Re: [podcasters] the most prolific podcaster

  • Peter Mezensky
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
      Well, I only have about 10 shows under my belt but with over
      43,342,456.004 subscribers in the eastern United States alone, I am
      now taking the title of 'America's Favorite Podcast'.
      -peter

      --

      http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people (and
      America's favorite podcast)
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
        The Richard Vobes Radio Show - Show 285 about 40 minutes on average
        every day = 11,400 minutes :)

        Pete

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, robert <news@p...> wrote:

        > Keith and the Girl - 164 Shows at about an hour each.
        >
        > So that is 9,840 Minutes.
        >
        > Adam Curry has averaged about 40 Minutes a show = 10,840 Minutes.
        >

        > Rob W
        > podCast411
        >

        > On Nov 1, 2005, at 4:19 PM, Brian Noe wrote:
        >
        > > the maccast is almost at 100 shows (congratulations adam!)
        > >
        > > daily source code was number 271 today
        > >
        > > dawn and drew are at 178 (not counting the videos)

      • mr strauss
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
          I'm sure most of those 43 million subscribers heard about you on Vox
          Monitor.

          Peter Mezensky wrote:

          >Well, I only have about 10 shows under my belt but with over
          >43,342,456.004 subscribers in the eastern United States alone, I am
          >now taking the title of 'America's Favorite Podcast'.
          >-peter
          >
          >--
          >
          >http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people (and
          >America's favorite podcast)

        • sunyhg
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
            Sorry guys, but I have 10 shows with 1.5 billion subscribers ;-)
            With all listening to a hockey podcast.....LOL

            Al
            WildHockeyFan PodCast
            > Well, I only have about 10 shows under my belt but with over
            > 43,342,456.004 subscribers in the eastern United States alone, I am
            > now taking the title of 'America's Favorite Podcast'.
            > -peter
            >
            > --
            >
            > http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people (and
            > America's favorite podcast)

          • Brian Noe
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
              it's that .004 that puts a cast over the top!

              :^)

              On 11/1/05, Peter Mezensky <peter@...> wrote:

              > Well, I only have about 10 shows under my belt but with over
              > 43,342,456.004 subscribers in the eastern United States alone, I am
              > now taking the title of 'America's Favorite Podcast'.
              > -peter
              >
              > --
              >
              > http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people (and
              > America's favorite podcast)

            • Allen Weiner
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                All of my video is shot in MPEG4 and easily uploaded them to my video Ipod. Are you manually adding them to the iTunes library? Sometimes you need that step.

                Allen Weiner Research Vice President Gartner Industries Research Check out my blog: http://whatsontonight.blogware.com If you'd like an invite to join Yahoo! 360, send me an email. allen_weiner@... Skype: allenweiner

                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                  A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
                  minutes of GOOD content.

                  Peter Haycock wrote:

                  >The Richard Vobes Radio Show - Show 285 about 40 minutes on average
                  >every day = 11,400 minutes :)
                  >
                  >Pete
                  >
                  >--- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, robert <news@p...> wrote:
                  >

                  >>Keith and the Girl - 164 Shows at about an hour each.
                  >>
                  >>So that is 9,840 Minutes.
                  >>
                  >>Adam Curry has averaged about 40 Minutes a show = 10,840 Minutes.
                  >>

                  >>Rob W
                  >>podCast411
                  >>

                  >>On Nov 1, 2005, at 4:19 PM, Brian Noe wrote:
                  >>

                  >>>the maccast is almost at 100 shows (congratulations adam!)
                  >>>
                  >>>daily source code was number 271 today
                  >>>
                  >>>dawn and drew are at 178 (not counting the videos)
                  >>>

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Unsigned Podcast/Paul
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                    --- Brian Noe <noebie@...> wrote:
                    > it's that .004 that puts a cast over the top!

                    ya, but how do they handle the bandwidth bill?

                    ;)

                    Paul Puri
                    Unsigned Podcast Network

                    Skype:unsignedpodcast
                    The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                    The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                    The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                    The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                    Promotion without shame.
                    Podcasting Announcements
                  • Peter Mezensky
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                      I think it was after you reviewed me on vox monitor that I picked up the .004 :p

                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                        bah-zing! zingah!

                        Peter Mezensky wrote:

                        >I think it was after you reviewed me on vox monitor that I picked up the .004 :p
                        >

                        >On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
                        >

                        >>I'm sure most of those 43 million subscribers heard about you on Vox
                        >>Monitor.
                        >>

                        >--
                        >
                        >http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people

                        >.

                      • Rishabh Kumar
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                          Libsyn!
                          -Shooby
                          Message 12 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                            On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
                            > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
                            > minutes of GOOD content.

                            By quantity? I have no idea.

                            By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
                            achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.

                            http://www.escapepod.info
                          • Rishabh Kumar
                            Message 13 of 27 , Nov 1, 2005
                              Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only done
                              about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school

                              --
                              -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
                              A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)

                              Message 14 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                                Yeah you should probably drop out. Where are your priorities?

