute show...that is 159 hours. Not the most time but
                      definitely up there.

                      On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Tim Baker wrote:

                      > At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
                      >> A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out
                      >> the most
                      >> minutes of GOOD content.
                      >
                      > seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
                      > the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
                      > that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
                      > more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
                      > that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
                      > had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D
                      >
                      > So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
                      > well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
                      > of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
                      > and Bicyclemark (78 shows).
                      >
                      > Tim
                      >
                      > Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/

                      > ~-->
                      > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
                      > Sweet Life.
                      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

                    • Doug Kaye
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                        I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                        show #819 is the latest in our production queue.

                        And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)

                        ...doug

                        Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                        IT Conversations
                        doug@...
                        v: 415.453.1400
                      • Les Posen
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                          Sorry, Doug, I've never thought to compare IT Conversations with what
                          followed and became known as podcasts.

                          For me, it was always you and Chris Lydon leading the parade, when
                          both Adam C and Dave W were guests of Lydon, and you were already
                          doing IT conversations.

                          We're talking major and minor leagues here, and comparisons are odious.

                          Les
                          On 03/11/2005, at 3:33 AM, Doug Kaye wrote:

                          > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                          > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                          >
                          > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                          >
                          > ...doug
                          >
                          > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                          > IT Conversations
                          > doug@...
                          > v: 415.453.1400

                          > ~-->
                          > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
                          > Sweet Life.
                          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

                        • Michael Ridley
                          Message 12 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                            I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations rocks my socks. I
                            subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much of it as I can (except
                            for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio show or the podcast). All
                            the great conference talks and interviews though...awesome! Thanks for the
                            great service, and thanks so much to your content providers for allowing you
                            to distribute it.

                            -m

                            Message 13 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                              --- Michael Ridley <michaelridley@...> wrote:
                              > I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations
                              > rocks my socks. I
                              > subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much
                              > of it as I can (except
                              > for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio
                              > show or the podcast). All
                              > the great conference talks and interviews
                              > though...awesome! Thanks for the
                              > great service, and thanks so much to your content
                              > providers for allowing you
                              > to distribute it.

                              Ya, I have to second that. I subscribe to all shows as
                              well and enjoy every one of them.

                              Paul Puri
                              Unsigned Podcast Network

                              Skype:unsignedpodcast
                              The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                              The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                              The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                              The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                              Promotion without shame.
                              Podcasting Announcements
                            • Pat Cook
                              Message 14 of 27 , Nov 5, 2005
                                Hi everyone:

                                At 05:37 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
                                >All of my video is shot in MPEG4 and easily uploaded them to my
                                >video Ipod. Are you manually adding them to the iTunes library?
                                >Sometimes you need that step.

                                Both of you should check out the Video Bloggers group @
                                informative answers there than you can here (Not to say the info.
                                here is bad BUT...) :)

                                Hope this helps :)

                                Cheers for now :)

                                Pat Cook