Re: [podcasters] Compression 101

  • mr strauss
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      regarding compression...

      In a recent Vox Monitor, we did something rather fun. We coordinated
      with a high school in Adrian Missouri, of all places. A teacher there,
      Mr. Sears, had given his English class an assignment to "write, produce
      and upload a podcast, one episode." He then sent the student podcasts -
      7 in all, as the students worked in groups - to us, and we reviewed them
      in the usual Vox Monitor fashion, with clips etc.

      Anyhow, it turned out to be a very fun show, and the kids were all very
      excited about it. The teacher recorded the classtoom discussion
      afterwards and we got to listen to that.

      But the point is, during that episode, which is easily found at
      www.voxmonitor.com, we gave a little, quick and dirty overview about
      compression - what it is and how to use it.

      thanks,

      eric
      eric@...
      www.voxmonitor.com