                                -m

                                On 11/2/05, Rishabh Kumar <mr.shooby@...> wrote:

                                > Wow, I've been podcasting since March, but in total probably have only
                                > done
                                > about 98 shows. I need to get my act together lol...I blame school
                                >
                                > On 11/1/05, Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > On 11/1/05, mr strauss <mrstrauss@...> wrote:
                                > > > A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the
                                > most
                                > > > minutes of GOOD content.
                                > >
                                > > By quantity? I have no idea.
                                > >
                                > > By ratio? Podictionary. It's two excellent minutes every day, and it
                                > > achieves exactly what the podcaster intends.
                                > >

                                > > --
                                > > Have Fun,
                                > > Steve Eley (sfeley@...)
                                > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
                                > > http://www.escapepod.info

                                > > ------------------------------
                                > >

                                > --
                                > -Rishabh Kumar (AKA Shooby)
                                > A proud Mac Geek without a Mac ;)
                                > Check out my podcast at http://theshoobyshow.com

                                -m
                                http://www.secretelite.com/michael

                              • Tim Baker
                                Message 15 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                                  At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
                                  >A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out the most
                                  >minutes of GOOD content.

                                  seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
                                  the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
                                  that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
                                  more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
                                  that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
                                  had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D

                                  So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
                                  well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
                                  of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
                                  and Bicyclemark (78 shows).

                                  Tim

                                  Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/
                                • Chris Cochran
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                                    The Overnightscape Podcast has been around for a VERY long time...Now
                                    up to episode 318. In fact Frank Edward Nora was doing his show back
                                    when there was no podcasting, he was simply doing an audio blog.

                                    It is a 30 minute show...that is 159 hours. Not the most time but
                                    definitely up there.

                                    On Nov 2, 2005, at 3:06 AM, Tim Baker wrote:

                                    > At 00:56 02/11/2005, mr strauss wrote:
                                    >> A much more interesting question, of course, is who has put out
                                    >> the most
                                    >> minutes of GOOD content.
                                    >
                                    > seconded...been going nearly a year as a weekly show and just passed
                                    > the 50 mark - show 51 is the current one. Certainly it seems shows
                                    > that are more regular and frequent tend to have more listeners, or a
                                    > more mobile listenership; but I never want to hurry a show because of
                                    > that - it takes time to produce a good show and even though I have
                                    > had requests to do it more frequently, they aint paying my wages :-D
                                    >
                                    > So the most shows with consistently good content (well thought out,
                                    > well produced, always got something new to say/do/play) I'd say Feast
                                    > of Fools (187 shows), Lucky Bitch Radio (157 shows) Coverville(143)
                                    > and Bicyclemark (78 shows).
                                    >
                                    > Tim
                                    >
                                    > Radio Clash http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/

                                    > ~-->
                                    > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
                                    > Sweet Life.
                                    > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

                                  • Doug Kaye
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                                      I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                                      show #819 is the latest in our production queue.

                                      And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)

                                      ...doug

                                      Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                                      IT Conversations
                                      doug@...
                                      v: 415.453.1400
                                    • Les Posen
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                                        Sorry, Doug, I've never thought to compare IT Conversations with what
                                        followed and became known as podcasts.

                                        For me, it was always you and Chris Lydon leading the parade, when
                                        both Adam C and Dave W were guests of Lydon, and you were already
                                        doing IT conversations.

                                        We're talking major and minor leagues here, and comparisons are odious.

                                        Les
                                        On 03/11/2005, at 3:33 AM, Doug Kaye wrote:

                                        > I don't know if a team podcast counts, but here at IT Conversations
                                        > show #819 is the latest in our production queue.
                                        >
                                        > And I don't blame you if you think that's cheating. :-)
                                        >
                                        > ...doug
                                        >
                                        > Doug Kaye, Executive Producer
                                        > IT Conversations
                                        > doug@...
                                        > v: 415.453.1400

                                        > ~-->
                                        > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
                                        > Sweet Life.
                                        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

                                      • Michael Ridley
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                                          I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations rocks my socks. I
                                          subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much of it as I can (except
                                          for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio show or the podcast). All
                                          the great conference talks and interviews though...awesome! Thanks for the
                                          great service, and thanks so much to your content providers for allowing you
                                          to distribute it.

                                          -m

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Nov 2, 2005
                                            --- Michael Ridley <michaelridley@...> wrote:
                                            > I dunno if it counts or not, but IT Conversations
                                            > rocks my socks. I
                                            > subscribe to your whole feed and listen to as much
                                            > of it as I can (except
                                            > for Tech Nation, never been a fan of TN the radio
                                            > show or the podcast). All
                                            > the great conference talks and interviews
                                            > though...awesome! Thanks for the
                                            > great service, and thanks so much to your content
                                            > providers for allowing you
                                            > to distribute it.

                                            Ya, I have to second that. I subscribe to all shows as
                                            well and enjoy every one of them.

                                            Paul Puri
                                            Unsigned Podcast Network

                                            Skype:unsignedpodcast
                                            The site: http://www.unsignedpodcastnetwork.com/
                                            The blog: http://unsignedpodcast.blogspot.com/
                                            The feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/unsignedpodcast/dmMp
                                            The store: http://www.cafepress.com/unsignedpodcast

                                            Promotion without shame.
                                            Podcasting Announcements
                                          • Pat Cook
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Nov 5, 2005
                                              Hi everyone:

                                              At 05:37 PM 11/1/2005, you wrote:
                                              >All of my video is shot in MPEG4 and easily uploaded them to my
                                              >video Ipod. Are you manually adding them to the iTunes library?
                                              >Sometimes you need that step.

                                              Both of you should check out the Video Bloggers group @
                                              informative answers there than you can here (Not to say the info.
                                              here is bad BUT...) :)

                                              Hope this helps :)

                                              Cheers for now :)

                                              Pat Cook