directories, scripts, etc

  • Fred F. McKinnon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hey Ya'll -

      Does anyone know if there are any pre-existing, shareware type
      "programs/scripts" powered by PHP/MYSQL that would allow you to
      create your own "podcast directory' ... similar to podcastalley or
      podcastpickle ...

      You know - where folks can submit their podcast, name, url, rss url,
      etc ... go into a "pending" database with an admin panel where admins
      approve them, and then ability to display this on the "front-end" of
      a website showing podcasts by category, recently added, or most
      popular (by votes, etc)?

      Thanks!
      FRED
      ---------------
      \o/ \o/ \o/
      Fred F. McKinnon
      Highest Praise Productions (http://www.highestpraise.com)
      HPP Christian Web Hosting & E-Commerce (http://
      www.hppchristianhosting.com)
      Check out my personal site, pics, blog, etc:
      http://www.fredmckinnon.com

      *NEW PODCAST*
      The Highest Praise Worship Podcast
      Web Url: http://www.highestpraise.com/podcast
      Feed Url: http://feeds.feedburner.com/highestpraise

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
        On 10/6/05, Fred F. McKinnon <fmckinnon@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know if there are any pre-existing, shareware type
        > "programs/scripts" powered by PHP/MYSQL that would allow you to
        > create your own "podcast directory' ... similar to podcastalley or
        > podcastpickle ...

        Going to Freshmeat.net and simply typing "directory" gives a few
        starting points, of which this is the highest rated:
        http://freshmeat.net/projects/websight/

        Keep scrolling for more, or refine the search.

        Any package would probably take customization to handle your voting
        requirement, but probably not that much. It also wouldn't be hard to
        roll your own, or adapt a blog or CMS application.

        (All that being said, I do question the need for Yet Another Podcast
        Directory when there are already dozens of them, and directories of
        directories... But if this is a special-interest directory or you see
        a way to do it that isn't already being done, more power to you.)

        http://www.escapepod.info
      • Peter Mezensky
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
          I found this the other day:
          http://sourceforge.net/projects/opda/
          but it looks like someone created the project with no plans on
          bringing it to fruition.
          -peter